The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

31 posts Page 1 of 3
Woken up early by cat with hairball, now feeling hungry!
Could be a long day!

Anyone else fasting today?
I'm fasting today! It has worked out only one fast this week as it was a stressful start to the week as hubby was rushed to hospital after developing quinsey after getting tonsilitis. But luckily he's on the mend now and things can get back to normal.

One fast this week is better than none I guess! Have a great fasting day everyone x
Hi all

Yes I am on a fast today, however I've been a bit off weather this week so we shall see how we go.

Started with my water and I have some supplies if the hunger pangs get too much at work.

Good luck everyone

Krissie x
Morning all,

I'm fasting today which i'm hoping wont be too hard after my Nan's large beef caserole and double servings of cheesecake last night!

I have a greek yogurt and a few cherries to have at about 2.00 if I get really hungry and a boiled egg with ham and yogurt for dinner!

Have a good day all and I will be planning my treats for tomorrow when i get hungry today :-)
Mel
I'm trying again today. Breakfast is going to be cripsbreads, at some point, and dinner will be stir fried veg and Quorn.
Morning! Have started fast day with huge mug of tea and am trying to convince myself I'm not hungry....I will be strong! It's only my third fast so I'm still motivated and lost 2.9kg the first week (all fluid I think but going in the right direction). Good luck to all todays fasters and remember-chocolate tomorrow!
Here I am for Fasting Friday and just as well as that lemon meringue I wolfed down last night was HUNDREDS of calories!!! My pot of green chai is drunk, a black coffee around 11 will be next. Good luck everyone, may your temptations be small. :-)
Good morning !!! I am fasting today as well..I normally do mondays and thursdays but yesterday I was out and about and so no fasting happened..I always find it is best to stay at home and busy myself as much as possible on these days. I have a huge pile of ironing to do and then the cupboard under the stairs needs pulling out and sorting. I have had a mug of coffee and will make some disgusting home made soup for lunch from any vedg. I can find around the kitchen and use water and no stock..But Oh! Tomorrow YUM YUM !! haha!! I find that keeping busy is the key but this evening will be the worst ! Good Luck all x x x
:lol:

I like the fact that we are planning our 'treats' tomorrow!!! We are going out tomorrow for a fish and chip lunch with all the trimmings - bread, tea, mushy peas and pudding - yum yum.

K xx
Hi I'm fasting today too. I normally do Monday & Thursday, but had arranged to meet a friend for lunch yesterday. Must admit I'm struggling a bit today. Just had my crispbreads for lunch, but tea seems a VERY long way away!!
Im fasting today. Had nothing so far apart from coffee and im doing ok. However i have to go food shopping now............hope i dont cave :o
Hi..I have shampoo'd the dog and done some ironing,housework etc and made soup out of 1 butternut squash, 1 sweet potato, 1 potato, 3 leeks water and tons of seasoning.Pretty disgusting really but I had 2 bowls of it at around 120 cals per bowl and there is enough left for at least 3 more bowls...so I will freeze it for mondays fast....I will have a poached egg on toast for supper and I will have a cup of tea after I have cleared out the cupboard under the stairs and played some online bridge....fun fun fun..and I am drinking lots of water !! Get busy Chris, it does take ones' mind of food and yippeee you can eat anything you want tomorrow and drink !!!!
OMG!! NEVER go food shopping on a fasting day..you will dribble!!!!!! :lol:
Hi Tarty, why don't you use some stock in your soup? It would only add at most 5 cals but lots of flavour?

I am going to have just the stock without the rest of the soup in a bit for my 'lunch' ;-)
ooh I thought stock was huge in calories as I make mine from left over sunday lunch etc., How exciting!! Yeah! The soup will be much nicer next time I do it! Thanks Caroline!!!! x x x
Ah, well home made carcass stock may be high in cals depending how well you skim it, but if you can bear to invest in some ready made cubes or powder or similar it is definitely low fat. Marigold bouillon powder is quite nice but I use Vecon vegetable stock. The different brands have slightly different flavours so you have to see which you like.
31 posts Page 1 of 3