The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

45 posts Page 3 of 3
Re: Fasting Thursday 14th Feb
14 Feb 2013, 16:20
I'm fasting today, second week fifth fast (two and a half weeks really). So far so good. Boiled egg for breakfast, veg soup for lunch and a ready meal for tea. Then bring on the weekend :P !

Roxy wrote: My second week, third fast. First two last week didn't go so well, ended up eating about 700 and 1000 cals respectively. Just sitting down to a bowl of tomato soup, only 118 cals per half tin. Feeling good so far, just a bit hungry.

Roxy, try Weight Watchers tomato soup. It's still Heinz but only has 76 calories for a whole 295g can. Tastes exactly the same as the normal stuff.
14 Feb 2013, 16:58
Another Fast-day almost done! This is my eighth and looking forward to prawns and avocado salad later (and weekly weigh-in tomorrow). The weather was nice, so took a few hours off work this pm, went for a walk with OH over the common/national trust land that's near by. Had a nice cup of hot bovril afterwards.

How's everyone coping?
14 Feb 2013, 17:11
Coping well thank you.
I don't find the fast days a problem. For me I stress more over the non fast days, and feel a bit guilty about a lot of the things I eat although I know I shouldn't.
I'm hoping that will all settle down with time.
I've only had one weigh in,so don't feel very confident yet.
I do feel a huge difference ( no pun intended) in my clothes already. My upper belly fat has reduced considerably already.......hoping the lower abdominal fat starts going soon.
I put a shirt on the other day which fitted, but it was a lot more roomy, so something must be happening.
Really looking forward to dinner now. Will probably eat around 5.30/6. Your salad sounds lush. I love avocado. Enjoy.
14 Feb 2013, 17:21
Yes Boaz, I thought your avatar great as well. Not eaten today and supper about an hour away. Spent the day quietly by starting on an iTunes U course on Modern Art. Got lost in Monet and Manet. Took a walk in the park with my Jack Russell this morning in welcome sunshine. No headache like Monday - yet but am drinking well.
14 Feb 2013, 17:42
My 4th fast, second week...going well so far. I have tried saving all cals for dinner, having half in the morning half at night and today I am going for 3 small meals. Perhaps not the best for health but so far the easiest.
I had a weights training today and it was fine.
14 Feb 2013, 17:55
First headache today....think it is because I didn't start my day off with a pint of water, which is what I have done up until today, just didn't have time. Have taken some painkillers with water as feel sick with it.....dinner eaten, so now just looking forward to bedtime.....x
14 Feb 2013, 18:29
Best fast day ever for me. Hardly even noticed. Just waiting for hubby and son and girlfriend for our meal and still not desperate. This is week 6 for me. Have found it much easier to save calories for evening meal rather than splitting through day. So, quorn bolognese all round. Wonder if I will have enough cals for garlic bread? :?:
Good luck to everyone else fasting today. Xxx
14 Feb 2013, 18:48
Ive also found todays fast to be refreshingly easy. Not really felt hungry all day and even managed to do a bit of a shop at the supermarket without problem. Found last week to be really tough by comparison, so would even go so far as to say ive enjoyed today!

Just waiting for the hairy dieters spanish chicken to finish cooking in the oven, another 20 minutes but honestly still not actually hungry?! And have just got enough calories left over for some rapberries, tablespoon of half fat creme fraiche and two little sainsburys taste the difference meringue shells. What luxury!
14 Feb 2013, 19:02
Fasting today as well. Not really been over hungry, but have almost forgotten I'm supposed to be fasting at least twice! And one of those I ended up at the vending machine, purse in hand!! :o
14 Feb 2013, 21:17
given up today, feeling so down and unwell, decided to try again another day. Not tomorrow or sat, but certainly will try again Monday. Think because I havent seen any weight loss I am feeling a bit despondent about it
14 Feb 2013, 21:23
That's a shame Susie, but no disaster. No need to beat yourself up if you really weren't feeling it today.

As you say, there's always next week! :)
14 Feb 2013, 21:45
Oh dear Susie, I'm sorry to hear you are feeling unwell...how it's not to do with the cat scratch (am I remembering this right?) again!

You've not been fasting for long right? I've noticed that many people experience a lack of weight loss either immediately or after a couple of weeks. I'm pretty sure that in most cases it is to do with water retention. After another couple of fasts the weight loss starts again.

Wait until you feel well again and then have another go.

Hope you feel better soon.
14 Feb 2013, 22:35
I hope you soon feel happier Susie, perhaps the better weather will help. Stick with it, and with us, and you will get there.
14 Feb 2013, 22:48
This is my first fast day and I measured out 100ml of skimmed milk which is 35kcal and 3.4protein. Like u I don't like black tea or coffee however today I have alternated black/milk and it's not as bad as I thought.
Hope that helps :)

FL
twicky wrote: Ok..I have had a bit of an unusual week flitting around with which day I should fast. It was going to be tomorrow, but the thought of fasting on a Friday has put me off to the extent that today is now my fasting day (even if it is Valentines Day - not that I'm the most romantic of types....)

As usual around 500 calories for the main meal tonight, which leaves me with a buffer of 100 calroies for drinks and other ad hoc liquids to get me through the day.

As a matter of interrest does anyone know how many calories coffee with skimmed milk is? I can't abide back coffee so I do indulge in a number of coffees with skimmed milk but really unsure as to the number.. It's really only a splash of skimmed milk to take away the bitterness of black coffee.. Surely it can't be that much?
14 Feb 2013, 23:04
Oh susie - poor you! Feeling unwell and despondent about lack of weight loss is enough to make anyone give up a fast day. However, carorees has some very wise words for you above.

I hope your next fast day is a success and that you feel better soon.
45 posts Page 3 of 3