The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

184 posts Page 1 of 13
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 Next
I thought of this idea when I noticed a post from @Debs who wanted to opt out of the Valentines club as she was struggling.

Anyhow it occurred to me that sometimes we need a buddy, an ally that we can share notes with, so offered to do that for Debs, and she can help me on my never ending, it seems, fight with my scales reaching 69kg again.

@Auriga pm'd me too about my discussion in the Valentines club and suggested a special buddies tent should be raised. Thanks @Auriga

So, this is a tent for anyone to nominate the person you would like to have as a buddy or for you to offer to be a buddy for someone else... maybe somebody like minded, maybe the same age, same location, similar BMI, same intermittent fasting style, similar personality or whatever reason.

I think the 2 person thing will help with our goals. Maybe "3somes" if you want. Sometimes an extra person can help. :grin:

If you have paired up please chat here http://www.fastday.com/fastonbury-glamp ... 12025.html

Awaiting pairing are the following.. If you think you would like to buddy up, PM or public forum message them to see if you can make a "fit"

(If you havent posted for 3 months, I will take you off the list but feel free to "reapply"

@flamanette

===

@sarah293
So I have around 3 stone to loose and am holding on to 40 by a thread which will snap come Friday :curse: I love the odd glass of wine and I keep peeking in the hit tent :oops:

===

@Carley
I do 4:3 and fast mon-we'd-fri

===

@sssookie buddy request 10 March
I'm 29 years old from Scotland. I'm currently about 5 stone overweight, but wanting to lose 6 stone to be a comfortable size. I fast on modays and thursdays normally. Anything else just ask

===

@5174justine buddy request 18 March
I would love a buddy, especially as I'm a relative Newbie. I live in West Sussex and would ideally like to lose 2 stone

===

@Tenshi

A relative newbie, started Nov. 2013, have a lot to loose
medical issues to overcome
work FT and live in Oz.

===

@Anna London buddy request april 1

Evening, I would definitely welcome a buddy. I started on 5 Jan and all went fantastic until 20 Feb and it's been hit and miss since. Work and going on holiday got me out of the habit and I need to get back on track. I usually do Mon and Thurs and have 2 stone to wave goodbye to. Anyone with similar weight to lose, love of cheese & wine and on a mission to stick with it is most welcome. I'm 45 on 6 July......... 14 weeks to go and I really want to be at least 14 Ibs lighter. Anna

===

@makinithap2014
I am 47 years old, female. Have 30-50 lbs to lose. Lost 35 lbs last year. I live in US. The plan I am doing is the 4:3 similar to 5:2. You can read my profile for more information.

===

@Nasus999
I'm on my first week of 5/2 and looking to lose 10 kilos by September. I will reassess then. I'm galloping towards 50 :bugeyes: and live in Brisbane Australia, although am originally from the UK.
If anyone is interested just reply, I guess! :victory:
Nasus

===

@asp999 buddy request April 17
I would love to be someone's buddy. I have now reached my goal weight but I have lost 17 kilos in total (2.5 stone) and still face the daily struggles we all face (mainly our love of food) so would be great to help each other resist temptation and share what we find works etc. Would anyone like to be my buddy?

===

@Sarahg buddy request April 17
Would love a buddy.
I only have two or three kilos to lose,but did this last year and then gave it all up and gained all the weight back
Realise that what kept me going was this forum
So would love to buddy with someone who only has that last bit of weight to lose...I think it's the hardest
Am trying 16/8 plus 5/2

===

@lainy333 - buddy request April 17
I'm new and would love a buddy since I live quite isolated from likeminded people! Im mum to two young boys 11 and 9 and two girls 21 and 23. Im originally from scotland and live in ireland on a farm. My interest is my horses, reading and basic knitting and now......healthier eating!!!!!!!!

===

@philxjr.. buddy request April 25
I would like a buddy if anyone does not mind buddy a 41 year old man. I live in west sussex and have LOADS of weight to loss

===

@chinchin Request made 24th May 2014

I would like to be someone's buddy. Any buddy seeking Aussies on here or someone who doesn't mind the confusion of buddying up with the opposite hemisphere?

