The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

59 posts Page 3 of 4
Re: Fasting Mon 28th
28 Jan 2013, 13:31
Had Turkey salad for lunch - 140cals.

I think I may try the eat nothing until the evening approach on Wednesday as I still fel quite hungry
28 Jan 2013, 13:32
Hello everyone,

This is my second fast day too and my first post! My last fast day was Friday and that went pretty well - I also lost 1 kg overnight which was nice. My fiance is joining me on todays fast but as a big strapping man I'm not sure how well he is going to deal with it - especially as I made truffles yesterday and he loves chocolate!

Have a good day everyone and its great to find this forum for support.

Mad_Scientist
28 Jan 2013, 13:41
Just had a mug of the Marigold Vegetable Bouillon and I must say it's fab and filling and 12 cals so many thanks for the recommendation. I'm well into repair at this point hopefully, 18 hours since solid food, though I have melon slices if desperation sets in. We're all doing incredibly well today but I know how hard evenings can be.
28 Jan 2013, 13:51
Hi Fellow Fasters

Back fasting today - I think it's my fifth fast day - week three (lost 4.5 pounds so far).

Trying to last out until dinner tonight and not feeling too bad so far.

Have become a fruit tea addict. You can tell yourself that the apple & cinnamon tea is like a muffin for breakfast (errrr - it's not, but you can try kidding yourself) and the liquorice one is very sweet so you can pretend you've had a sweet!

I seem to have bought a pretty good meal for later in Waitrose - cod fillet, tray of roasted mediterranean veg and some chopped sweet potato and squash (all for roasting). My Fitness Pal App says all this is 290 cals.

Woo hoo! :D Enough for something else later.

Reading these posts has made me peckish - lasagne, homemade wedges, bacon muffins ... Will have to make more tea. :)

Onwards!
28 Jan 2013, 14:22
I just had a miso soup, 26 kcal and a rice cracker, 30 kcal.
I do find more difficult now that I have "eaten".
Let's hope for the best in the afternoon.
I'm planning to have a very small meal tonight.
28 Jan 2013, 14:38
Today is a fasting day for me and day one of my first ever fast!
28 Jan 2013, 14:40
Azureblue wrote: Just had a mug of the Marigold Vegetable Bouillon and I must say it's fab and filling and 12 cals so many thanks for the recommendation. I'm well into repair at this point hopefully, 18 hours since solid food, though I have melon slices if desperation sets in. We're all doing incredibly well today but I know how hard evenings can be.

Think I will have to get some of that bouillon. I remember when I did the cambridge diet a couple of years back they had a vegetable water flavouring that you just added water to and think it was similar to the bouillon.

Plus my diet lacks salt and I do get leg cramps on a night and my doctor said it could be lack of sodium. So these types of drinks are normally quite salty so could also help with that.
28 Jan 2013, 17:13
Cooking toad in the hole for my partner has made me hungry. i had porridge for breakfast and have had nothing all day apart from coffee and water. i have scrambled eggs and smoked salmon for dinner. And oh boy am i ready for it!!
Stay strong all x
28 Jan 2013, 17:26
Feel fine on no food or miso/stock all day - only tea and coffee.

I think it's getting easier, the more I fast.

Looking forward to dinner at 6 - that will be 24 hrs without food. But not desperate.

My body must be getting used to it. Mentally, it's not such a big deal either.

Feeling positive so hope I get some weight loss and other benefits. :)
28 Jan 2013, 17:43
Fastjo - good job! I like blueberry tea myself. I get one by "Celestial Seasonings" and it's my favorite.

Mad_Scientist - my hubby loves this diet. he jokes it's a manly man's diet, because it's very masculine to demonstrate that kind of will power LOL. You'd have to know my husband, the very unmacho intellectual to get a laugh out of that.
28 Jan 2013, 17:48
Tracieknits - blueberry, eh? That's a new one to look out for.

Whatever gets you through the day!

Yes, I accused my husband of showing off last week when he skipped dinner and continued fasting until the next morning! Fasting as extreme sport? :D
28 Jan 2013, 18:36
Hi all
I've been having some difficulty posting here today from my phone, so hoping now I'm home I can get on.
I've just had chicken, veg and tinned tomatoes with 22g of cheddar for dinner and loved it. I couldn't believe how full I felt as I finished it. Now enjoying my first cup of tea (with milk) of the day. I was hungry this afternoon but kept distracting my self and actually feel I was more effective at work as I was not constantly grazing/thinking of food :D

Have a good evening still fasting and see you for 'whatever we want to eat' tomorrow.
Amanda
28 Jan 2013, 18:40
I was well ready for my haddock and stir fry just now and am on 266 cals so far today so a few red grapes and crackers later will be grand. Breakfast tomorrow will be

Crumpets!!! :shock:
28 Jan 2013, 18:53
First day today. Don't feel to bad.
Just waiting for my boiled egg to cook.
And jelly for pud. So nice to know that I can
See how u guys are dealing with it to.
Eat day Tom. Yippee. The best diet ever. :D
28 Jan 2013, 20:01
This my first day fasting went well. I found it hard to come up with the calorie content of my foods. Forty 40 grams of mango has just how many calories? I tried to use a couple of the calorie counter websites listed under resources but they took too long. I finally found a website that just lists calories in fruits and veg by weight and I could then do the maths. Much faster. In the end I think I consumed under my 500 c. I even did my regular morning walk. So all in all, pleased with fast day 1. :D
59 posts Page 3 of 4