The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

17 posts Page 1 of 2
Fitbitters July Chat
07 Jul 2015, 15:13
Hey guys where have you all gone.
I've noticed that you've not started this on this chat. So here it is.
I love my new Apple watch but do miss my Fitbit friends loads.
It's a great piece of kit and at £299 for the cheapest it's well worth the money.
Keep up the stepping everyone. :cool:
Re: Fitbitters July Chat
07 Jul 2015, 18:58
I'm here although only met my goal 3 days so far this month and dropping down the board. Good to see @tracieknits, @wendyjane and @sians all up there though!
07 Jul 2015, 19:22
I'm here, once again I'm doing ok on steps and miles but nowhere on Active Minutes. I'll mow the lawn tomorrow which will help though.
@carieoates I hadn't realised you had deserted us!
07 Jul 2015, 19:31
Not sure how to take that @SianS. Didn't you miss me!
I'm doing more the ever now as have registered for a 10k on 2nd August to prep for GNR on sept 13th. Running more often 3-5 k a few times a week. Am now slowly upping frequency so that I can then increase length of time I run on running days.
See you Saturday, I may be quizzing you on your running. :confused:
07 Jul 2015, 22:23
The trick is to keep up the pace now that I've returned from a lovely holiday, during which I walked everywhere, @rawkaren! Thanks for the nudge.

I got an email from my next door neighbor today, sent to our whole group of neighboring friends - desperate to borrow a charging cable for her fitbit because she can't find hers and she won't be able to get a new one before her fitbit passes out! I had to say no, as I have a different model (still love my One).
09 Jul 2015, 06:11
I'm here, but recovering from a horrendous bug, was in bed for most of a fortnight! I've lost 9lbs and am very weak, so legs wobble after 100 steps let alone 10000. Still, on the mend at last. :smile:
09 Jul 2015, 11:06
I'm on unpaid maternity leave so don't know whether I will be able to afford this but tell me about a fitbit. I currently use a garmin when I'm out walking and running. The only thing is it's an old model so doesn't measure heart rate and probably no oo accurate. I also doesn't differntiate between when I'm walking or running. Does a fit bit? Are they really £300? I migh see if I could get a second hand one. Would love to see what I'm actually burning. I'm signed up to a 10mile run in August and have a running buggy which I had been using a couple times a week. currently sick. @rawkaren glad to see you're still a fitness fanatic (originally I was jmousey).
09 Jul 2015, 17:41
Hello teddybear ex jmousey, no they start at £40 the zip, the one , the flex all under £100.
I'm gate crashing as I've not got one anymore. They all do count steps, and calories, and the flex can be told that you're running,
Glad to see you back in the fold.
09 Jul 2015, 18:49
So which do people recommend?
10 Jul 2015, 14:11
I have a fitbit one and love it, though I lost my first one in the wash. Found the clip case, but no sign of the counter anywhere! If you want to keep track of heart rate, you might want the fitbitHR - it has gotten good reviews, and is the one I would like after this One dies - or gets lost in the wash! :oops:
10 Jul 2015, 14:38
Go for the flex, except you can't see any numbers on the screen you have to use app. So charge or Charge HR. I have a surge for sale £150 rep £199, brand new still in box, if you really interested pm me.
10 Jul 2015, 15:40
I'm still here with my little Fitbit zip, which I've had over a year now. Still find it motivating too. I just wanted a simple pedometer which also gauges activity...which is what I needed the help with. I don't need to know about how much sleep I get, I think that would wind me up and cause insomnia ! Not sure the activity measurement is that accurate though. Keep it up everyone !
11 Jul 2015, 07:11
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33423846

Thought this was an interesting article.
12 Jul 2015, 12:32
Not doing much walking this month because there's lots to do in the garden and I can't fit in both. Mind you, if I spent less time on this forum I could fit in more steps! :wink:
29 Jul 2015, 04:26
@StowgateResident the garden is consuming my time too, even more this week as I try to sort out the damage caused by last weekend's rain and wind. Yesterday I did my 10K steps without going out of my garden gate but only managed 20 active minutes.
17 posts Page 1 of 2