The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

26 posts Page 1 of 2
Fitbit chat for June
01 Jun 2015, 04:12
I am starting this to celebrate that I am currently number 1 on the leader board! I know that this will be short-lived once you northern hemisphere runners wake up but I am enjoying the glory whilst it lasts! I tried and failed to meet my daily step goal every day in May (13,200 steps per day) but still managed to end up near the top 10 so have renewed my good intentions as June starts. It is winter here in Sydney so the early starts are chilly and dark (yes it does get cold here) but I refuse to be deterred! Happy fitbitting everyone.
Re: Fitbit chat for June
01 Jun 2015, 06:07
Nice one pilchards, you and me both, it's not often I get top spot.
03 Jun 2015, 16:12
:grin: YEAH! After contacting CS about my Flex only holding a charge for 24 hours they are sending me a replacement. Happy stepping everyone!
03 Jun 2015, 17:16
Brilliant news, @callyanna! I really like their customer service approach.
03 Jun 2015, 21:39
Annscotslass doing very well, I can feel determination there :-) yes @Pilchards walking in the dark not the best. I tripped over a root on the beach the other night and almost kissed the sand...gave my back an adjustment too :cry: Still only 3 weeks to go before we start getting longer days. Looking forward to more outdoors time. Happy walking!
04 Jun 2015, 01:40
That's fantastic, Callyanna!!!

Well I'm pleased to report that while my eating may not be under control, I'm keeping my step count up. I'm getting at least 10K/day and they are faster and in larger clumps than they've ever been before. The hilly mile loop I'm used to doing, I can now do twice in a row, quickly. Big improvement!!

Now if only I could manage food as well....
05 Jun 2015, 21:38
Wow, well done! I'm struggling to stay in the top 25 for June as I had a very poor first couple of days and am playing catch up already! I had a lovely trip out today, including walk round a beautiful garden, but didn't hit 10k steps. Grr. Still, it was good for my soul :smile:
06 Jun 2015, 21:53
I earned my skyscraper badge today. You get it when you have climbed 100 floors in one day. Well it is still early afternoon here and I have done 111 floors already!
08 Jun 2015, 09:15
I haven't had a very good start to the month, I was visiting my Mother for the first 4 days, she is housebound and although I did a lot of gardening while I was there it didn't do much to help my step count or active minutes.
Meeting a friend for a walk and lunch today, we haven't walked together before but I'm hoping she's a brisk walker as I need the Active minutes.
08 Jun 2015, 12:12
Wondered where you'd gone @SianS
08 Jun 2015, 21:33
Well I'm planning on doing less! Have restructured my work walks as I have been leaving home in the dark, racing home, walking my dogs, getting home in the dark, hoping the new more evenly spread walks will mean less stress. Quite frankly not enough hours in the day. Good walking all.
09 Jun 2015, 13:10
Well, I'm cross! On Sunday I did a lot of steps (for me) and where was my Flex - on the bedside cabinet! How annoying is that? Then Yesterday and today I have been stuck to my computer - out of necessity - not choice, so not many steps there either! Bah!!!
09 Jun 2015, 19:24
That happened to me today @StowgateResident, I set out for a local retail park which generally has terrible traffic the further in you get, so as usual I parked in the John Lewis car park, which is just on the edge and gives me a nice long walk to the other shops. Great plan, but my Fitbit was in the bathroom where I had taken it off to shower, at least 2k steps lost. Grr
10 Jun 2015, 09:26
Hi again,
I'm one of those names on the board that you must look at and think why are they still in the group, they never post! Well no, I've got out of the habit, but still do look at the leader board.
I did the C25K, but haven't been able to run for months, so that has affected my steps. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! I'm hoping that when I start again it will also help with the weight gain, as despite still faithfully fasting twice a week, I'm struggling even to stay at a steady weight...
I continue to love Fitbit, it amazes me that the motivational affect is still there after 22 months. I admit it's not quite so strong as the early days, but it's definitely still there! And it looks like I'm not the only one!
10 Jun 2015, 20:29
Hi has anyone seen that Fitbit and Parkrun are collaborating and setting up park run syncing plus a Facebook page and 15% off a new Fitbit.
Will post this over on the running thread too.
26 posts Page 1 of 2