The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

748 posts Page 49 of 50
Previous 1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 Next
I am not much taller than you at 5'4". I'm not sure it makes it easier to gain or harder to lose weight at this height, it just means that to be healthy and look and feel slim, our weight needs to be lower! It is also naturally easier for men, but again not necessarily related to height.

However, I think you are at an excellent weight for your height now. If I were you I would just try to maintain at this point, since the less you weigh the harder it gets. But of course, we all have to be comfortable wherever we are. You don't show your tracker, so I'm not sure how far you've come! I keep adjusting my goal weight a little higher, since there have been so many studies on how hard it is for people who have lost a significant amount of weight to keep it off, since their metabolism keeps changing. I want to get somewhere where I'm comfortable and then just hope to maintain that, even if it means I'm still slightly "overweight" according to the charts!
Hi @Margotsylvia

I totally echo what cblasz says. Unless a doctor tells you otherwise, it does seem as if your weight is fine for your height. Many would be envious of your BMI. Is your general wellbeing okay? Are you healthy? Do try not to get stressed about wanting to be a few pounds lighter. I have been there too, and some very wise people in the forum have suggested that perhaps I am obsessing... So I am concentrating on eating as nutritiously as I can, with a wide range of foods (including grains and starchy veg) according to my hunger (well, most of the time!) and being as active as I enjoyably can.

Good luck for finding the right balance for you! :clover:
This is very strange again. It was Saturday and I had dessert yesterday: my left over low carb chocolate cake with some soy ice cream. And I lost weight. Not only that, but I broke the 56 kg barrier. Am now 55.9 kg, BMI 21.84.
Those of you, who think I ought to stop, I'll just tell you that as soon as I start eating more I will go up a kilo. That is why I need to go down a bit more, to have some wiggle room :grin: .
Well, even if you gained a kilo, you'd be fine! But like I said, we all have to find where we are comfortable, as long as that doesn't start to be unhealthy!
This morning I was exactly 56 kg after the week end. Today is a less eating day for me, so we'll see what happens tomorrow.
This coming week end I'll have an other break from my fasting routine. Going to stay with some friends. I am looking forward to that! I have already decided that I will not fast beyond October, be my weight what it may. Because my pre Christmas fast begins already in Advent.. We have lovely sunny weather here. And my Sweet Peas are in full bloom . in October. So Christmas seems a very distant thing at the moment. :smile:
Just wondering if anyone doing eating windows has gotten headaches? I know some people get them when doing a full day fast, but not sure about the windows. I'm also reducing my carbs and sugar some, but I don't know if it's enough to cause headaches. I've also been trying to increase my water consumption, but I guess it still could not be enough.

Any thoughts are welcome!
Yes headache can happen when you lower your carb and sugar intake. It might be because you lose salt in your urine as insulin causes salt retention so when you're insulin falls you lose salt until your body adjusts. Try a salty drink. Really it's like fasting :-)
This is 'tomorrow' from when I wrote last. Yest I lost weight. All of 100grams!!! My BMI is now exactly 21.8. This is ever so slow progress.. But onward and downwards, i suppose. :clover:
@Carorees - Thank you so much for that information. I had no idea. I also don't feel like I'm doing "low carb" since I'm still eating close to 100g a day, but I guess it's enough to affect my body and I guess that's a good sign! I had a glass of salt water this morning (blech!) and we'll see how that goes. If it works, I'll have to pick up some bouillon I guess! I guess I should maybe read a little more about doing low carb. Early on I realized that I have to make sure I'm getting enough fiber. Now I have to get enough salt!
@cblaszAt Ways of Eating we're offering support for people to start low carb eating on our program produced in conjunction with Fixing Dad (http://www.fixingdad.com). I think the BBC documentary of the same name is available internationally (link on the website) and the program can be accessed by following the link to "Fix yourself or a loved one" on the website. You can go DIY for free or add coaching from one of our experts (or me) at two levels.

HTH
I'm actually thinking my headaches might be a vision problem. I made an appt. with the eye doctor today to check it out. I have terrible eyesight already, but I think it's gotten worse! We'll see!
This is before 9 am on Thursday. I weighed 55.5 kg BMI 21.68.
I will not be writing for some time , because today we will go away already. The full eating will not happen until Saturday and Sunday, though. I am so glad that Sassy has got her electricity back!!!
Happy days to all, fasting and otherwise! :grin: :clover: :clover: :heart:
Well the scale was up a little yesterday, my official WI day, but back down a bit today. I need to be a little more diligent about my eating windows and make sure I'm sticking to the times. I don't eat extra food, but I just don't always get it in between 12 and 8. And of course I should be shooting for between 12 and 7, but sometimes it's tough if I work late. I did bring dinner to work one day last week when I knew I was going to be late. But, anyway, I am going to try to focus on that for next week and make sure I'm keeping my carbs in check.

I bought a new book "Low-Carb eating for Dummies." I really like it, because it is sort of the way I've been doing low carb, still eating fruits, not eating full fat dairy, and some healthy carbs - like whole grains. I've just started reading it, but I think it will help me with my new WOE!
Well, there was no 'fasting today' window yet, so I'll write here. My weight is now 56.2 kg and I have decided to stop this fasting on the 28th this month. I had a week end away and ate 'normally'. Yum, yum. The people we stayed with were aware of my low carb dieting, and thus I did not put on more than a half a kilo :grin: .Weight loss is rather slow again, so it'll be interesting where I'll end up by the time I stop :razz:
Today is Saturday, October 20, and I weighed 55.6 this morning. It is the week end and I'll be making dessert etc, etc. Only a few days left of this fasting lark. :grin:
Previous 1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 Next
748 posts Page 49 of 50