The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

62 posts Page 1 of 5
Fasting today Friday 22 March
21 Mar 2013, 20:38
Going for a third fast day this week as I am finding Fast days manageable and my weight loss has slowed right down. Day off work so keeping busy. Pilates this morning then meeting a friend for a walk at Manly beach. This afternoon I have a hairdressers appointment so lots of pampering to distract me. OH who tempts me with wine and chips and dips at the weekends is flying to London tonight so Lemon Haloumi chicken with asparagus and sparkling water with a slice of lime for me this evening. Today is all about me!
Gosh, is it Friday already? I haven't finished with Thursday yet! I will, however, be joining you when tomorrow comes!
Enjoy your Thursday evening. I understand you are having some more snow. Brrrrr
Caught me out too as it is still Thursday here! Also still my fast day! 22nd I can eat what I want!
I am nearing the end of my second fast day of the week and finding it a little hard!!
Tomorrow [friday] is gonna be my first ever fast day!

The morning i'll get through by drinking white/green tea with sweetners, im out lunchtime to see my nan at her nursing home, then into town for a spot of shopping where i'll also buy some 'slim noodles, rice and pasta' from holland and barrett.

Im kinda looking forward to it, but not at the same time? haha like looking forward to seeing how i do, but not at not eating, i know saturday i can eat again, so just ONE day, thats all...

I had my tea at about 18:45 this evening and a little treat, a little kinder chocolate bar for afters, my pre fast mini treat....havent eaten since and im a late night eater...plus didnt help i've hardley eaten today. My lunch in work, went for a pre fast meal in work, chucked some criss cut potatoes and sausages in the fryer, thought its a once a week treat....turns out the sausges were lincolnshire and i HATE linc sausages....so instead my lunch was a handfull of criss cut potatoes things with some garlic dip...home made burgers for tea, but as per instructions, they were smaller then normal and i took less cheese and onions, wish i had asked for bigger burgers now! haha
OK off too sleep now, please wish me luck as i just realised i will be FOOD shopping with my parents before my evening meal!

Altho I may chop up a small handfull of carrots to nibble out and about due to it being my first day i dont think the fasting all day til tea time should be done straight off, but we'll see how i feel!

Goodnight all and good luck!
My husband and I went straight for a single evening meal on our first fast, eight weeks ago now, and it was surprisingly easy! Some people seem to struggle with it on week three, four or five, probably because the novelty has worn off a little by then and/or for some the weight loss has slowed down or (temporarily) stopped.

Good luck. Hope it goes well for you.
Fasting today and unfortunately expecting to feel more tired than usual as have been awake since about 4am, mostly because I have a bit of a cold, hard to sleep with a constant 'about to sneeze' tickle in my nose that I just can't shift. Going to the gym this morning, may be a slower run on the treadmill than I'd like but a slower run is better than no run.
Hubby is not fasting with me today as usual so I hope my dinner of 3 tesco eat-free meatballs with mustardy cauliflower is yummy because it will have to compete with the aroma of his pizza. Will have to have extra strong will power today as there will be chocolate cake in work - I know this because I baked it last night. Its a tradition I have when staff are leaving, to bake a cake for their last day. This is the first time since I started fasting, if I get tempted I will just have to remind myself that I did at least enjoy plenty of the leftover mix last night, both cake batter and topping!!
Morning, checking in for my 6th fast day today, its going to be a long one. Have a good one fellow friday fasters
Im in today too. Im working a lateshift today (2-10pm) so will see how I handle leaving my meal until a break this evening!
Good morning fellow fasters! Snow is falling and the cat is grumbling, just hope my tummy doesn't join in. Good luck and have a good one :0)
Hello fellow fasters, I am struggling a bit today but I will persevere! So far I've had 2 green teas, 1 black coffee and half a litre of water. It's helping. It's 11.10 am here so only 7 hours to go until my veggie frittata and salad dinner. Yummy :) happy fasting everyone x
Freezing here! Sitting with blankets over me, but not yet resorted to wearing a hat indoors! Will make some coffee with cinnamon to warm me up I think. Am looking forward to fasting in the summer when the feeling cold effect might be an advantage!
Today is my second fast. I'm having coffee with a couple of crackers for breaky and porridge with just water and quaker oats for lunch and dinner. That's a bit less than the 441 calories that I'm supposed to eat. I know that I won't get hungry since oats are very filling. I'm super-excited!!!
62 posts Page 1 of 5