The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

21 posts Page 1 of 2
Insanity Workout
25 May 2013, 15:29
Hey

I've been told I'm getting the DVD's etc for my birthday :-)

Has anyone here done it and do you have any tips etc??

I am currently doing 30 Day Shred do they compare?

I can't wait to get started but will finish 30DS first just curious as it sounds even harder!!

Thanks

Kris
Re: Insanity Workout
29 May 2013, 12:20
Hi! I've done some of it - tend to dip in and out as opposed to following the schedule they set out for you. It is very very tough, you feel fantastic afterwards and really helped me to up my fitness as well as running! Much more intensive than the 30DS, a bit longer as well but you definitely feel tired after doing it!

Tips - just keep going, you wont be able to do the whole of each workout and you will need to stop for a breather but it increases your fitness really quickly. Good luck :)
29 May 2013, 12:36
Never heard of Insanity Workout - is it Jillian Michaels?
29 May 2013, 12:51
My SO and I will start when we get back from vacation. It's WAAY harder than 30DS, from the 20 mins or so I've done! Been told that you shouldn't try to match Shaun T (or even his trainers), but keep pushing and take breaks where necessary. Enjoy and report in! :)
29 May 2013, 18:45
there's loads of 'before, during and after' video's made my people who have followed the insanity programme on youtube...
29 May 2013, 19:19
I've got it but I'm too scared to start it! I'm not very good at sticking to a routine as life comes and upsets it and there's no way I could make it through 60 days without having at least 3 hangovers!
29 May 2013, 21:44
nikkijayne wrote: I've got it but I'm too scared to start it! I'm not very good at sticking to a routine as life comes and upsets it and there's no way I could make it through 60 days without having at least 3 hangovers!

you can always extend it out, though the benefits won't be the same as 60 days. i think there's a calendar where you tick off days. so maybe set a new timeframe (90 days?) and skips days as necessary. good luck!
29 May 2013, 22:06
Oh my god I tried this workout, it nearly killed me!! Really tough going, to be honest I am very unfit so I guess it just wasn't for me! But it would definitely give great results if you kept up with it, I was exhausted just watching the workouts haha, currently on day 7 of level 1 on 30DS, love it but it is definitely much much easier than the insanity workout!!

Good luck and let us know how you get on!! X
29 May 2013, 22:08
My sister just mentioned this to me this evening, she's lost weight and really toned up from doing this, I was thinking I need to take a look for when I finish the 30 day shred...
30 May 2013, 05:24
http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/topic19 ... anity.aspx
a thread from another forum about the journey through insanity
it's scary!
18 Jun 2013, 13:10
Hi,

I have just finished the Insanity work out, it is really hard, not lost much weight but i have lost inches and my body is more toned, going to do round 2 in about a month or 2 in the mean time just thought i would do some running and weights. Shaun T is very good at pushing you to do more, this work out is well worth the money. Godd luck.
24 Jul 2013, 11:03
Hi all - I have finished the 30 Day Shred and am about to finish Ripped in 30. I'd love to do Jillian Michaels' Extreme Shed and Shred but I need a program I can either stream or download. I don't have any objection in principle to paying for workout videos (the trainers have to make a living too) but the room where our one DVD player is is rather small and has a big coffee table that takes up a lot of room, so I can't workout there. I need something I can watch from my iPad in another room. And Extreme Shed and Shred isn't available on UK iTunes or Youtube. Is the Insanity Workout?
24 Jul 2013, 17:50
Hi mummybunny2005, I've not tried Insanity but I can recommend fitnessblender.com, a husband and wife team with hundreds of free on-line workouts. The workouts are graded so you'd probably like the grade 5 ones since you've been doing 30 day shred etc. I'm doing one of their 8 week programmes and it's available in the UK.
24 Jul 2013, 18:17
My husband said he's going to do it with a work colleague. I am intrigued by it, but also a little scared.
24 Jul 2013, 18:26
Just seen the nutrition stuff that goes with it. A lot of protein powder and egg whites. Yikes!
21 posts Page 1 of 2