The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

38 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: Fasting Tues 19th March
19 Mar 2013, 10:52
Fasting today too...this is 3rd week and will be my 5th Fast day.

I've still to lose any weight but I am going to check out the other threads to see if there is anything I can be doing. Brekfast was an egg white, spinach and mushroom omelette, will have some tea / coffee throughout day and dinner is grilled aubergine with chilli and tomato sauce and a little crumbled feta.

Tough work day today....wish me luck! :confused:
19 Mar 2013, 11:20
Fast day finished here, yay. Nothing to eat until dinner then a big veggie stir fry with brown rice and an egg. Good luck to all still fasting today.
19 Mar 2013, 11:59
I am fasting today - I always find the thought is worse than the reality! 8 weeks in 9lbs down and really shrinking as never before. Love it.
19 Mar 2013, 13:26
Joining you today from my usual Monday-Wednesday-Friday schedule. I changed from 5:2 to 4:3 two weeks ago and have not noticed any change in the rate of weight loss, I just like the discipline of it. I have some food intollerances and when I fast I get no tummy aches! Getting a little hungry now but a cup of coffee should sort that out. I try to stick to no food on fast days but allow myself some milk in my coffee which accounts for around 200 cals each day. Good luck everyone
19 Mar 2013, 13:57
200 cals - that's a lot of milk!

I'm feeling very sleepy today for soem reason, usually I'm pretty alert on fast days. Coffee time.
19 Mar 2013, 14:30
Hello fellow fasters! 9th week in and second fast of the week. It's bitterly cold up here in Edinburgh and has been sleeting all day. I normally have lunch and dinner on fast days but I'm saving my calories for one big comfort meal tonight: homemade chicken, leek, ham hock and butter bean casserole with a small helping of colcannon. Can't wait! Good luck to the rest of you. :-)
19 Mar 2013, 14:34
starmaker wrote: Hello fellow fasters! homemade chicken, leek, ham hock and butter bean casserole with a small helping of colcannon. Can't wait! Good luck to the rest of you. :-)

starmaker that sounds lush - do you have a recipe / cal count?

jeniben
19 Mar 2013, 14:41
Good luck all. Fasting today and very relieved to be doing so after Friday, Saturday, Sunday AND Monday of too much indulgence! Broke the pattern of one meal a day I've been following and had big leafy salad at lunch to avoid suspicion (usually just go for a walk at lunchtimes on fast days but today is very cold and miserable so ate with the coworkers, fasting secretly for the most part). Will have grapes and some hummus and carrot sticks for supper. not too hungry yet :)
19 Mar 2013, 15:53
jeniben wrote:
starmaker wrote: Hello fellow fasters! homemade chicken, leek, ham hock and butter bean casserole with a small helping of colcannon. Can't wait! Good luck to the rest of you. :-)

starmaker that sounds lush - do you have a recipe / cal count?

jeniben

Thanks Jeniben :-) The recipe's on my blog, with a few others. Calorie count is 343 I think... Have a look here: http://fastdays.wordpress.com/recipes/

Enjoy! :-)
19 Mar 2013, 16:02
Also fasting today and it is my second week. Lost a pound at weigh-in this morning so I'm happy with that! I won't be going mad on non-fast days though. Had a poached egg on crumpet for breakfast and have just had a miso soup as I'm starting to feel cold and in need of sustenance. It will probably be fish with a pile of vege for dinner. I'm away for a week next week so hope I can keep it going (might just do 1 fast day for convenience though).
19 Mar 2013, 16:22
Today is my first fast day. Last ate at 8 p.m. last night. Plan not to break fast until tomorrow breakfast. So far I am feeling great. A little hungry but not terrible. I had 30 calories creamer in my coffee before work and 50 calorie cheese stick for lunch. I have kids and non-fasting hubby, so saving most of my calories for family meal tonight. I took my stats this morning but couldn't figure out how to record out on the site. Think I'm too new to access that feature yet. Here's hoping for a healthier me!
19 Mar 2013, 16:48
I'm fasting too today,

Not really prepared anything due to returning from holiday yesterday evening. My choices so far today have not been great! A Special K bar and a chocolate biscuit :S. I have an appointment now so hopefully that will keep my mind off food for a couple of hours and also send me past some shops where I can buy something healthy and low calorie for dinner :)

Good luck to the rest of you!
19 Mar 2013, 16:56
Hi all fasting today and I feel like I havent done it in ages yet it was only last Thursday! Really feeling I wanna get a bag of crisps but really trying hard not to go down to the canteen, this is defiantly my hardest fast so far! :(
19 Mar 2013, 18:31
Should have been fasting today but things went pear shaped, bit like me. Yesterday my IBS kicked in and I had a very painful day. As I went to bed I already felt hungry which is unusual for me. This morning I started to fast but after a drink I started severe indigestion with waves of pain. (Are you sending sympathy yet?)
Feel a bit better this evening and I think I will forget fasting until Friday, give my poor old body a chance to get well. I hope all you Tuesday fasters have done well today.
19 Mar 2013, 19:18
fasting today - feeling fine & weight is coming off slowly but surely - plus i can still have a life - family meal for 17 coming up on sunday!
38 posts Page 2 of 3