The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

59 posts Page 1 of 4
Second fast day
28 Jan 2013, 07:23
Today will be my 2nd fast day and after the encouraging 1st fast day I'm actually looking forward to it. I didn't overeat yesterday but did eat all the wrong things :(
I've decided to go for a 3 day fast week to kick me off. Looking forward to my weigh in on Saturday :)
Fast day no. 2
28 Jan 2013, 08:22
Sitting here with my cup of hot water with lemon. Hope all who are fasting today have a good day. I'm back quilting my huge bedspread!
Re: Second fast day
28 Jan 2013, 08:25
Good luck shazyone. My first fast day was good as well.
Re: Second fast day
28 Jan 2013, 09:08
Hi, It's my second fast day too and I was also looking forward to it ! Never thought I'd say that but I felt really good after my first fast. After years 0f dieting its quite liberating to know that on non fast days it's okay to eat what I like and not feel guilty about it ! But instead of going mad and eating everything in sight I'm actually making healthier choices. Feeling really hopeful and excited. Hope all goes well for you today :D
Fasting Mon 28th
28 Jan 2013, 09:20
Hi to all who are fasting today...hope it goes well!

Hope you don't mind, shazyone and seasidesal, that I merged your threads into one for today's fasters?!
Re: Fasting Mon 28th
28 Jan 2013, 09:33
Hi

Fasting today and feeling ok. Woke up at 5.30am starving! Obviously in anticipation of the fast day, thanks body :roll:

Good luck to everyone and drink lots.

Michelle x

P.S. I can't remember how many fasts I've done now, I hope this is a good sign. :P
28 Jan 2013, 09:35
Hi everyone!
This is my first fasting day today.
I intend to have a "meal" this evening.
So far: an expresso and infusion
Good luck to you all
28 Jan 2013, 09:36
Had a heavy weekend so back down to fasting today. I hope to do Monday, Wednesday and Friday this week, and be 'sensible' on Tuesday and Thursday. The weekend is another matter :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
28 Jan 2013, 09:40
Morning all! I'm fasting today as usual, nothing for me until dinner. I shall try not to even have my hot choc at lunchtime as it's lasagne tonight and I like to save my cals for the homemade wedges & peas :)

On Friday's weigh in I hit 15kg/33lbs loss so was really pleased. In just a few weeks I should see a new number on the scales that I haven't seen in years. I'm feeling so good at the moment, last night I just felt the need to get moving so I did some stepping. This morning I'm going to do some more. I'd forgotten what it's like to want to exercise, but now the weight's going I'm not so sluggish!

Will probably wander down to the shops later too, so all in all a good bit of moving about for me today for a change (am usually glued to my desk).

Hope today goes well for everyone else!
28 Jan 2013, 09:43
Will be my third fast day today. Yesterday I was quite looking forward to it, but feeling a bit apprehensive now. I think making my son's breakfast of a bacon muffin wasn't the best start!

Never mind... I'm trying to break the day up into bits in my head. As long as I can make it to 1 ok, then I have tennis until school pick up, and then no time to eat until dinner time, when I plan on having a big salad and a chicken breast.

That's the plan! wish me luck :)
28 Jan 2013, 09:43
Lasagne mmmmmmmmmm

My wife made a really nice one yesterday which we had with garlic bread. Not a fast day food for me though, I eat too much of it.
28 Jan 2013, 09:53
Good morning Companions of the Fast! Just drinking my pot of tea having got up late, less day to feel hunger. This is my 8th fast day and I'm still trying different ways to balance it without wishing the day away. Be positive and all will be well.
28 Jan 2013, 09:59
Fasting Monday for me too, Woke up very early, had two cups of good old yorkshire tea with a splash of milk, I'm now on my third herbal tea ;)....Bowl of homemade soup around 12ish, that I made a batch of last week for the freezer.
I'm stil deciding for dinner, the fave so far is the "squash and mushroom tagine"that I spotted in the recipes section :) Good luck all.
28 Jan 2013, 10:04
Me too fasting today, but I'm lucky in that I'm never really hungry until lunchtime and I ate a LOT yesterday.

Have to go and get my BP done as I foolishly signed up to a new doctor when we moved and it was high, so been dragged in every two weeks atm.
28 Jan 2013, 10:22
Good luck with that BBT053! Have you seen any change since starting 5:2?
59 posts Page 1 of 4