The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

17 posts Page 1 of 2
Sat 9th fasting?
09 Feb 2013, 11:20
Is it only me? :D
Re: Sat 9th fasting?
09 Feb 2013, 11:52
Hi
No I'm fasting too :D this is my first weekend fast so will be interesting!

I think it's fast number 6, what about you? I fasted Monday & Wednesday as well this week and when I realised I'm fairly busy today I thought I'd give it a go as well. :) I could do with a boost and so 4:3 will help with the weight loss.

I've only just had breakfast (a tub of pineapple cottage cheese, 200 cals) as I have been out so far this morning and have salmon & stir fry veg for dinner tonight. On week/work days I eat breakfast about 7.45am and then fast all day until dinner at 7.00ish so today will be quite different.

I also figure it will stop me hitting the wine tonight, so another health benefit.

Good luck & enjoy all the Saturday fasters.

Amanda
09 Feb 2013, 12:08
Yay!

I think this is 19...I do ADF so days change each week. I'm planning a stirfry later and my usual crispbread for lunch.

Not losing weight this week but started some exercise and hurt so I'm hoping it's muscles toning!
09 Feb 2013, 12:32
Hi to any other fasters today. Sticking to 500, drinking hot Bovril (10 cals) and keeping busy. Just off to make a marinade for the steaks. We find having really tasty dressings helps the enjoyment of eating small meals.
09 Feb 2013, 12:39
Yep, I have fasted today. Slight headache by this evening (I'm in oz) but other than that not bad. I have just realised how few calories are in tomatoes which will be a big help I think.
I have been dreaming of my roast beef for dinner tomorrow night though lol.
09 Feb 2013, 13:09
Hi all
BBT053, well done you for ADF, I'm not sure I could do that. And yes I'm sure your muscles are telling you that you have worked hard! What exercise do you do?

What about anyone else, do you find exercising on fast days okay? I was worried on Wednesday about jogging, but actually I really enjoyed the fast day and didn't think about whether jogging was hard work or not, so big smiles when I got home.

Amanda
09 Feb 2013, 13:14
I'm not very organised so would put off fast days if left to my own devices. I do eat more though to compensate for extra days so I'm not exactly disappearing!

I had a go at Crossfit, had an induction and going to join the gym. I didn't exercise on fast days but think it would be fine. I do get the odd headache but otherwise feel very well on fast days.
09 Feb 2013, 13:22
I'm fasting today, and I'm actually going to fast, not pretend to myself that that's what I'm going to do. :lol: Breakfast was a couple of slices of turkey, some celery and a cheese triangle.

I don't seem to notice a difference when exercising while fasting.
09 Feb 2013, 13:23
I'm fasting today! I'm doing 4:3 so fasted on Mon & Wed. Usually do fri but as we had no kids for the night, went out for Thai. Yum! Stayed in bed all morning reading a book so I didn't get tempted by the kitchen. Bit dehydrated from the alcohol consumed which was the first time I've had a drink since starting this WOE ( that in itself is odd for me!) so fasting on a hangover is not ideal! 8-)
09 Feb 2013, 17:51
I'm fasting too - am doing 4:3 and have fasted Wed and Thurs this week already. Have just completed C25K W3R2 (should have done it yesterday but have a bit of a bad back and didn't want to make it worse). Just about to go and start cooking a fish, prawn and artichoke stew with rice. No wine tonight!
09 Feb 2013, 19:05
Hi all,
How are we all doing then? I've just had salmon stir fry and a large mug of tea with milk, so 510 cals today :D

What does C25K W3R2 mean FrenchFemme? I've tried to figure it out but cannot!

It's been a glorious day here on the east side of the country, lovely sun although a little crisp underfoot. I've been out with the dogs twice, including a great walk on the beach (one of my favourite activities), so now planning an evening catching up on things though nothing too strenuous.

Well done us for getting this far, have a good evening, I can feel an early night coming on.

Amanda
09 Feb 2013, 22:50
Hi AJ15 - C25K W3R2 is Couch to 5 K, Week 3 Run 2. It's a structured programme to get you from inactive to running (jogging) 5 kilometres or 30 mins. I use podcasts downloaded from the NHS site. Today's activity was about 25 mins in total, including 9 mins of running.
09 Feb 2013, 23:42
FrenchFemme wrote: I'm fasting too - am doing 4:3 and have fasted Wed and Thurs this week already. Have just completed C25K W3R2 (should have done it yesterday but have a bit of a bad back and didn't want to make it worse). Just about to go and start cooking a fish, prawn and artichoke stew with rice. No wine tonight!

Isn't one of the 'rules' that you shouldn't fast two days in a row?
10 Feb 2013, 06:18
No, it's not a rule, just most people find it hard.
10 Feb 2013, 07:53
Ok, I haven't read the book, just going by the bbc radio 2 podcast where they were talking to the author of the book I think. He was saying that it had to be non consecutive days so that your body doesn't think it is starving. He did say you could do every other day, but not two in a row.
17 posts Page 1 of 2