The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

22 posts Page 2 of 2
Oh I didn't realise Trudi Styler did one. I knew she did tantric stuff with Sting but I'm guessing that's not in DVD :shock:

Thanks for the link @Rawkaren Karen. Now he looks scary! I'll have a go one day. Yes, we do show our age with our selections don't we!! :grin: Do you use any now?

Bean :starving:
Yes. p90x and David Kirsch. Here is the link for Trudie. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trudie-Stylers- ... B005PN49EU
I did P90X a few years ago to get me in shape for Ben Nevis! Still do some of the exercises, but not the entire discs especially not plyo.

Will look up some of the YouTube videos; thanks for the suggestions.
Did you climb Ben Nevis then @barbarita?

Thanks for that link Karen...will explore her range of DVDs...although I really must try and get through my big pile first. I'm especially keen to try Karen Voight again. They usually do the trick, although I don' suppose I'll ever end up like her (but she's TOO muscly in my humble opinion :wink: )

Bean :smile:
nursebean wrote: Did you climb Ben Nevis then @barbarita?

Thanks for that link Karen...will explore her range of DVDs...although I really must try and get through my big pile first. I'm especially keen to try Karen Voight again. They usually do the trick, although I don' suppose I'll ever end up like her (but she's TOO muscly in my humble opinion :wink: )

Bean :smile:

Yes thanks, it was the height of my fellwalking career!
All this talk of old exercise videos makes me remember the Suzanne Dando 'Shape up and dance' album which I had in the 80s! Whenever I hear Karma Chameleon it makes me want to start exercising along, somewhere deep in my subconscious...

Just bought the new Davina DVD which has 4,15 minute routines - it's ok and flexible as I can do 2 routines a day but the music is so dull - I want something with a tune to give me incentive (now that makes me sound old). Have only just started dipping my toe into this regimented exercise lark after a break of too many years, thanks to the 5:2 which has reenergised me.

This topic has been very informative and will check out some of the recommendations you've all been making, thanks!
Answering the challenge to old-timers here to bump up some old (but good) threads for (re)discussion.

My exercise video career started in the early 1990's with Jane Fonda's Low Impact Aerobics and her Workout with Weights--I was in my early fifties at the time. Then I added in the Weight Watchers Low Impact Aerobics. These are all good for beginners as well for intermediate exercisers--Unfortunately, they now are available on videotape only--never made it to DVD.

Now in my seventies, I participate in 2 Strength Training Classes and one Zumba Gold class a week, plus Leslie Sansone's DVD of 5 one mile walks called 5-day slim down. I do one 14-min walk and and the one 12-min walk for 2 miles in 26 minutes, aiming for 2 times a week. I still occasionally do the other above-mentioned videos for variety.

Twenty years of this stuff has been really good for my health!! I always hated sports, but late in life discovered that I love exercise.

BTW, once I learn a video routine, I mute the sound and listen to the radio or an audio book while following the movements--helps with the boredom and annoyance factors.
22 posts Page 2 of 2