The FastDay Forum

Fasting Windows

39 posts Page 3 of 3
After a month-long stall, my weight has finally starting to drop again, thanks to shifting to 16/8.
I got stuck on a weight plateau after my GP changed my blood pressure tablet to a non-diuretic medication. No weight loss at all since, just the usual up-down, always getting back to the same level.
I should be pleased there was no permanent weight gain!

I started doing 16/8 (also called the 8-hour diet) last Friday, fasting between 8pm and 12 noon everyday (16-hr fast), as well as sticking to 500 cal twice a week, and this seems to have kick-started the weight loss.

On a non-fasting day, I eat my usual light lunch after 12 noon and a normal diner between 7 and 8pm.
On a fast day, I have a cup of home-made veggie soup around 4pm, followed by a light diner before 8pm.

I'll carry on with this until the end of the month, if not longer.
What is happening? :shock: First Moogie comes back from holiday looking like a new younger version of herself and now Caroline is DEFINITELY looking like a younger version of herself. :grin: Franglais, you have really started a trend here,

Ballerina x
I too have tried mixing 5:2 with 16:8, but have found that although I stick to the 500 cals on fast days, I find myself packing in as much food as I can between 12 and 8 on the other days. Will this settle down do you think? I don't know what the scales say as I don't weigh until Friday. Hope I haven't spoilt everything with my overheating!
If you have really been "overheating" then the fat should just melt off you :lol: otherwise I would not worry too much, you will soon get over the novelty and things will settle down. My diet varies hugely from day to day but then I think this is quite normal and I no longer worry about it. :cool:

Ballerina x
Thanks for your encouragement Ballerina - I will keep going.
I'm another one doing both during weekdays, anyway. Too hard at the weekend to resist a nice breakfast with papers.
Hi Rainbow, I've been doing this just over a week and have lost 1kg. I find it much easier than 5:2 which I'd been doing for almost 3 months and had lost only 4 kgs. I didn't like the fluctuations in 5:2 e.g. one week I didn't do it at all and put on one kg which was significantly more than I'd been losing on average p/w and which took me two weeks to lose. My window is 12 to 8. I am used to going without breakfast from doing 5:2 and I don't miss it at all. I also find it makes me mentally sharper. I don't count calories because I find that I am too full after my lunch, dinner and, sometimes, a pre or post-dinner dinner snack, to over eat. If I go out in the evening, I shift the window to say 2-10 or thereabouts. This first week I've had wine on 3 nights, pancakes for lunch on Saturday and I have a sweet treat most days. I wish you and your husband much success and look forward to hearing about your progress.
Hi Rainbow, Ballerina and everybody else,
I myself have adapted the 8 hour diet for quite some time now, but always had problems tracking the hours I was allowed to feast and fast.

Luckily, I know how to create iPhone Apps - so I built an App just for that: Tracking your 8 and 16 hour phases.

It's for free and really easy to use so I would like to share it with you guys. You can find it by searching for "8 16 hours" in the App Store or go to http://816hoursapp.jimdo.com

I'm looking forward to your feedback - if you like it please spread the word!

Cheers
Chris
Just bumping this thread as it's interesting to read that it's almost a year on since most of those comments and people are still doing an eating window. It was around this time ( May 2013 ) that Rainbow got me onto the Fast-5 book by Bert Herring and I've never looked back. I think that perhaps a 5 hour window seemed a bit hard core a year ago but we have all moved on and it is now coming into its own which is great.

Ballerina x :heart:
39 posts Page 3 of 3