The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

33 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: January Fitbitters
15 Jan 2016, 01:58
That's awesome @Wildmissus. I've only ever done 20K days in Europe. It seems so much easier to do there. In Edinburgh, I managed to climb the equivalent of 50 flights of stairs! We walked up to the castle, then we did the tour of Mary King's Close (up and down several flights) then we walked to New Town, then back up to Worlds End pub, then down to Holyrood, then back up to our hotel and then to dinner right near the castle again. That was an over 20K day as well.
15 Jan 2016, 04:30
Great job everyone! It makes me want to move even more. Wildmissus, you are the Fitbit Queen for January, and the rest of are your loyal subjects! Lead on! :grin:
15 Jan 2016, 09:04
That's brilliant @Wildmissus :victory:
And everyone else because you're all doing much better than my hiccuping numbers. Nevertheless I'm feeling optimistic, maybe the slightly lighter sky today (nice change from incessant gloom and rain) is helping. :smile:
15 Jan 2016, 09:17
I've been wearing mine but because I've not been out much this fortnight it looks like I am slacking.
15 Jan 2016, 09:29
@Golarne I feel your pain about the weather, I spent last week at my Mother's house near Saundersfoot, and only managed one walk.
Here in sunny Kent the weather is set to be frosty and dry, so lots of walks in the coming week. I'm sure trudging through mud helps work out thethighs.
15 Jan 2016, 10:55
Thanks everyone. Needless to say I have sore hips and legs today. The weather is really gloomy, we have snow but every now and then we are getting rain. It is almost 11am and I've only just gone over 500 steps but I need to do a quick hoover round then go to the supermarket for my weekly shop. I start work at 4pm today so hopefully the weather will be fine enough for me to listen to my music and walk. With any luck I might manage 10k today.
15 Jan 2016, 23:19
I haven't even managed to hit my paltry target of 7500 on any day since last Sunday! I bow down to all you magnificent beings who are doing so well! :smile:
16 Jan 2016, 22:08
I got a FitBit for Christmas as I asked for and I am obsessed with it (currently). I always thought I got 10,000 steps or more at work since I am standing and walking around for 10 hours a day, but I was shocked to see that I don't even come close to that. It's so much harder than I thought to get there! In fact, I've only reached it twice since I got my FitBit. I have daily challenges with a friend and it motivates me, but I always fall short. Something I have to keep working on, I guess.
17 Jan 2016, 00:14
Mmm...beginning to wonder if mine is wonky as I haven't been across the front door today but still managed to get over 8k. I have a good quality pedometer so I think I'll put that in my pocket as well tomorrow as a comparison.
17 Jan 2016, 05:13
Big Fitbit day! I think I'm gonna hit 20K if I put on some Latin music and dance around the kitchen for a few songs and walk the pup one last time! It's only 9pm after all. I got some help from Zumba class this morning, a dog walk, and knocking on a bunch of doors all over town for Hillary. I think I will sleep well tonight. :sleepy: Hope everyone is well and happy. :wink:
17 Jan 2016, 18:14
Swam 1/2 mile today. It bugs me that I can't count that as steps somehow!!
19 Jan 2016, 19:18
I got my fibit charge hr as an early Christmas present, and I love it. It really does get me up and moving. I'm always looking for ways to get extra steps. I don't get home from work until after dark, and I'm not comfortable taking walks by myself, so I walk around the apartment. Not very original, but the tip I have is to walk while watching TV. I'm a huge basketball fan, so instead of sitting on the couch when I watch a game, I'll walk back and forth behind the couch while the game is on. I also listen to podcasts and walk around the apartment or put on music and dance.
21 Jan 2016, 14:56
I have just dug an old cross-trainer out of the storeroom where it has been since we moved here thirteen years ago! I have set it up in the sitting room so that I can use it when watching the TV. I tested it yesterday with my fitbit and for every 100 steps on the machine, it only registered 83 or 84 on the fitbit - irritating but at least I know! :frown:
I should confess that I can only do about a hundred and fifty steps before needing a little break because my arms and thighs hurt! It seems that I should have got it out of the store much sooner! :shock:
29 Jan 2016, 17:56
Did you all get your Sport Relief email from Fitbit this morning?
In case you didn't Fitbit have pledged to donate £50,000 to Sport Relief for every billion steps taken on registered Fitbit accounts between 1st February and 31st March, up to a total of £250,000.
Just register via the email link and your steps will count towards the total :grin:
29 Jan 2016, 18:17
Thanks, @SianS. I received my email and have already signed up. Anyone else? :?: No excuse - you've just to do what you already do and it won't cost you a penny! :smile:
33 posts Page 2 of 3