The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Exercise bike
01 Mar 2013, 16:51
Not quite sure where to post this, so sorry if it's in the wrong place.
I am wanting to get an exercise bike, and have looked on line, but I have no idea what I'm looking for really. I wonder if any forum members can recommend one? Or give me advice on what to look for.
Thanks if you can help
Pat
Re: Exercise bike
01 Mar 2013, 16:55
I've had a few exercise bikes in my time and it seems you do get what you pay for. I've never been able to afford a very expensive one, but the cheaper they are the less comfy & more rickety they feel! I would say you'll probably need to spend £100+ (if buying new) to get something reasonable. One I paid £100 for back in the 90's ended up losing or gaining tension randomly while cycling which made it really awkward. I guess these days they're all electronic or magnetic for tension though!
01 Mar 2013, 17:49
I got a cheap one from Amazon, it was the Ultrafit F bike. It was about £70 I think. It had good reviews. I reckoned that if it lasted as long as most of my flirtations with gym membership I would be quids in! It was easy to put together and is fairly sturdy. The resistance does not go very high so if you are already fit it is probably not challenging enough. I use it to do Dr M's HIIT protocol so I don't need high resistance.

(If you do buy from Amazon, remember to go there via Moogie's link so the forum earns a bit of money)
01 Mar 2013, 18:29
go down the tip - they usually have a good selection being thrown out practically unused.
01 Mar 2013, 19:11
Well, I'm not sure I'm ready to scavenge at the tip. I did see one in a charity shop, but it was very rickety. Thanks for the other replies, will definitely use the Amazon link.
Pat
01 Mar 2013, 20:58
I got mine from fleabay, less than half the shop price and looks like its never been used.
03 Mar 2013, 20:44
Hi there. We've just bought a 'Confidence' bike / cross trainer from Amazon for approx £70. We're really pleased with it, its very sturdy with all usual gadgets. I prefer to use it as a cross trainer. Well worth the money (so far!!).
7 posts Page 1 of 1