===

@rbrum buddy request May 28
Hi
I'd love a buddy. Someone to text weigh-ins to & share the journey.
I've lost a stone and a pound so far. This is good - very good even. Except that I've done this twice before and then gained again after a stone or so. I need to keep going!!!

===

@Debsie Request made June 2
Anyone need/want me. I am 30's, BMI 29, (tbh it's probably 30 today), 72.5kg, female, 2 young children.

===

@johanna5 Request made August 5
I'd like to get some help with my eating and exercising. I'm not wanting to do it alone.

I don't know if this works here, but I'd like to find someone who will "sponsor" me. And I would be available to "sponsor" someone else. I think "sponsor" is an AA's term. I like buddy too. But I think what will suit me is if the person buddying me....is different to the one I'm looking out for. I'm open to suggestions. I'm pre-diabetic and am nervous I'm slipping down the slippery slope to diabetis. I don't want that to happen.I'd like someone to help me just exercise to start with. And slowly move to low carb.
Anyway. I feel selfish to be asking for myself, but I would really have a lot to offer in exchange (I'm an experienced counsellor). Please message me if you'd like to talk more, or chat out here. Either is fine.
Hope all are well
kindly Jo

=====

@skinnyli Request made August 6
Hello....
Am new to fasting watched the Horizon documentary and then did some research. Nothing else was working despite all my best efforts and I did do this in my younger years without realizing all the health benefits so I thought why not. This has been the best decision yet been doing 4:3 for 4 weeks now and on Sat was under 60kgs but had a bad weekend so am up again but I love chocs and now I can eat them without getting fat. Best of all I have no more joint pain :cool: . You are all such an inspiration and reading your posts helped me to do this .......

@sarahg Request made August 11
Hi
I would love a buddy to keep me motivated
I did this last year to lose a few kilos and after a few months reached a weight I was hsppy with.gave up,fasting but maintained for awhile and then it all cane back
Started back on 5/2 4/3 a few weeks ago and managed to gain half a kilo
Even my husband says he can't believe it
I am mid fifties ,very short .only want to lose a few kilos
I gave dieted all my life(and am sick of it)
I do a lot of yoga and pilates so am strong ....maybe my extra weight is muscle:)
Anyway I am about to give up
Have been doing low carb but still no change and it makes me feel tired and irritable
Sorry to sound so negative .i think I am usually quite a happy positive person but just feeling fed up that my weight is now 4kilos more than I would like instead of just two

@mrstee Request made August 12 2014
mrstee
What a great idea, can I ask for a buddy please ? I need a kick every now and then to stop me slipping back. I got to my target about 18 months ago and then let it slip so started again in April this year. I had about 6kg to loose, middle age spread ! I have reached my target again and have been maintaining, regularly doing 16:8 and the odd fast when necessary. But I know as soon as the dark evenings come along I'll find it difficult. My fitbit zip helps, but a real person nagging would be great....I am apparently quite good at nagging too ! Anybody similar out there ?

@skinnyli Buddy request 27th October 2014
I would like a fasting buddy if I'm not too late. Would be awesome to help someone and be helped on our weight loss goals....

====

so far...

BUDDY SET 1 @Juliana.Rivers - @Debs - @rebelsue2
BUDDY SET 2 @Auriga and @Rawkaren
BUDDY SET 3 @CarieOates and @Nursebean
BUDDY SET 4 @PennyForthem @wendy darling and @callyanna
BUDDY SET 5 @brand-ie and @Julieathome
BUDDY SET 6 @cblasz and @Sassy1
FASTING FIVESOME SET 7 @jools7, @Sue.q, @GillyMary,@Daydreamer21 and @jo05
BUDDY SET 8 @Madcatlady and @Westlondonchick
BUDDY SET 9 @hazelnut20 and @Heucherella
BUDDY SET 10 @Lil and @Clairemarie
BUDDY SET 11 @tinamacarina and @bethp
BUDDY SET 12 @Lizbean and @Spanner
BUDDY SET 13 @barbarita and @iztla
BUDDY SET 14 @RachaelB and @Maggiee (Joined April 30)
BUDDY SET 15 @croftmaclean and @battleon77
BUDDY SET 16 @Katharina and @Sallyo (Juined May 23)
BUDDY SET 17 @bobshouse, @mooand @emerald17 (Joined May)
BUDDY SET 18 @Judithnand @Riel (Joined July 2014)
BUDDY SET 19 @coffeetime, @stephdand @IeramulJoined Oct 2014
Anyone want to nominate someone for being their buddy?

