The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 70 of 96
Previous 1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
29 Jul 2014, 15:25
Insidious sugar and it's bewitching ways has invaded my day in the shape of a cold strawberry smoothie (mmmmmmmm) and now with a cup of lemon and ginger tea, somehow I have consumed two Kallo dark choc covered rice cakes and a macaroon (also mmmmmmmmmmmm).
*Hangs head in shame*
01 Aug 2014, 23:28
Don't be ashamed @Azureblue. You're only human and I hope you enjoyed it!
Xxx
02 Aug 2014, 08:17
I did. I inadvertently ate a macaroon about 8pm last night then couldn't get to sleep until 2am due to the sugar rush :0( Idiot that never learns am I.
02 Aug 2014, 08:34
Good morning my fellow low carbers...... How is everyone doing?
Just off for a wee run and then I will return for a nice brunch before shopping for new trainers and a tumble drier with hubs.
02 Aug 2014, 08:56
Yes I'm still here and have been low carbing very well,
still managing to get the celeriac which is a massive help
to me personally, this reduces and mostimes completely replaces potato for me, most of my carbs this last week have come from fruit+ veg plus of course the odd glass of red wine
and non fast day chocky.

Good luck with the shopping trip Caroline. :like: :clover: :like: :clover:
02 Aug 2014, 08:59
We are going home today after the best holiday ever! I have gained 1lb, but that's nothing and, when home, I can get back to mindful eating again.
Apart from lemon cake during afternoon tea and a gorgeous lunch time pizza, I have been in charge of my meals. I did buy some Moser Roth chocolate, but after finishing 2 small bars in one evening, decided it was easier just not buying more!
02 Aug 2014, 09:05
@PennyForthem Wish I didn't have to buy all the rubbish but for some reason OH has become an addict. Lol
Glad you've had a good holiday and hope you're OK after the bicycle slipped away from you, with the only one pound extra well done you. :clover: :heart: :like: :clover: :heart: :like:
02 Aug 2014, 11:17
Can I join this tent?
Thinking of trying low carb as this time around 5/2 is not doing it for me.
I am not losing weight at all despite two or three fasts a week and being pretty good on non fast days ie until yesterday when I sort of snapped ,couldn't stop eating nuts and then chocolate,haven't done that for years
In fact I dare not weigh myself today.
So please some tips .maybe low carb will get things moving
A few weeks ago I had a long chat to a friend of mind who is into paleo. He is a doctor and very fit and lean.
I don't eat pasta or potatoes and eat very little rice but I love bread and I love veggies like pumpkin and sweet potato.i know I will have to limit my bread
But what about veggies.
Any help will be appreciated
So tonight we are going out for dinner and I will eat chicken,no bread:(
02 Aug 2014, 11:35
Welcome @Sarahg To the low carbers tent. :like:
Veggies are not only good but great source for your carbs to come from, I don't eat much bread at all have stopped all breakfast cereals completely, making my feed days 16:8, I've reduced my intake of rice, pasta, cakes and biscuits, also as I said above now eating very few potatoes, and gave up sugar
3 months ago, on the subject of nuts I now don't buy them coz I would eat the lot!!
I know they're a source of good fats but I've still got a lot of weight to lose and for me that's a step to soon.
I'm thinking sweet potatoes are bit high in carbs but not sure so you'll need to check that one out.
Just try a few adjustments and see how you go on, carbs make us retain water which adds to weight gain and water retention is my biggest problem that's my main reason to low carbing/health. :clover:
02 Aug 2014, 11:56
Oh gang, can someone please lock me into this tent. I will need to be surgically removed from the bread bin first. Anyone know a good carbiologist consultant! I have got myself into a carb craving/hunger cycle this week. Its been months since I indulged in toast. I have even avoided it while feeding it to the kids. But once I had a bite, I was straight back to my old ways. The morning indulgances set me up of a whole day of crap eating, and I did this each feast day. I have undone about 3 weeks if 52ing this week.

@Sue.q, funnily enough I feel like spuds are a bit better than pasta as they are more natural. Might just be my Paddy blood though! (Stout is a vegetable, right!?). I have been avoiding pasta and bread, but having an occasional bickie or slice of cake. I suppose I am not really a cake person so its easy for me to stop at a half portion, or even just help the toddler with his baby piece. Its much harder for me to do that with bread or pasta though.
02 Aug 2014, 12:38
Lol @scubachick stout is a vegetable deffo :like:
I'm sure you haven't undone all your 5:2 work, its just a set back and I know better than anyone else coz I've had a few.
The trouble is we love carbs and our body loves them too especially when like you that one slice of toast leads to more, that's not your fault it all down to the "carb monster" in you, carbs cause cravings that's why I've not had toast in a month,
I will again oh yes but just for now I'm abstaining just to make sure I'm getting into fatburning.
:clover: :clover: :clover:
02 Aug 2014, 12:42
I've given up gluten containing grains which really cuts out a wealth of carbs, and don't miss them. It's taken a while to achieve. I spent a few months reading loads of different sites/blogs/studies and eventually my brain got the message. My stomach has never been happier :0)
02 Aug 2014, 22:41
Hello fellow de- carbonators

My advice for newbie low carbers is get a good source for carb counting and keep them at sub 50g a day.
MFP and Atkins app will sort this out.
Get some sugar free jelly, sweets, cream, cheese, almonds and berries.
Then search for my pannacota recipe way back on this thread . Sugar cravings are one of the things you have to battle.
Good luck. I will be back with you on Monday.
03 Aug 2014, 00:59
Thanks carieoates
I need a carb counting app as I am a bit confused about carbs in veggies and beans
How much should one aim for in a day?
I have started by cutting out the obvious eg bread and pasta
May have to still eat sweet potato and. Other veggies and a bit of fruit though
03 Aug 2014, 01:22
Hey, I'm wondering if I could get some support here to try and make some changes.

I know I cannot do this alone.

I'm writing in the low carb tent primarily because that's the main thing I want to do. exercise, and eat low carb.
I need ideas on how to stay low-carb and stay with exercise even when I get crazy busy with study and work.

I've just had a chest infection so i've been given some time in bed and also been given a break from binging. (god works in mysterious ways).

i'm impressed by the *sponsor* ideas from AA's. Has anyone had experience with this set up?
So today....I will count my carbs and I will walk.
I can't do this alone. Thanks for any suggestions :clover: :oops: .
Kindly
Jo
Previous 1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 70 of 96