The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

38 posts Page 1 of 3
Here we go again. I have so far had only black coffee and I am lugging about a flask of black coffe, a flask of veg soup and one of water. I have usually had soup for brekky but decided to leave it till later today and I am not hungry. Let's see how that goes. I am inspired by seeing Eat fast live longer last night, so ready for today's challenges. Good luck to ll
We will be fasting Tuesday. Bedtime now. Up at 4:30 am , coffee and no calorie liquids till dinner for me. I'm thinking of having a big bowl of oatmeal for dinner.
I am fasting today too. I thoroughly enjoyed Eat, Fast and Live Longer it was great to see the documentary that started it all.

Three and a half hours till dinner.

I remind myself that I can do it.
I'm fasting today. Had a truly awful day yesterday - total comfort eating :( I has been due to fast yesterday but just couldn't sort my head out. Oh well, as the tag line says... It's a new day now.
Maintenance fast today - no food till the afternoon but unrestricted thereafter (within reason!). Beautiful morning in UK, will pass the time on my bicycle!
I'm a Tuesday/Thursday faster as well so won't be having my traditional steak chips and a pint or two for St. George's day :-(
On my fifth fast today, but so far I have been having breakfast, lunch and dinner and thought that today I would miss breakfast and have a very small lunch and save my calories for this evening. Keeping busy - I have already been for my walk and have two loads of washing to take to the self service laundrette (MFP doesn't have an exercise category for this!)
I think hunger is getting to me, I am sure I just posted on this thread but its disappeared!! I have chopped up carrot, cucumber and celery for lunch, about to head to work soon after taking the dogs for a 20 min walk (could have done longer!!) Looking forward to another doggie walk at 6pm when I finish work then m and s cottage pie and peas for dinner!

Good luck everyone, its a beautiful day and life is grand :)
It's a lovely sunny morning - such a lift to the spirits. Makes you think anything is possible, even a fast day!

Tesco has these brilliant little individual pots of grapefruit segments in juice, only 40 calories, so with 20g of Special K (no milk) that's breakfast sorted for 116 calories. :grin:

Going to the garden centre later so I'll keep busy and not think about food.
Well almost over for me - just had a beauty Pumpkin, mushroom, spinach & cabbage (yeah weird that but it was there ad tasted good!) added a dash of coconut cream just to cream it up...yum! Lots of black coffee today 7 water with a hot choc (8 cal) thrown in. Feel very full and had a brilliant day.
Winsome wrote: I'm fasting today. Had a truly awful day yesterday - total comfort eating :( I has been due to fast yesterday but just couldn't sort my head out. Oh well, as the tag line says... It's a new day now.

I hope you're feeling better today. Good luck with the fasting! :clover:

Last week I fasted Tuesday and Thursday, but this week I had intended to move it to Monday and Thursday. But like you, I needed to deal with some stuff, and did some comfort eating.

And I'm okay with that? Ideally, we should comfort ourselves with things that make us feel better both short and long term, like social interaction, fun activities etc., but food is not evil or anything to be ashamed of. Today is a new day, as you say, and today we're both doing something nice and healthy for ourselves, after taking a much-needed time out yesterday.
Just tried some fizzy water with a few thin slices of lime in it! Mmmm... Helps a lot and tastes good!
Hubby was to be fasting with me today but has come down with a cold so decided not to. will be a challenge to make his lunch and not sample any!
Week 4 I think. Only losing about half a pound here and there but not a lot to lose so that is OK.
Morning Tuesday fasters. Also joining you today and looking forward to a Hairy dieters meal tonight. Only 6lb to go until my target so hopefully by the end of May I should be there. Fingers crossed.
bycress16 wrote: Morning Tuesday fasters. Also joining you today and looking forward to a Hairy dieters meal tonight. Only 6lb to go until my target so hopefully by the end of May I should be there. Fingers crossed.

Well done on only having 6lbs to go :-)

Morning all - I'm doing my fifth fast day today, so far so good. Had a large black tea for breakfast, which will be followed by lots and lots of water until dinner later around 6.30pm.

:clover: to all today's fasters :-)

PS - Happy St George's day :-)
Hi all fellow fasters.
After a pot of black coffee for breakfast followed by an aqua aerobics session at the gym I find I can last out easily till 7 pm when I will indulge in a 3 course meal of home made broccoli and cauliflower soup, shepherds pie and a muller lite yogurt. (exactly 500 cals!) It seems to be working - have lost around 4kgs since starting at beginning of March. I usually do WW but have found the incentive lasts about 6 weeks then I 've had enough and it's back to the old, unhealthy regime. This WOE is far more sustainable. My mantra has become 'you can have it tomorrow' and quite often when tomorrow comes I don't want it! Have a good day.
38 posts Page 1 of 3