The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

62 posts Page 3 of 5
Slow and unsteady progress (but progress nevertheless) into sixth week.

Am pleasantly surprised how much more appealing and substantial a single pear looks, when tinly sliced onto a nice plate, than just lopped into two! That was lunch. Not too long until tea, so feel like on to the home straight.

Well done everyone fasting today, keep it up!
I'm joining the Friday fasters today. I normally fast on Thursday's but my husband and I had an outing yesterday and he suggested we go out for dinner. Can't pass that up! That's why the flexibility of this diet is wonderful! And it felt so good getting filled up on that cheeseburger and onions rings so fast! I could only eat half of what was on my plate! That hasn't happened in awhile! My hubby got up and fixed my cup of coffee this morning, my non fast coffee with cream and sugar! Oh well, he forgot that I was fasting today. It's just a few calories to add to my 'allowed' for the day.
Tea has been bought, home to cook it soon, so very hungry! Haha
Its my 2nd fast of my 1st week and it has been going ok. Tried the no breakfast routine today and had cottage cheese and a banana for lunch with an 'emergency apple' at 11 am. Have been working today and been really busy so it has helped. Although the hazards of working in a primary school reared their heads when someone made me an easter bun this afternoon, with 4 mini eggs on it. I sat and stared at it for a while then ate it! wow there was a sugar hit!!. Back on track for the rest of the day though, I have a M&S veggie bake for tea with peas tonight. I have drunk plenty of fluids too.

I signed up for SW a few weeks ago for a 12 week period (wish I had waited) so I will just carry in weighing in for the remaining time but follow the 5:2 as I want it to be my new way of life.

Love reading all the other posts on here, really inspirational.

:grin: :grin: :grin:
Ended up fasting today, as a kind of after thought!
I have visitors and thought to just see how I got on over the fortnight. Intended having a quietish day when they were out and about but got called to dive. Well, it would be rude not to! Had the obligatory croissant en route then thought to see how I got on waiting until I got home tonight.
12 hours later the fast had been successful so I've just had a very small dinner-ette. Within the calories for a fast, completely different routine from normal and it worked! You've got to love this way of eating!
Hope everyone else is having a good one
Good evening fellow fasters hope your day is going well. Just in the middle of a head cold but decided to fast today as I felt a bit better.
Tried having a carb meal last night and I'm happy to report this is the easiest fast I've done yet.
Freezing outside lovely and warm indoors :)
Frustration setting in, I'm no way near even an amatuer cook, so trying to do all this with asking parents for help when they arnt 100% sure what I'm doing and I'm finding explaining hard....I mean, how long do you cook Pak Choi in a pan of boiling water?
I'd probably steam it (always stir fried it in the past.) Just treat it like cabbage but not over-boil it?
Thanks bbt053 but I wouldn't know how to cook cabbage either. Veg is my biggest downfall
PinkLady, perhaps you should see this as an excuse to start cooking? What a better way to learn, than by doing something so good for you?
Just get a steamer!!!
PinkLady wrote: Thanks bbt053 but I wouldn't know how to cook cabbage either. Veg is my biggest downfall

Thought your parents might? :cool:
Hey Pinklady,,,,,,,,are you trying to take my crown as the worst cook ever ? :) I live alone and I use frozen mixed veg usually, can't be easier.......good luck.
Bee, feel better soon! I use the frozen mixed veg to make an easy veggie soup. I simply add spices and a tin of tomatoes.
I just had my dinner and a second (half size) coffee and I feel great. Must admit that I am dreaming of lunch tomorrow though. Black spaghetti with salmon.
Can't say for sure but I think that the fact that I was at home and I slept a lot helped me not to think of food or the fact that I'm hungry.
Bee wrote: Hey Pinklady,,,,,,,,are you trying to take my crown as the worst cook ever ? :) I live alone and I use frozen mixed veg usually, can't be easier.......good luck.

I just prefer fresh haha its not too bad, gotta recalculate cals tho as I used less of some....but mine was 366 cals
62 posts Page 3 of 5