The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

53 posts Page 2 of 4
Having looked through the beeb website I think this will be dinner tonight, looks pretty straightforward

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1005 ... n-in-a-pot
Morning,
2nd fast day of the week for me, I'm squeezing in an extra fast as we have a wedding this weekend so I want to look my best and be able to indulge a bit if the mood takes me.
I need to sub-title a documentary today, hopefully I'll get something done but it's not easy as it's the school holidays in Paris so I have 2 children to entertain, in any case so far I have been too busy to miss breakfast!
Good luck everyone!
Good morning

and a much needed fast day for me today, I had a Blackpool hen doo, so I went a bit mad thankful for my detox today.
Im in today. Usually do mon and thurs but been away for a few days. I am skipping weighing this week as I know I will have gained and don't want to get dishartened. I have eaten far too much because when you pay for breakfast and evening meal you have it , don't you ? :doh: Silly really . Noticed that most of the time I didn't really want all I ate but had it anyway. This 5/2 is definately changing the way I feel about food! :grin:
I know what you mean vivbp, I was the same last night. Had planned and cooked dinner for me and my housemate but wasn't really that hungry. Ended up forcing myself to eat it anyway when I probably could have done without or eaten a much smaller portion. At least I'm aware I'm doing it I suppose so perhaps won't be as likely to do it again next time.
:rainbow: I am back onto my regular Tuesday fast - woke up very early and went for my power walk and so far haven't eaten anything. Feeling good, but my husband wants his lunch soon, so I might have a salad then!
I'm in too - second fast this week but I've got 3 restaurant meals coming up so who knows what'll I'll be by this time next week.
Morning everyone! I'm fasting today too and it's my first ever fast. I'm actually really looking forward to it, especially after a weekend of indulging!

Currently sipping on a black coffee and feeling really good, I never really feel hungry in the mornings but got into the habit of eating breakfast because it was "healthy".

Planning on going for a 5 mile power walk later in the afternoon as I imagine this is when the hunger pangs will really start to kick in. After reading many posts which suggest eating a small lunch actually makes you more hungry, I want to try and save all my calories for a 2 course dinner this evening,consisting of mulligatawny soup (105 cals) and then an M&S count on us cod mornay meal (325). I will then either have a low calorie hot chocolate before bed, or maybe a cup of hot skimmed milk with the remaining 70 calories.

I love being organised :victory:
I'm in. Quiet day at home today for me which I'm looking forward to.
Looking forward to a nice salad this evening when my husband comes home.
Good luck everyone fasting today.
Hi Everyone
I am fasting today in my busy busy world.
I had a meal replacement shake this morning as at the moment I cant think about working out the calories etc etc. this evening I am going to have an M&S chowmein. Quite happy with lots of decaf black coffee and redbush tea.

I sneaked in a crafty extra fast day on saturday, and managed a full 36 hours! My husband was not too impressed when he found out (went racing all day) as he thought it was bad for me? Me - I was really chuffed with myself and felt great!!
Morning co-fasters!
Yes, I'm fasting today, together with my migraine and lots of stress!
Best of luck to all!!!
Me too, normally Monday but couldn't fit it in with my schedule. Doea anyone know if it is wrong to have soup at midday? I have been following this regime since about January and 'fasting' but I read Mimi Spencer in the MOS and she says they fast from 7am till 7-8pm with nothing. I've been dividing my calories up as 200/100/200 is this wrong anyone? thanks
I'm in ! No breakfast, few carrots and ryvita 19 cal thing for snacky lunch with a planned stir fry for dinner. It's my 4th week this week and weight loss is steady. I seem to manage my fast days much better now - I don't over think it and just keep busy!
I'm in, but wondering whether this is for the best. Went down to 61kg (that's a 2kg/4.4lb loss) after last Thursday's 12th fast day, but went back up to 62kg and stayed there throughout non-fast days, which are calorie controlled even then. :( So much for being able to "eat normally" or not have to worry about it...

What is more, I am not feeling 100% today, total butterfingers and under the weather. Ho hum. If this has not done more to make me feel healthy by the time we go on holiday, I may well quit.
Ridingwood, I divide my calories in 4 or 5 small meals most of the times. Others eat only one meal at night. My two friends who are on 5:2 eat only breaky and dinner. It's really up to you and what makes you feel better.
I've read that many people get hungry if they eat a little something. I keep myself from being hungry by eating little somethings all day. It's so easy, you just do what feels good to you!!!
53 posts Page 2 of 4