The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

45 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: Fasting Thursday 14th Feb
14 Feb 2013, 11:17
I'm fasting today too, and this time I'm going to try not having breakfast. I want to see how far into the day I can get without being hungry.
14 Feb 2013, 11:43
Week 4 and 8th fast for me. Feeling a bit delicate as I foolishly overdid it with the vodka cocktails last night :| I usually crave carbs after a night out so today may be more difficult than usual. I've only myself to blame! Saving all my calories for this evening.
Husband wise enough not to give me a box of chocolates this morning !
Happy Fasting.
14 Feb 2013, 11:47
boaz, love your avatar, looks like a choccy lab? We have one as well (and a black one).
14 Feb 2013, 12:02
My 4th week 10th fast according to diary... Don't know how I've managed that!
My last 2 fasts were really hard and didn't go we'll... Put a pound on this week!
Today going well so far just herbal tea, think I'll go back to eating all cals in evening, it's easier for me as once I start to eat I can't stop.
Good luck everyone.
14 Feb 2013, 12:46
Fourth fast, second week.....just had my lo cal soup for lunch....saving rest of cals for evening meal with kids...roast chicken, lots of veg...and a teaspoon of mash.....feeling ok so far, but it is a long time til bedtime....x
14 Feb 2013, 13:05
2nd fast day this week for me.
Been to Zumba and for coffee with a friend.
Should really wash my floors. My lunch will be some ice cold fizzy water.
Looking forward to my 500 calories tonight.
Good luck everyone fasting today.
14 Feb 2013, 13:31
Third week, sixth fast - all day! We haven't, as yet, found going without food during the day a problem, but do find that we have to keep busy! I save my 500 calories for an evening meal of about 350 calories at 7pm, then have a dessert later in the evening using the remainder. My husband has a slightly larger main meal and the same dessert. We are night owls so we find saving our dessert until later keeps us going until a post-midnight bedtime.

The night before a fast day we try not to eat once dinner is over because we are aiming to maximise the length of our fast so it's usually about twenty three and a half hours. I don't know how people do 36 hours!

Good luck to all fasting today!
14 Feb 2013, 13:47
Well, into my first fast day, up at 6.30 and managed to get to 12.45 before eating anything, with last meal yesterday being at 6.30 pm. Planning to eat at around 6pm today and saved apple and green salad to have around 9pm. So far no ravenous hunger but I do keep thinking of food!
14 Feb 2013, 14:59
My second week, third fast. First two last week didn't go so well, ended up eating about 700 and 1000 cals respectively. Just sitting down to a bowl of tomato soup, only 118 cals per half tin. Feeling good so far, just a bit hungry.
14 Feb 2013, 15:11
My 4th fast day is turning out to be really tough. Has anyone found it harder as Fasts go on? I'm hoping this is just a blip and the next one will be OK again
14 Feb 2013, 15:49
SianS - I don't know if they get harder. I am also on the 4th fast day but am finding it ok. Try to keep yourself busy if you can. I have read from others that it gets easier as you get used to it. :)

I managed to wait until 1pm before eating my apple and having a 40 cal hot chocolate. I was up at 5.30am as normal so fairly pleased with that. I can feel the effects of not eating but am not hungry at present. Looking forward to my meal tonight.
14 Feb 2013, 16:07
I've never had time to eat till now today so have fasted since 6 pm last night apart from a few drinks. I did mean to have home made veg soup at lunch time but have been busy outside with all the horses having their teeth done today. Horse dentist only finished now so I've really enjoyed that veg soup! Not long to go till evening meal time either. The busier you are the better for sure.
Hope it's going well for everyone else.
14 Feb 2013, 16:13
I'm fasting today - but the headache has landed, 2nd Thursday in a row. So annoying! I suspect it's because on the last two Wednesday evenings I had rather a lot of wine and though I didn't wake up with a hangover I am already dehydrated before I start!

Twicky? About coffee with a dash of skimmed milk - no more than 10 calories, I'd say!
14 Feb 2013, 16:17
My morning has been busy, Cross Trainer session then Housework, but when I got to 12.30 I completely ran out of steam. I've had some homemade soup and some fruit,(125 calories) but still don;t have the energy levels I had on previous Fast days.
Ah well only 2 hours till a HUGE salad with Tuna and Prawns
14 Feb 2013, 16:20
Gillb wrote: boaz, love your avatar, looks like a choccy lab? We have one as well (and a black one).

Hi Gillb, yes he's my choccy Alf

sorry mods off topic..
45 posts Page 2 of 3