The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

18 posts Page 2 of 2
Oh I belong here as well. When I got my fitbit in October, I hate to admit I think I was averaging 5k steps a day. They say to only increase by 500 steps/day each week, and there are weeks I skipped the increase because I was just too tired. I'm at 9K this week.

I had a treadmill in the basement. I ended up moving into our living room/front room, right next to the TV. This way, I feel too guilty just sitting on the couch unless I've done my steps. It's possible to get a free treadmill on craigslist or freecycle - I have a friend who got a pretty decent one from someone who never used theirs.

It really helps that hubby got one too, and we are "friends" on fitbit and can see each other's progress. I hate the thought of letting him down by being too lazy and not making my goals.
Tracieknits wrote: Oh I belong here as well. When I got my fitbit in October, I hate to admit I think I was averaging 5k steps a day. They say to only increase by 500 steps/day each week, and there are weeks I skipped the increase because I was just too tired. I'm at 9K this week.

I had a treadmill in the basement. I ended up moving into our living room/front room, right next to the TV. This way, I feel too guilty just sitting on the couch unless I've done my steps. It's possible to get a free treadmill on craigslist or freecycle - I have a friend who got a pretty decent one from someone who never used theirs.

It really helps that hubby got one too, and we are "friends" on fitbit and can see each other's progress. I hate the thought of letting him down by being too lazy and not making my goals.

Tracie 9k is brilliant.you are a prime example of what a fitbit does to you. Ok off my soap box again now.
I have a low step-count too... She says whilst slumped on the settee...
18 posts Page 2 of 2