The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

59 posts Page 4 of 4
Re: Fasting Mon 28th
28 Jan 2013, 20:02
I intended to fast today but then ate at 10pm last night and had some wine so thought i'd fast Tuesday instead! I woke up at 8.30am and by 10am i still hadn't eaten so thought i would attempt a later fast and consume all 500cals for dinner (i usually finish dinner at 6pm and have a small lunch and dinner on my fast day).

I kept busy all day and i have to say this has been one of the easier fasts for me - it's my 5th (last fast day was Saturday).

For dinner I had a grilled lean steak, jacket potato, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms - i thoroughly enjoyed it!

I will try 3 small meals throughout the day just so i can experience all plans but the thought of a big yummy dinner at the end of the day REALLY appeals to me!! :D
28 Jan 2013, 20:08
3rd fast day (fast 1 of week 2) nearly done and dusted. I had a big mug of homemade vegetable soup an hour or two ago, which is all I'm planning to eat today. It will be black tea, green tea, herbal tea and water from now until bedtime! If I get hungry later, I will call on reinforcements in the form of a mug of Marigold Vegetable Bouillon, but I haven't felt the need for it so far today.

I will break my fast at lunch time tomorrow, making a 42-hour fast period with about 100 calories (or maybe less) in that time. This fits with my general scheme for fast days in general, and is the third such day that has gone to plan.

Fastwise, the plan is going well. Healthwise, I feel fine. Weightwise, the news is less good -- I have gained three pounds in the past four days. It's still a net loss compared to a week ago, when I started 5:2, but not what I had hoped to see on the scales. Clearly drinking Cava all weekend is bad for progress! Never mind. We live in hope. I have decided that my "official" weigh-in day will be Friday, the morning after my second fast of the week, so I'm going to ignore my weight until then.

Hope you're all having fun, and that your Monday fast is going well.
28 Jan 2013, 20:17
Fasting here today too. Gone really well as I've been soooooo busy at work. I wouldn't even have drunk any herbal tea if the boss hadn't been making it for me!

Settled down now after my M&S Fuller Longer Chicken and Mushroom Tagliatelle. Yum, yum!!
28 Jan 2013, 20:31
It's definitely been easier, this third fast. Just had coffee and water all day, and a homemade pearl barley and lamb soup for tea, feel stuffed. Totally going to rock some toast butter and marmite in the morning though!
28 Jan 2013, 20:34
anyone else watching the weight watchers prog on channel 4 at the mo?
28 Jan 2013, 20:45
Yeah, hilarious, i bet there's a few WW execs sat with their faces in their hands. Shocking the price differences compared to normal goods with similar points, or less even! Girl at work swears by it, but must have spent a fortune on all the gubbins they flog you.
28 Jan 2013, 21:20
I did WW about 5yrs ago and spent all my time STARVING!! At least on the 5:2 i'm only hungry twice a week!!!

WW meals are a rip off, however i do buy the dinners when they are on offer as it is quick and saves me having to add up the calories!! Good on a work day.
28 Jan 2013, 21:21
Oh I missed that programme - must try and see it!

I've been through the whole WW thing myself ... :)
Feeling really tired?
28 Jan 2013, 21:40
I made it through to dinner with my 500 cals intact, but am feeling REALLY tired.

I was wondering if this might be because I exercised today...? Walk plus 2 hours of tennis.

Feel like I am barely able to stay upright - so off to bed. I just wondered if this was normal, or maybe just a one off?
Re: Feeling really tired?
28 Jan 2013, 21:50
allic wrote: I made it through to dinner with my 500 cals intact, but am feeling REALLY tired.

I was wondering if this might be because I exercised today...? Walk plus 2 hours of tennis.

Feel like I am barely able to stay upright - so off to bed. I just wondered if this was normal, or maybe just a one off?

I'm no expert but i would say you've overdone it on the exercise. Light exercise on a fast day is ok (as far as i know) as it encourages more fat burning but anything too much isn't good as you are running on pretty much empty on fast days...

Hope you feel better tomorrow (i'm sure you will as you tuck into a nice slap up breakfast!!) :D
28 Jan 2013, 22:32
I worry you might be right Ch1ckpea... If it turns out that way I'll have to switch fast day from Monday, it's a regular tennis session.

Am posting this from bed... bring on the breakfast!
28 Jan 2013, 22:41
I would think given a bit of time your body would get used to it, I've read on Facebook of some people doing 5 mile runs on fast days. Me, I couldn't do a 5 mile run on any day - nor 2 hours of tennis - let alone on a fast day! I was proud enough of myself doing 20 mins of stepping this morning as well as doing the walk to and from the shop (about 20 mins total if I walk briskly).

Off to bed in a mo, haven't really thought what I want for breakfast tomorrow. I looked at that thread in the resources forum - the one about what 200 cals of food looks like. The glazed donut seemed to call out my name... well I guess if I want one for breakfast I'll have to do the 20 minute there-and-back to the bakery and burn half of it off in the process ;)
29 Jan 2013, 09:52
Well I made it through the day until evening without any calories, whereas previously I always had some milk in tea and coffee. And yes I think it was probably easier doing without, at any rate it was no harder. As before I did feel cold in the evening, I am sure my metabolism slows down on fast days (contradictory as that may sound.) Also a bit of dizziness/headache, nothing alarming and I am quite used to it on fast days...
29 Jan 2013, 10:54
Hi everybody!
I made it through my fast day yesterday with only 325 kcal, most of them taken in the evening. Slept well and felt very good this morning.
Next fast day is tomorrow.
59 posts Page 4 of 4