The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

20 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: February is heart month
15 Feb 2015, 10:12
Chicory, @PennyForthem? I thought that I was being brave with swede! Well done you! Today I have the challenge of climbing the stairs hundreds of times! :shock: I think that's going to take longer than ten minutes - plus a huge recovery time - probably involving cake! :wink:

@peebles, I think that our charitable associations over here are much more carefully monitored regarding the source of their funds but agree in so far as some industries do seem to have an undue influence with our government - whichever party is in power!
16 Feb 2015, 15:36
@Stowgateresident, That's good to hear. Here in the U.S. the doctors that decide which drugs are to be approved by our FDA don't even have to reveal their investments in the companies that make the drugs. They also don't have to reveal how much money they are paid by these same companies to promote their already approved medications to other doctors. The system, which I have been studying of late, is even more corrupt than I had believed.
16 Feb 2015, 16:00
How many challenges do you get ladies. Stowie which veg did you buy, can't believe you don't already eat all of those lovely vegetables. Shame on you. :wink:
16 Feb 2015, 16:25
That's why I had to eat chicory @carieoates as I already do eat them! :wink:
But it has spurred me into action and my springer and I have our first agility lesson on Friday morning. It's the dream I've long since held and I'm going to try it. She'll be good, even if I'm not!

Oh and we only get 10 challenges.
20 Feb 2015, 13:06
Today's challenge was to identify my snacking moments and find an alternative snack to chocolate. Don't they know that there is no alternative - only stuff that you have to just tolerate! My alternative snack was a few almonds - not that I eat much chocolate any more. Long gone are the days when I would happily munch my way through a 200g bar of Cadbury's Whole Nut in one evening! :shock:
20 posts Page 2 of 2