The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

28 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Fasting Tuesday 12th Feb
12 Feb 2013, 14:24
Finally found that post about too much exercise:

cuddly wrote: interesting subject .
Ihavnt checked out this site yet but will.
http://ifasters.com/can-too-much-exerci ... ight-loss/
also
http://www.sfgate.com/health/article/To ... 013860.php

Thanks cuddly!
12 Feb 2013, 14:44
Hi all
Well done getting this far through the day everyone. I felt a little hungry on the drive back from training but am having a cup of black coffee back at my desk. My husband has just phoned to tell me that he is going for a well known chicken meal (won't mention the name in case it puts anyone off their fast!), thanks for that honey!

Here's to a great rest of the fast day.

Amanda
12 Feb 2013, 14:49
I'm fasting Mondays and Tuesdays - this is the 2nd week and going ok at the moment. Will probably work late to stay clear of the pankcakes at home but may have to have one tomorrow !
12 Feb 2013, 15:58
MartinB wrote: Thanks, also fasting today with my wife (who is doing it to support me as she doesn't need to fast at all). This is about my fifth fast day and although I can't say I look forward to it I am getting used to it.

Hi Martin,
Well done to you both. I am also doing it to help my husband who struggles with his waistline! I am not overweight and very fit but have family history of high cholesterol and so I am hoping to reduce it in a few months. We are on our 4th week and had our fast yesterday. It was a long day I think because it was so miserable but today I feel on top of the world so keep going! :)
It's good to know so many other people are trying this, great morale support!
12 Feb 2013, 18:00
Arrggg - managed to get through without food until gone 5.15 - barely even crossing my mind. Looking forward to a roast veg salad this evening plus something else as I've got all my calories together. BUT - I have to cook for others especially my 8 year old - I had prepared a spag bol - but have nibbled at pasta (about 4 pieces only) and a couple of carrott sticks and hummous. I think it will still comfrotably come in under my 500 allowance but if anyone has any tips for not giving into temptation whilst cooking for others they'd be welcomed! (Other then getting my OH to cook cos that is unlikely to happen!!)
12 Feb 2013, 18:17
Willingtotry, I cook mine at the same time or even before so I know when I'm done I can sit and eat at the same time, or more often than not I cook something that I don't like on fast days so I'm not tempted.
12 Feb 2013, 18:29
Just had my dinner within my 500 calories.

2 fish cakes
Beet root
Brussel sprouts.

2 ryvita with low fat cream cheese
Apple.

It was totally scrumptious and very filling.
I'll sleep we'll tonight!

Hope you all enjoy your 500/600 calories
12 Feb 2013, 18:40
hi all- this must be the first ever pancake day we are not having pancakes- so we decided to have our own pancake day TOMORROW!!!
Fast is going ok- dinner cooking now!!
well done to all of you!- ursula
12 Feb 2013, 19:09
Chocobunny - good idea to prepare before hand - my mistake was to not get mine started until Iu'd cooked the boy's. I can report that my Roast veggie salad (as per 5:2 book receipe) was delicious! My OH even commented on the smell as he came in - I did not share :lol:
12 Feb 2013, 19:45
ujs wrote: hi all- this must be the first ever pancake day we are not having pancakes- so we decided to have our own pancake day TOMORROW!!!
Fast is going ok- dinner cooking now!!
well done to all of you!- ursula

Snap, we're doing the same too!
12 Feb 2013, 19:59
Hi

Weve had same idea, pancakes for tea tomorrow, can't wait.
This is my 5th fast day not lost weight but lost 1 inch from waist so plodding on, feel good so crossing fingers for next weigh in.
12 Feb 2013, 22:47
I fasting today - Tuesdays and Fridays are my fasting days! Started on the 1st, and doing extremely well.

The only problem I ever have with the 5:2 regime is reaching my 2000 calorie target on non-fasting days. That can be a bit of a struggle, and I often just don't feel hungry enough to eat that much.

Hoping to lose at least a stone over the next 8 weeks :D
12 Feb 2013, 23:20
carorees wrote: Finally found that post about too much exercise:

cuddly wrote: interesting subject .
Ihavnt checked out this site yet but will.
http://ifasters.com/can-too-much-exerci ... ight-loss/
also
http://www.sfgate.com/health/article/To ... 013860.php

Thanks cuddly!

Thanks for that. It's interesting. However I really enjoy exercise and don't over eat but may be eating too little! Like I said I don't actually need to lose weight (BMI 20) , just want to lose a few lbs and don't seem to be able to. Will stick at it!
28 posts Page 2 of 2