The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 72 of 96
Previous 1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
06 Aug 2014, 10:19
How are we all doing today? Getting on top of the carb addiction cravings and kicking them all out?
Low carb+medium protein+high fat=happy bunnies!
50-100g+60g+whatever you need to feel pleasantly full using coconut oil, organic extra virgin olive oil, real butter, avocado.
:0)
06 Aug 2014, 13:54
Yes I'm still low carbing @Azureblue getting in some very low days over the last two weeks especially with our warm weather and full blown salad season which obviously helps. :clover:
:heart: Are you fully recovered now you passed on your bug
to our lovely Dee :heart:
How is it going with you this week @justdee? Little better I hope. :heart:
06 Aug 2014, 14:10
Sarahg wrote: I have my fitness pal
Use it to count calories but can't work out how to count carbs
Will go take another look
Xxx

@Sarahg if you click on the item you're inputting it gives a nutritional list eg cals, fats, chol, sodium, carbs etc.
07 Aug 2014, 09:46
Here you are @Loubyloulou Have a good read around :clover:
07 Aug 2014, 10:44
Thanks,I checked my carbs and actually I don't really eat much
I have given up bread for the time being and rice and potatoes
Mind you I am still not losing weight.
I do eat rice cakes but think will have to stop,that too.
07 Aug 2014, 12:07
Loversghost. It takes my body two to three days of ultra low carb for my engine to switch from carb burning to fat burning.
So if you are serious about hitting Ketosis as you've a lot to lose. then, I would order some Ketostix online to test your pee. If you just want to cut carbs you will know if you're body is happy as your appetite will drop considerably.
07 Aug 2014, 12:33
@carieoates I was a bit confused by your post - was it aimed at me or someone else? I haven't got that much to lose now.

I agree with you about the appetite thing - 70g or so works for me because my appetite is completely manageable and I have bags of energy at that level. Initially I went straight to under 50g daily, had absolutely NO energy and it was a struggle. But we're all different.

I think someone said earlier on in the thread that Mark's Daily Apple said the 'sweet spot' for weight loss was 100-150g - not so - he says it is 50-100g and 100-150g for people aiming to maintain. I also note he says it's hard for people to eat under 50g daily for long periods because you risk eliminating certain food groups that way. I just find it really limits what I can eat and it feels too restrictive.
07 Aug 2014, 12:45
Sorry am a numpty was for @sarahg. :confused:

Only because she's low carbing but not losing .........Yet. :heart:
07 Aug 2014, 12:55
Thanks carie
I have very little to lose.have done the low carb diet in the past and don't think I could cope going very low again .my body is happy as long as I can eat fruit and veg.dont mind giving up bread pasta etc.i am trying low carb cos for some reason fasting is not working for me this time around.
But so far my weight seems to be going up not down and I feel like giving up.
07 Aug 2014, 12:59
How much did you lose Sarah?
How old are you how tall etc etc etc,
07 Aug 2014, 13:26
I'm a numpty too. Was me that said that the sweet spot was 100-150. Will go back and edit my post. Apologies if I misled anyone and thank you loversghost for pointing this out.
07 Aug 2014, 13:34
I am short,middle aged and only want to lose tow or three kilos.i have struggled to lose these few kilos for years.tried every diet known. Have been successful sometimes but then after a few months the weight comes back
I did 5/2 last year and managed to lose two kilos but when I gave it up the weight came back
To be honest I wouldn't mind so much if I stayed the same same but am afraid the weight will keep increasing.I am now four kilos more than my ideal weight.
I realise I can never be what I was at 20 but would be happy two kilos more than that weight
Ps I am 5 foot.so a kilo is a lot on me.
Thanks for your interest
07 Aug 2014, 13:45
Sarah, can I suggest that you start again with 5.2.
Log all your foods on fast days and non fast days. Only for a little while to see precisley what you're eating. As soon as I log everything I notice that the odd biscuit, glass of wine add up, if you did it last year you can do it again.
I know that the beauty of 5.2 is to not count cals permanently but how do we know we are eating to TDEE if not.

Write a weekly menu, that always helps.
I'm writing mine now as I have to go to the supermarket in a while. Had lunch so that I'm not hungry aswell. But have two kids and a hubs to feed which can be difficult.

Do you have a buddy?

This is me- mum of two, exerciser, had hysterectomy at Xmas. 5ft 7
12 st 9
Fat % 37%
Goal 11st 11.
This looks high, but I'm muscly, and tall so my weight is not made up of fat.

:grin:
07 Aug 2014, 14:09
Would love a buddy.
I am the opposite of you
Mid fifties
5 foot nothing
Bmi 21 and would like to be under 20 or even just 20
I do a lot of yoga so probably have quite a lot of muscle
Btw you look perfect in the picture
I think you are right I may he miscalculating the a amount of food I eat
Last year it worked cos I ate an apple for breakfast,green salad for lunch and salad and protein for dinner on fast days
Then on nonfast days I just ate bigger salad with nuts and carb veggies and had two squares of choc
Big thing for me is controlling snacking on nuts And rice crackers
Just can't seem to get back into such controlled eating
07 Aug 2014, 17:30
Hi

Rice cakes, or crackers look like a good snack option because they are low calorie and contain no fat, but unfortunately the are high GI (glycaemic index) which means that they raise your blood sugar almost as high as eating pure glucose would. This causes an insulin spike, which makes you hungry so -have another rice cake :lol:

Nuts on the other hand are high in calories and fat but don't mess with your blood sugar, they also have fibre, and protein so are actually a better choice.

(I have a diploma in teaching grandmothers to suck eggs)
Previous 1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 72 of 96