The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

52 posts Page 1 of 4
Today starts a new week...what will your goal be? Maybe it is to increase your active minutes or maybe just fall in love with your fitbit all over again?

Here's wishing everyone a successful 5:2 and fitbit week!
Hi, My goal is to start back on 5:2! Have had a little lapse, retried WW & remembered why i found it so annoying. Have had the most success with 5:2 so will give it a better go. My main problem was that after about 6 weeks i found i was really ravenous on fast days. :) Jane
Well today I was feeling lousy both physically and mentally due to a bad eating weekend... Don't get me wrong I had an amazing weekend but I am now at a stage where eating food I used to love now leaves a bad feeling in my gut as though my body has reset to how it should be and is saying "what kinda poison are you feeding me!"

The wife wanted to go do our weekly shopping so I said cool I will see ya there im walking! Its 3.5km there. Once I got there I still felt horrid so after doing the rounds of the shop and paying I said ok see ya at home and walked home haha Now Im feeling great! Just got my 50km all time badge and 15k steps in one day badge. I also think its the first day ive broken 10km so very stoked with myself!

Now the real trick is to see if I can get in some steps during my week away for work - loads of driving and sitting so it could be a bad week resulting in another big walk next weekend hahaha

Have a great week everyone and good luck with those steps!
To any new Fitbit owners:
Did you see on the log page that you can 'add custom tracker'? I'm using this to record fast days.

This week's target is to hit 10,000 steps every day. It's been a surprise to realise just how sedentary I am. Although I did OK last week, there was ALOT of extra walking going on! :turtle:
Did 10,000 steps yesterday, only reached it when just before going to bed I realized I only needed another couple hundred steps to get there. So I started running around the house, my cat and BF thought I was nuts, lol :)
Well, #$@%*!! Went to Walmart, two grocery stores and a parade and left the Fitbit on the charger. A trip to the stores usually gets me 6-7000 steps. Add the walk to the parade in and I figure I missed out on 8000ish steps. DD needs to be picked up at school and wants to play some tennis with me. I guess now I will be walking round the track to get some steps counting, too.
Annurca wrote: To any new Fitbit owners:
Did you see on the log page that you can 'add custom tracker'? I'm using this to record fast days.

This week's target is to hit 10,000 steps every day. It's been a surprise to realise just how sedentary I am. Although I did OK last week, there was ALOT of extra walking going on! :turtle:

Annurca: I've had my Fitbit One just over a week and am still finding my way with it. Yes, I've seen the "Add custom tracker" in the Log section but can you explain how you record your fast days, i.e. exactly what data do you insert that helps you with your fast days, please?
Just noticed that my laptop is set to a completely different time zone, 12 hours out. Have reset it, so hope to start afresh tomorrow.
On the plus side, less than a week after getting my fitbit, I've done 9173 steps today.

Can anyone enlighten me, please, as to what the little 'face' means as part of the screen readout?
Penny, not sure what you mean by face, when I cycle through the screens on my fitbit one I see: Time, steps, stairs, total distance, calories burned, and last a flower with leaves representing, I think, activity.
Hi Ginge,
It won't let me set up another one to check, but I'm pretty sure I set the unit as 'Day', and then the next bit as yes,no. It just means on a fast day I go into tracker and type yes, so it acts as a diary. Sorry if I gave impression it was cleverer than that!

I thought it might be interesting in three months or so when I take advantage of the free premium analysis they give us, incase being on a fast day correlates with something I haven't spotted, like sleep.
Hi everyone. Happy I found you. I was still posting on last week's thread. My goals and achievements are increasing every week. I don't know how sustainable this is . Yesterday I earned my first 25000 steps a day badge. Today I will probably get to 20000 steps. I think that I will increase my goal to 19000 steps a day for this week and we'll see. Good luck to you all.
Was bound and determined to achieve penance for my low steps last week...albeit it was caused by long hours at work. So I headed out and just walked, walked, and walked. Have over 24,000 steps and DRAT, what do I see? I have 87 flights of stairs.

So now I'm thinking I might need to head out again before bed to get that blasted 100 flight of stairs badge...as I'm sure it will be another blue moon before I see that opportunity again!

Sounds like quite a few got in some great steps this week-end. If you are new to the fitbit, don't stress, and work yourself up. I'd even recommend just tracking a normal week so you can set the amazing progress you can make each week.

I usually park way out in the parking lot to protect my car from door dings. Now I park it out far to get more steps...and I always take my cart back to the store rather than the cart rack.

Penny, I think the face you are referring to is when you look at your dashboard on an ipad or computer. It was something Fitbit added when they added the new normal dashboard ...as opposed to the Beta dashboard. You receive a "happy face" if you met your goals in that area or "tile".

If you didn't notice, you can add or delete tiles from your dashboard from the left side of your screen (don't know how on a phone). You can select your type of dashboard from the tiny cog in the top right corner.

Also if you have a computer with "flash" installed, you can view days, weeks, and months of your steps in one chart. If you hover over with your mouse, you can see what you achieved each day. Can actually see others as well if they have allowed their groups to see it. Sorry if everyone knows this, but I continue to find litte tools and I just didn't want anyone to miss out.

Have a great "step" and succesful 5:2 week. Steps make all hunger pains disappear...oh yeah!
I haven't received a weekly email. Does it come on the anniversary of starting up or the beginning of my week ie Monday.
Morning all

A very sedentary Sunday for me yesterday, so I have slipped down a few places.

Penny the smiley face is I think just a Smiley Face, and I think you have the option not to see it if you go to Dashboard then settings

Carie I haven't had a weekly report since June 19th, no idea why not as everything that should be ticked is ticked.

Out for a run to get my steps up :smile:
I've changed my time zone, changed the date and re installed my FB. All seems to be working in sync now.
I am very impressed with it!

I've now seen how to disable various settings and add others.
52 posts Page 1 of 4