The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 68 of 96
Previous 1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
14 Jul 2014, 14:16
Slim pasta/rice/noodles are half price at H&B at the moment. Is it worth stocking up on these?

As a pasta fiend I think having something similar to bulk up my meals, that doesn't take as much work/time as peeling a courgette (I don't have any kitchen gadgets to do this for me!), might be a good thing to have in the cupboard.

Other than the initial fishy smell, most of the reviews seem okay. I'd load them with curries/sauces/meat/veg anyway.

Has anyone else tried this and what do we think?
14 Jul 2014, 14:26
I quite like them, particulary made into Singapore Noodles! Hubby is happy to eat the various types as it is the various sauces which give the flavour anyway.
X
14 Jul 2014, 15:31
Good to hear! Will pop to Canary Wharf after work tonight then and get a few to try. Will try the rice with my tandoori chicken tonight :)
14 Jul 2014, 16:53
First of all yuk yukkity. I hate those zero noodles, like fishy worms.
Sorry.............tried father several times. But alas, I couldn't eat them and I eat most things.

On a personal note I haven't had any carbs yet today and I'm not missing them thank god.
14 Jul 2014, 20:19
I enjoyed them! Rinsed them for about 5 mins and dry fried them. Slightly odd texture but absolutely fine for bulking out a meal. I love pasta so I think these are going to really help me feel like I'm not missing out.

Came in at 462 cals and 39g carbs today! Quite pleased with that considering a fair bit of that came from grapes/raspberries.

Out for tapas and cocktails tomorrow for my brother's birthday so low carbing may be an issue. Will try to at least stay within my TDEE...

Sorry for multiple posts today, first day nerves!
14 Jul 2014, 20:27
lottie89 wrote: .
Came in at 462 cals and 39g carbs today! Quite pleased with that considering a fair bit of that came from grapes/raspberries.!

Well done @Lottie89 That sounds a good day both in calories and carbs :like:
I haven't tried the noodles yet, I do like the courgette spaghetti/ribbons but yes bit hard work very tasty though.

My fastday has gone well and quite low carb again today.
:clover: :clover: :clover:
15 Jul 2014, 06:06
Glad you liked them lotts. Wish I did........
Cals for me 694
Carbs 18
Had a lovely bowl of full fat Greek yoghurt a teaspoon of Nutella with raspberries which I'd cooked with balsamic vinegar and a spot of stevia. That filled me up enough to go to class and do 500+ cal burn workout. :oops:

Today I have two chicken thighs cooked on the Barbie which were marinated in chipotle. On a bed of baby leaves of spinach, rocket and watercress with several baby picked onions and a dollop of full fat mayo. Will work out those numbers later.
15 Jul 2014, 11:02
I found them good as a bulker when I had them, especially as a pasta substitute, but since I have been low carb I have hardly any at all and haven't found it a problem. I have been cutting out all fruit and sugar for a few days to try and get things moving as it were, but only for a few as I love my berries most days. Instead I have been making a cup of coconut milk mixed with some chia and a teaspoon of cocoa and leaving it to go a bit gloopy.
15 Jul 2014, 12:17
@carieoates really,all that grub only 18 carbs?
Wd having chicken breast instead of thighs make it more carby?
It all sounds delicious except,for me, mayo is a no no! Hate the stuff!
Cheering tho bout the full fat Gr yog..have always used the 0% wh tastes fine,but having full fat anything makes me feel i' m keeping my face a bit fuller,which is so important in yr sixties!
Am eating out tonite..having ribeye steak as been craving red meat for ages..with chips and salad,then probably creme brulee! I prob should scarper,i shdnt be in this LowCarb tent!xx
15 Jul 2014, 12:31
@Candicemarie No carbs in any meat. :like:
Enjoy your meal mmmmm love a good ribeye :like: :heart:
15 Jul 2014, 16:35
Ooh love ribeye. Great low carb meal as Sue Q says except for the chips and creme brûlée.
By the way I make panacotta as a low carb treat. With berries and dark choc very nice indeed.
15 Jul 2014, 22:32
I' ll bear that in mind Carie@carieoates..mmm pannacotta,lovely..
Carie & Sue@Sue.Q yes indeed,ribeye was gorgeous
I wish i ate more red meat coz it made me so nice and full
No creme brulee...the whole city centre was full of celebrating graduates and their families so staff were v busy and we didnt wait for dessert and anyway my tum was very full..glad i had the chips tho..crispy and yummy! X
15 Jul 2014, 22:40
Good job I've had a filling fastday meal @Candicemarie coz I could swear I can smell your ribeye :like: mmmmm

and hubby is munching on a bag of crisps!!!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: bed time :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
15 Jul 2014, 22:50
@Sue.Q blow up the empty bag and burst it by OHs ear..give him a fright,serve him right for noshing on crisps..i hope he gets loads of crumbs in his side of the bed and they scratch him all night long! :lol:
15 Jul 2014, 22:59
Blimey @Candicemarie He's not allowed to eat in bed!!!!!!
:shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :razz:
Previous 1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 68 of 96