The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

19 posts Page 1 of 2
I am :-) I even gave up on a girls' night out of dinner and wine because I knew it would be too much temptation.

Drinking my black coffee and hoping this extremely cold day goes by quickly. I got my copy of Dr. Mosley's book, so I'll be reading that today too.
ME! :P

I've had a cup of tea with a drop of milk and a few glasses of water today but it's so cold here that I think I need to switch to herbal tea.

I've done an hour of fastish walking on the treadmill while watching the tennis but I've got a bit of an iffy ankle ... one of our dogs thinks it's great fun to drop a tennis ball on the front of the treadmill and catch it as it flies off the back and bounces off the wall and I jarred my ankle avoiding the ball :roll:

I've got most of the day to myself so I think I might have a nice bath later with a facepack :mrgreen:

Can't decide what to have for my evening meal but I've just taken some chicken breasts out of the freezer so I'm sure I can rustle something up.

Have a lovely fast day everyone :D
Oh no! I hope your ankle is healed up soon. We're having chicken, which I will pan fry in just a wee bit of spray oil with lots of spices. I'll be roasting some veg in the oven - probably cauliflower and asparagus on a pan with a bit of spray oil and spices. The roasted cauliflower makes a decent substitute for potatoes :-)
Mmmmm...spicey chicken and roast veg sounds good!
Good luck girls! I did yesterday and found I couldn't eat all breakfast this morning! Keep up with the hot drinks!
Me also today - Had a bad day yesterday where I just pigged out! Not too impressed with that. But doing my best to make it good with today's fast
Happy fasting everyone :) keep it up, did mine yesterday, wieghed this morning, 2lb off yippee!
Me too. I had my usual porridge breakfast then nothing except black coffee/tea until about 7pm when I am having veggie soup (home made). I went swimming at lunchtime to distract myself but it's just made me more hungry!
Turns out I couldnt be bothered having a bath ... I can't keep still long enough :lol:

Had a lovely shower instead, we've recently had a new boiler fitted and the water pressure is incredible. It's like being hit by a train when you turn it on!

So all squeaky clean and moisturised ... don't forget if you're aiming to lose weight to moisturise as often as possible ;)

Just having an ayurvedic vitality tea and thinking I need a haircut. Why does grey hair stick out so much and is such a thicker texture? It's like I've got an attention seeking badger stuck on each side of my head :roll:

Well done on your 2lb Lynn, it's things like that stopping me from having a biscuit!
LOL @ the image of badgers on Pixie's head :-)

Having some chicken broth right now. For some reason I find it a lot more satisfying than veggie. It's saltier too -- that might be it ;-)
Pixie wrote: Just having an ayurvedic vitality tea and thinking I need a haircut. Why does grey hair stick out so much and is such a thicker texture? It's like I've got an attention seeking badger stuck on each side of my head :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Fast day for me too. So far I've had two cups of peppermint tea, one coffee, one 200-ish calorie sandwich and loads of water. Looking forward to a big bowl of soup and a few other goodies when I get home!
Pixie and her badgers made me laugh too- and that's what this place is all about- if we manage to keep eachother laughing (which burns off calories as well!!!!) we are all winning!!!

Lovely to meet you all- ursula
Hi all Friday fastens. Today is my first fast day and so far so good. I am at home with the remnants of a cold and I thought I would not be busy enough but I have LOVED feeling that I am getting back into sync with my body, listening to it instead of just feeding it constantly.

I had fresh fruit and some nat yogurt for breakfast/brunch (I mentioned I'm off work!) = 273 cals (probably a bit more than I would want in future) and am about to have salmon and veg stir fry to bring my total up to 500. I've managed on herbal teas and water for the rest of the time and am looking forward to breakfast tomorrow!

Well done all of us. Speak to you again soon. :D
Amanda
:( 570 cals today. That's because I'm having empty calories tonight - a vodka and lemonade (cal free lemonade) :D

It is Friday.

Have really enjoyed my veggie curry and sharataki noodles though :lol:
19 posts Page 1 of 2