The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

184 posts Page 11 of 13
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
Hey @Karenm, Hey @riel
I think we should be 5:2 /Fastday buddies. What do you think?
@riel I posted a "buddy-up" message a couple of weeks ago (see above in this thread) but didn't hear, I think it was at a time you were having some family and other difficulties. Also I thought I had private messaged you but apparently I didn't because I can't find a record of it.
@Karenm, I enjoy reading your posts and would like to be buddies for support.
I am about 5 hours off from your time zone but not usually a problem on this global site.

Buddies, yes?
Hi, @Judithn I have been away, my sister had been in hospital and my job has meant I have been working from 07:00 each day, so haven't had time to visit. If you want to be buddies I would love it. We have just had a Canadian arrive into the family. My niece who has emigrated has just had a son, he is about 5 weeks old, she now lives in the Calgary area. :grin:
Great @Riel! Buddies it is :grin: It does sound like your plate (of life) is rather full at present. Hope you are still able to stick to your 5:2 plan despite that. How is it going?

Congratulations on your ?grand nephew (is that what he is..I get so confused about these relationships).
Looking forward to hearing from you soon. :heart: :clover: :heart:
Hi, @Judithn, I do have a few problems at the moment, different sister this time and for the next week I can't think about fasting. I am going to try and keep the calories to a minimum. I am going to be helping her out for most of this week so if you don't hear much from me for this time sorry, but I do have to support her, will be back on track, hopefully :clover:, next week.
Hi @Juliana.Rivers
@Riel and I have buddied up if you want to add us to your list.
thanks @Juliana.Rivers,

I'm actually wanting to be a buddy to someone...and a different person to buddy me.
So the person I'm looking out for is different to the person looking out for me.
I think they call this process sponsoring in AA's.
I'm sure there is someone out there who would benefit from my care and I would certainly be open to someone being there just for me to get through this.
If anyone has a curiosity please PM me or chat out here.
You're welcome to ask more questions.
kindly
Jo :heart:
@SarahG I have added you to the first post in this thread.
All the best.
What a great idea, can I ask for a buddy please ? I need a kick every now and then to stop me slipping back. I got to my target about 18 months ago and then let it slip so started again in April this year. I had about 6kg to loose, middle age spread ! I have reached my target again and have been maintaining, regularly doing 16:8 and the odd fast when necessary. But I know as soon as the dark evenings come along I'll find it difficult. My fitbit zip helps, but a real person nagging would be great....I am apparently quite good at nagging too ! Anybody similar out there ?
mrstee wrote: What a great idea, can I ask for a buddy please ? I need a kick every now and then to stop me slipping back. I got to my target about 18 months ago and then let it slip so started again in April this year. I had about 6kg to loose, middle age spread ! I have reached my target again and have been maintaining, regularly doing 16:8 and the odd fast when necessary. But I know as soon as the dark evenings come along I'll find it difficult. My fitbit zip helps, but a real person nagging would be great....I am apparently quite good at nagging too ! Anybody similar out there ?

Hi @mrstee, i added you to the first post. post152560.html#p152560
All the best for your journey.
Hey all.. and especially newcomers.. are you looking for a fasting buddy.. check out post 1 of this thread... i think some people are looking for buddies.
Hi, @Rbrum my fasting buddy hasn't made contact in quite a while. I would love to connect with another faster as well as Rbrum, especially for the Christmas challenge. Is there a limit on the number of fasting buddies one can have? :)
chinchin wrote: Hi, @Rbrum my fasting buddy hasn't made contact in quite a while. I would love to connect with another faster as well as Rbrum, especially for the Christmas challenge. Is there a limit on the number of fasting buddies one can have? :)

Theres are a few threesomes around. think there is even a fivesome.

no real limit though i guess 5 should be the max.

in a way the entire active forum group is my buddy :-)
in a way the entire active forum group is my buddy

You're right @Juliana.Rivers, when put that way there is an abundance of fasting buddies. :)
chinchin wrote:
in a way the entire active forum group is my buddy

You're right @Juliana.Rivers, when put that way there is an abundance of fasting buddies. :)

Yes, that means we all have at least 500 buddies if we count only the "active" members online. some people sign up and then stay for only a bit or are just observers. i wonder if @Moogieknows how many active members there are.. ie members who have say posted a reply at least once in last 3 months.
the forum gets nearly 20 new members a day.

There may be 17,000 members that have signed up here.. memberlist.php
but how many are active?
Hey if you click on posts they are i order of number of posts.. ive done a massive 2485 ranking me 15th. What a home ive made here lol
I would like a fasting buddy if I'm not too late. Would be awesome to help someone and be helped on our weight loss goals....
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
184 posts Page 11 of 13