The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

33 posts Page 1 of 3
Fasting Today - Friday 17th May
17 May 2013, 00:23
I'm in for today - Going to need all the strength I can get as I'll be making coconut ice and dark chocolate toffee drops to take to a friend's place tomorrow night! Here's hoping I can stop myself from licking the bowls or 'testing' my lollies too much!

Who else is fasting today?
Wow it's so late and no one is in with you yet!
I'm in but wow so hungry! It's my first week of doing 3 so maybe that's the reason? and it's much colder in Brisbane today

I find I behave much better if I bake on fasting days, because I know the answer is just NO! While on feast days I'll keep putting stuff in my mouth while I bake...but all the best it does sound yum!!
I'm in! This will be my second fast, and I'm looking forward to it. :) Going to make a big pot of cauliflower soup for the day.

I love the idea of doing the baking on fast days- great strategy!
I'm in today. I wasn't very well yesterday so I feel ready to let my body repair itself. Hope I can manage work. Feeling chilly already to off to find a warmer cardigan!
Count me in as well, just woken up, lying in bed reading you all on my ipad...this is a much needed fast day as I was out last night and ate too much of the buffet, then thought "..." It and ate too much chocolate. So, just drinks forme till I have a Hairy Bikers Jambalaya about 7pm tonight...307 calories.
Good luck to all
I'm in :smile: fast number 12 and looking forward to it :like: We're having The Hairy Bikers Italian meatballs tonight :wink:
Hello everyone! I'm in today too! This is my 3rd fast this week and 36th fast in total. Feeling good so far. I had porridge for breakfast and planning to have some vege soup for dinner. I'm experimenting with 4:3 as I'm interested to see whether that has any effect on weight loss.

Keep going all! :clover:
I am also fasting today - porage made with water for breakfast, salad for lunch and courgettes with melted cheese for dinner. Stayed overnight with a friend and asked her how she was getting on with Slimming World only for her to tell me that she was doing her second fast that day! She has lost 3lbs since Monday.
I'm in today - well sort of!!!
Friday is always my last fast of the week, but it's not going to be very strict today, the boys are going on a work bowling night and my friend and i are having a girly night in with a chick flick :)
Planned dinner is Salmon en Croute with Salad and some sundried tomato bread, followed by a GU new york cheesecake pud - plus wine!! eeekkk!!! but i have a GREAT fast day yesterday and hopefully today's half hearted attempt with be some compensation for tonight's treat!! ;)
We are in that is my OH & myself. Unfortunately I have to go food shopping because of having friends for lunch on Sunday so a bit of forward planning & am already rumbly so it will take more will power than usual to get through the day.
Good luck to everyone fasting today have a good day.
Hi there, newbie to the forum here. I'm also fasting today (my second ever!!). Started the day with a big bowl of miso soup with veg and zero noodles and am now famished!! :S Bottle of water by my side which I am also hoping will combat last night's hangover. Just trying to hang in until the end of the day! :)
I'm going to give fasting a go today too. It's 5AM and I'm hungry already...not a good start, sigh......

I did 4 days in a row of boot camp, so I decided to take today off. I'm feeling very achy and sore & I don't want to push myself into an overuse injury. Weigh in tomorrow....still trying to get back to the weight I was a couple weeks ago! :cry:
I'm fasting today too - my third this week - and I'm going to be baking a cake for a friend's birthday lunch tomorrow :grin: , but nothing shall pass my lips until my tuna salad dinner this evening!
Hello all, my first post and I´m in too. Just having a fruits of the forest tea and getting on with a mega master´s essay. let´s hope I can focus on that all day and not feel too tempted to procrastinate or comfort myself with food! have a great day everyone
I'm fasting today and already tummy is rumbling.... :frown:

Could not contemplate baking while fasting - the smell would drive me insane and the temptation to lick the spoon (once batter is in the tin of course!) would be overwhelming. I need my interaction with food on fast days to be fairly minimal.

Good luck folks!
33 posts Page 1 of 3