If you need a buddy to work with, post a reply to this thread and we will try to pair you up.

If you see someone asking for a buddy and you aren't yet paired with anyone, take a look at their posts on their profile (click on name and then search posts) and if you feel you are in a like minded spirit then perhaps ask on this thread,or in a private message, to pair up.
You can communicate with your buddy however you feel comfortable i.e. by PM or openly through this tent.. (I'm thinking latter so that we can all benefit from the discussion)
If your in the same region you can even meet up!
I think I'm with @auriga as she PM'd me too...
Great idea! :)
I am very happy to be a buddy - perhaps with someone who has also recently reached maintenance, tho also happy to buddy with someone who needs support on the "downwards" journey.
Cheers! :D
I would love a buddy, maybe someone the same age as me :wink: @nursebean and if she doesn't want me :dazed: maybe someone who has 1 stone and 2lb to lose.
I'll buddy with someone :)
@Fasting farthest from my mind right now as I neck a very large glass of red in the qantas lounge! but I gratefully accept your offer @Juliana.rivers!!

I think it is a lovely idea especially as neither of has much to lose and it us good to have someone to share the journey with :heart:
Brilliant idea, I'd love to find a buddy here. DOn't really mind what stage or goal, I think we can use some support wherever we are in our efforts...
Ooh, yes @Carieoates I would LOVE to be your beany buddy! Only a few hours to go and you'll be the same age!!

Bean :wink:
Goodie @rawkaren we're Buddy Set 2 and thank you @Juliana.Rivers for starting this tent....yippeeeee! Good luck everyone.
nursebean wrote: Ooh, yes @Carieoates I would LOVE to be your beany buddy! Only a few hours to go and you'll be the same age!!

Bean :wink:

its a match... number 3. @CarieOatesand @Nursebean.

This is like pairing up with a partner in an old fashioned ballroom dancing class in primary school.
Debs wrote: @Fasting farthest from my mind right now as I neck a very large glass of red in the qantas lounge! but I gratefully accept your offer @Juliana.rivers!!

I think it is a lovely idea especially as neither of has much to lose and it us good to have someone to share the journey with :heart:

Thank you for accepting Debs. They say im a good motivator. you'll reach your 60kg real soon now Debs and help me to get to 69.

I know your on a "sobatical" for a week so make it a good one.
Would love a buddy please!

Following a weigh in today....I still need to lose around 3.5 to 4 stone. Have lost 22lbs since 25th Nov 2013 - so still quite a newbie.

Very happy to reciprocate any support I get! Am 51 yrs old & a lifelong comfort eater who is now trying to grab some control, get out exercising more & seriously improve my general health. Love love love chocolate, cake, popcorn, biscuits, cake, cake and more cake.......but might be developing a bit of a soup addiction right now......unheard of!!

Started 4:3 last week for the first time due to plateauing for the past 3 weeks or so......

Many thanks everyone

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
I would be happy to buddy up with somebody. I am sort of new to this WOE. I started in November, then took a break over the holidays and have been committed to it since the beginning of Jan.

I have 35-40 lbs to lose (about 15 kg.) I am almost 44, single, a teacher and I live in the U.S.

Thanks!!
I might have got to my target weight, but I shall need constant vigilance to stay there, so any body who is willing to be a buddy will need to be a good motivator!!
In turn, I'm happy to be a supporter/buddy - and, whilst I may need the wet fish treatment myself sometimes, I can also wield said wet fish!!
I would love to have a buddy! I'm a newbie here with LOTS to lose (80 lbs at leat), but I really really have to this go-round, I've got health issues at stake :frown:

I love to "talk" and would love to have a partner of similar weight to lose. I'm 48, I work FT, I home school my kids...I am a person of faith -- if any of that helps! Oh and I am in the US.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 Next
184 posts Page 1 of 13