The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

52 posts Page 3 of 4
Hi all

PhilT just posted a comment in the Fitbit website group chat about disabling emails, I have opted not to "Follow All Topics" that stopped them for me.Apart from server issues on here I too don't want to chat there

Meanwhile a quick catch up, safe travelling Umleila, well done to all on their week's achievements, Carrie I hope your daughter is up and about soon, Penny like you the combination of running, walking, cross training has really slimmed down my bum and thighs (wish I'd measured them at the start)
SianS wrote: Hi all

PhilT just posted a comment in the Fitbit website group chat about disabling emails, I have opted not to "Follow All Topics" that stopped them for me.Apart from server issues on here I too don't want to chat there

Meanwhile a quick catch up, safe travelling Umleila, well done to all on their week's achievements, Carrie I hope your daughter is up and about soon, Penny like you the combination of running, walking, cross training has really slimmed down my bum and thighs (wish I'd measured them at the start)

Same here, I've done it too - Unfollow topics that is.
Well I just posted a note and I apologize if I stepped out of bounds.

Anyway, when you disabled emails, do you still get those "love" notes from FitBit? I'm also in a family and work group, I wouldn't want to disable those. Carieoates mentioned "unfollow" topics so I'll see if that is group specific.

Frustrated, need to take a walk.
Ha, and now the FitBit site is down...really need to take a walk:)
This is really frustrating. The app and website are down. I can't sync and I don't like it :frown: GoLinda- after disabling the emails I stopped getting the "love" notes. I only receive now the weekly mail and friend requests.
Somewhere in the settings I changed my notices to receive one daily digest type email of anything posted at the Fitbit site. I didn't like getting a bunch of emails, either. But, at the same time I didn't think it was very-hmmm...trying to say it as diplomatically as possible-welcoming to say to the guy who joined us through the Fitbit site that we don't want to talk to him over there. He has joined us here, also. I don't mind chatting either place, especially now that I don't get constant emails each time someone posts. Sorry, I am really not trying to be difficult and I don't think anyone overstepped their bounds. Just stating my opinion here. :)
Ok, I love my fitbit and don't like to make a move without it. Showering, changing clothes done quickly so I can get it back on me. So...... what to do with the fitbit during sex? :confused: Lay it aside? Attach it so some active area of the body? :bugeyes: Hmmmmmm? :?: What do you do with your fitbit or account for extra activity? :grin:
Well, now you all can know how obsessive I am with the FB. I had to try it with the FB on at least once to see what I would be missing out on by not wearing it. So, I left my bra on one time and my hubby whined about it. lol Honestly, it didn't pick up that type of activity very well, IMO. It was under 100 steps! I sure felt like we earned more than that. LOL. So, now I don't fret about taking it off and missing out the activity points.

Maybe if I set it aside or clipped it to the sheets it would pick up better?
Hi 43tweaker. I do appreciate your opinion and thanks for being honest. I looked into disabling the emails but it does apply to all the groups you belong to, so I'll have to give it some thought as to what to do for myself. And I do hope Rocky joins us over here as I think he would love all the conversations.

For those wondering how to change your fitbit options, you click on the cog in the top right corner, select settings, then notifications on the left column. The site is back up by the way.

On the bright side...I did log another 7,000 steps today. But that isn't nearly as interesting as Betsygr8 and 43tweakers new ways to log activity points:)
Weekly Stats:
WEEK'S MOST ACTIVE DAY Wed, Aug 14
WEEK'S LEAST ACTIVE DAY Sat, Aug 17
TOTAL STEPS 115,924 
DAILY AVERAGE 16,561steps
BEST DAY18,629 steps
TOTAL DISTANCE 59.17 miles 
DAILY AVERAGE 8.45 miles
BEST DAY 9.67 miles
TOTAL FLOORS CLIMBED 1 DAILY AVERAGE-- floors
BEST DAY 1 floors
TOTAL CALS BURNED19,208 
DAILY AVERAGE 2,744 cals
BEST DAY 2,834 cals
I always thought that sex is overrated (as a source of physical activity) so I have been removing it although I am very obsessed with my fitbit too and we are otherwise inseparable :lol:
Got my new set of Aria scales during the week (was away for work so just got them last night)

Set up was a breeze worked right away - love em! and everytime I weigh myself it automatically syncs to Fitbit. You can delete data though so that's cool - in case you weigh yourself and then go to the toilet and "lose weight" you can delete the first one and try again haha

First set was obviously faulty but glad the exchange was hassle free
Congrats on your new scales tbreweton. I'm glad these ones are working :)

I don't receive any email notifications from fitbit apart from the first time I get a new badge, my weekly stats, and friend requests. I also only used the chat part of the fitbit group when this site was down and much prefer to chat here.

I'm a bit miserable today. We got back early evening yesterday after a week of really letting go with eating and not fasting and I've put on 5 pounds! Not sure why I'm surprised. I feel like I've put it on too. I think this week I'm going to do ADF and see how that goes.

I managed to keep up my steps all but one day and that was because I spent most of it on the car. Yesterday it was easy to do steps in the airport and unpacking at home :)

The weird thing is that because I changed time zone yesterday (I did it after completing my goals) my steps from yesterday have rated with me today! So now I'm starting my day with 17,000 steps and having climbed 50 stairs. No idea what that is going to do to my stats. I think this week it will be better to ignore my place in the rankings.
Oh no! Just realized that I will probably earn my 30,000 badge today without actually doing it! Has anyone else had this happen to them with different time zones?
Umleila wrote: Oh no! Just realized that I will probably earn my 30,000 badge today without actually doing it! Has anyone else had this happen to them with different time zones?

Haven't had any time zone changes but I just realized how I achieved so many stairs the other day. I live a couple of miles from the beach, so I'm about 200 ft above sea level, driving back from the beach or driving anywhere that takes me "up" in elevation seems to give me extra floors. :bugeyes: :confused:
52 posts Page 3 of 4