The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

64 posts Page 4 of 5
Hi everyone.
I keep forgetting that I've found this forum and to join you all on my fasting days! I've been Ok this morning but just hitting a difficult time at the moment, especially since a colleague in my office is currently eating something that smells really nice so my stomach is about to go a bit mad!
Still have my motivation though - but then this is only my second fast day!

Hoping I don't go overboard tomorrow like I did a bit on Tuesday.
Lu Lu This is my second fast day too and I found I didn't really want to eat Tuesday after the first one on Monday.

I've been out and about today and nipped into Tesco. It doesn't seem to affect me going food shopping so far ( I went Monday too). I am better if I am out of the house. Did the 20 minute cardio workout again today though feel tired now.
Funny coming here and reading the weather reports from around the globe. The Australian heat sounds brutal. It's normal chilly winter here on the east coast of the USA. I'm doing my second fast day of the week today and for whatever reason this week has been hard. Does anyone else struggle with cold hands and feet on fast days in the winter?
:heart: Stick with it @Lu Lu You're doing great :heart:
Any chance to have an oxo I know some can't stand them but I've got used to the beef one on each of my fastday afternoons ( some have the chicken ) or Bovril or Marmite
it does kind of feel like a soup and very comforting :heart:
HI everyone - late to the board but I'm joining the Thursday fast. Not finding the fasts so hard but the real challenge is not going overboard on the other days. Hoping that urge settles down soon. Getting ready to do my exercise now.
I've been reading what people have to get them through the afternoons, bovril, miso soup etc and have to say the idea of an oxo cube in water makes me feel rather ill (sorry) I'd rather push through. I feel so much better now so it's only really a hard hour, which I can deal with, especially if I keep myself busy at work.
I found this veggie soup at my local supermarket in Germany today - Its the one at the bottom of the page called "Weißkohl-Kartoffeltopf" - http://www.erasco.de/produkte/eintoepfe ... garten.php - contains 264kcal in 800g - seems like it could be a good option. Its just the Campbells Soup German branch.
I used to have oxo drink as a young child, so I got some today but then didn't fancy one earlier going to wait for dinner now.
I am really late posting up for me but well into my second fast day today.
It is so cold today and last night i discovered I had six CHILBLAINS on my toes!
I always have cool hands and feet but worse now I am thinner and definitely feel it more on fast days!!
Had a veggie cuppa soup at lunchtime as flagging. Had the worst nights sleep after some rich sticky toffee pudding last night - I never learn that I can't eat some things!! I am putting blankets in the office before bed tonight and if its another bad night I am off to the Insomniacs tent!!

Sorry - long post - counting down to home, dinner, bed!! xxx
Six chilblains - ouch! Hope you manage to sleep.
I am staaaaaaaaarving. Just had some raw carrots to help until dinner time.
I'm in again! started 5/2 this week, and am trying monday and thursday. seem to be a good space in between and good days to do it. monday was hell! I ate some more cals at night because I was really hungry. today is going much better, I realise it's more on my head than in my stomach, so im focusing on work and not thinking about not eating. spent the whole morning only with a coffee, which was a victory for me, and managed to have a huge salad with chicken by only 200cals. im saving cals for the dinner because i know i'll be hella hungry.

hoping your day is going fast! :)
I'm in today! Bean soup for lunch and plenty of coffee! Good luck to all
Any fasters in the US today? I'm on the West coast, Washington State. Don't want to fast but really need to. Looking for motivation to complete. It's only 10 AM. We have strangely beautiful weather. Usually it's pouring rain - nice enough to bike ride. Will try to bike ride later, around 1:00.
I'm fasting today 2nd day this week although normally Monday and Wednesday. Been very hard as under a lot of pressure atm and trying to deal with a lot of stress. Just got a Bovril to tide me over till prawn stir fry!
Went well over my TDEE yesterday too!
Well so far so good - had one slice of wholemeal nimble with a poached egg brekkie time, around 1 ish I had a cup of Ainslee Harriot Cuppa a soup - spicy szhausen (spl) veg only 67 cals and really tasty... just now had about 8 king prawns with a big salad and three small new potatoes. that's me done now for the day besides glasses of water by the way I used to love oxo drinks when i was younger - we always got some after swimming classes. happy memories - might just try one later if I get the urge LOL Hope what I have had sounds OK as this is only my second fast day
64 posts Page 4 of 5