The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

28 posts Page 1 of 2
Hello Everyone -- Just realized our last FITBIT CHAT was from back in August. Yikes!!

For those who may not know, we have a group over on the Fitbit site as well, and you can compare you steps and distance with other fitbitters there. Just PM me your email address and I'll add you to the group over there.

Hubby just had to replace his Flex. After two years and one month, it died. He got a new one on Amazon.com for $80 including shipping and it arrived the next day. My One is still going strong. We've been taking advantage of this really mild December weather to take lots of walks outside. I've been doing pretty well with my steps - of course more is always better.

How are you doing? Going to keep walking to try and keep the christmas pounds at bay?
Ooh, I just got a fitbit Charge HR as an early Christmas present. Sending you a pm now!
I added you :-)

Also, if anyone wears a fitbit flex and wants to trade a large black bracelet for a small black bracelet, PM me. My husband got a new Flex and doesn't need his small bracelet.
I wear an Omron accelerometer clipped to my waist band and tucked in my pocket. Works a treat, though if it could shout up at me to go out NOW for that walk that would help enormously!
Averaging only 5k steps daily currently.
Must. Do. Better.
:0)
Azureblue wrote: I wear an Omron accelerometer clipped to my waist band and tucked in my pocket. Works a treat, though if it could shout up at me to go out NOW for that walk that would help enormously!
Averaging only 5k steps daily currently.
Must. Do. Better.

I rely on my trusty Omron pedometer. I also have a Garmin GPS watch which I use to measure distances and ascents on walks I make up myself. This has an activity tracker function which would nag me if I was inactive for 30 minutes and keep on until I have done at least 200 steps. But it does not vibrate and I cannot hear it, so I have switched it all off to conserve battery
I defected from FitBit and bought an Apple Watch. The jury is still out for me although I do like it when it tells you to stand up! My step count has been down for the past few months but am starting to get back up again.
Glad to see a post. I recently lowered my goal from 10K to 8K and I've gotten more steps in because of it!! It's just more attainable and so I can strive for it. And sometimes I get to 10K. I'm looking forward to really increasing it in the New Year. Just trying to get through the holidays right now, but the good news is, there is a lot of walking involved in that!!
I would love a "nag" feature. But I hate having things on my wrists, so an apple watch wouldn't work for me (plus I defected to Android this year). Oh well.

It was so cold and rainy here yesterday that I only made it to 8K. But I should still be proud I went on one cold and rainy walk.
Mislaid my handy ped, yet again! That's another thing to find tomorrow. It's going to be a busy day :smile:
I use an Omron pedometer. My nag features have four legs each and big wistful eyes-very efficient at getting me out!
My four legged nag feature is, I think, happier to lie down on the couch than beg for a walk. She's totally up for it if we get the leash, but otherwise she loves a nice warm, soft spot. She's just a wee bit spoiled. I'm knitting her a sweater to help with the wintery walks.
Lord but these short dark days are a trial :0,
I long for 12 hours of bright daylight. How's it going over in Australia and NZ and full summer?
Send us some over would you?
Happy Winter Solstice folks \o/
As many of you know I got an Apple Watch in jun/July. So am not on the forum Fitbit leaderboard anymore :cry:
But I had a Fitbit for several yesrs and know that my steps are fine, and now I don't check them daily like I used too. Don't check much anymore to be honest. I do however log all my exercise on the watch which goes into the health app .
It doesn't matter what we use. As along as we move a bit everyday.
I'm loving my Fitbit! The only "problem" is I am constantly checking my stats on my phone. But it's definitely great incentive to get up and walk around.
My Omrom died before Xmas so I have purchased a basic Omron Walking Style One 2.0 Stepcounter with Amazon vouchers I received. Thanks big sis!
28 posts Page 1 of 2