The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

45 posts Page 1 of 3
Fasting Thursday 14th Feb
14 Feb 2013, 06:52
Good luck to all fasting today!
Re: Fasting Thursday 14th Feb
14 Feb 2013, 07:06
4th Day today.

2nd Week.

I am going to eat more on Friday than I did on Tuesday, as yesterday I was starving and had low energy levels.

I think to do this right you got to do it right.
14 Feb 2013, 07:13
Another Thursday, another fast day! I'm going to try to keep practically all calories until evening, and keep dinner low carb to make it easier to get through the later evening, which is always my hardest time. So lots of black coffee, mixed green/black tea and some herbal (peppermint and Choco) to get me through.

The problem I had with my last fast was the following day when I had a carb crash! So assuming today goes okay I will try to ease myself back into carbs gently on Friday morning.

Good luck to all other Thursday fasters, do it your way and enjoy!
14 Feb 2013, 07:24
This is my second day of fasting,,hope everyone has a good day.
14 Feb 2013, 07:39
Hi
This is my second week and 4th Fast day, on Tuesday I managed to skip my breakfast mini meal, and go straight to my lunch mini meal of Tomato and Veggie soup so will try that again. My mouth is already watering at the thought of Prawns and Tuna salad for dinner.

Good Luck to everyone :D
14 Feb 2013, 08:40
Also second week and 4th fasting day. All other fast days have not felt any hunger early on and only a few pangs later in the day. Today, however, I am feeling it. Wondering if the start of that time of the month has influenced this as I am always hungry the first couple of days during the cycle.

Going to change from three small meals to two meals, so will have an apple and either a cup of low cal soup or low cal hot chocolate at lunch, saving most of my calories for evening meal. However, my stomach is actually rumbling now and it is only 8:15! I will give it my best shot. hunger pangs usually pass so I will make sure I stay busy.
14 Feb 2013, 08:45
Yes, I'm also fasting today. Just tucking into a breakfast of smoked haddock and a poached egg. Stir fry chicken for supper tonight. Have a good day everyone!
14 Feb 2013, 08:47
Ok..I have had a bit of an unusual week flitting around with which day I should fast. It was going to be tomorrow, but the thought of fasting on a Friday has put me off to the extent that today is now my fasting day (even if it is Valentines Day - not that I'm the most romantic of types....)

As usual around 500 calories for the main meal tonight, which leaves me with a buffer of 100 calroies for drinks and other ad hoc liquids to get me through the day.

As a matter of interrest does anyone know how many calories coffee with skimmed milk is? I can't abide back coffee so I do indulge in a number of coffees with skimmed milk but really unsure as to the number.. It's really only a splash of skimmed milk to take away the bitterness of black coffee.. Surely it can't be that much?
14 Feb 2013, 08:48
Good luck everyone, fasting here today, I feel like I've eaten more the last two days, but working it out on my fitness pal I've been well under my allowance...so hopefully my stomach's shrinking :)
14 Feb 2013, 09:42
I'm also fasting today, and like many others, it's my 2nd week and 4th fasting day. I think I'll be on the site a lot today for support as I'm feeling stessed so fasting is going to be a struggle today! Looking forward to my ready meal this evening though, a 400 cal Thai green curry and rice...Mmmmmm :-)

Good luck fellow fasters x
14 Feb 2013, 10:05
Yes fasting today, 4th week and 8th fast so doing ok. I do Thursdays as it is a busy day and I havent really got time to dwell.

My other half is on a night shift this week as well, so no worries re Valentines tonight.

Have a great day everyone.

Angela x
14 Feb 2013, 10:10
Hello fellow Valentine fasters, I'm in it too, week 5 fast 10. At least it is a gorgeous day out there which spurs you on. I'm making plain veg soup for a late lunch, then we will have omelette from home laid eggs, and salad tonight. Usually easy peasy but I'm hungry all ready. Busy day ahead though and we have the horse dentist coming at lunch time with 6 horses to treat which will keep me out of mischief.
14 Feb 2013, 10:18
Hi - just joining the 4th day fasters on second week. Monday I managed to last until evening and I shall try that again today. I found a cup of marmite helped at lunch time. Don't know what I will have for supper but I'm looking forward to it what ever it is. Aren't men lucky, an extra 100 calories. I was always envious of them at slimming club, they lost weight so much quicker than us women. ;)
14 Feb 2013, 10:55
Hello fellow fasters, my second fast of the regime, I didn't pick my start week well, first fast pancake day, second fast valentines day. Bad planning methinks... :roll:
14 Feb 2013, 11:13
4th fast, 2nd week, and I feel really unwell regardless of food! I've had some fruit and nut porridge and have a low cal ready meal for later but think I'm off to bed really, tired and run down :-(
45 posts Page 1 of 3