The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

62 posts Page 2 of 5
Re: The 'I hate my waist' tent
15 Jul 2014, 21:36
Perhaps @Manderley has the right idea, she wears sexy basque things, nothing to do with the Basque Separatist movement, I think, but I'm not sure it would do for me as I like breathing and she likes sex so perhaps give that one a miss.

Ballerina x :heart:
15 Jul 2014, 21:43
Whatever you're having, @ballerina, make mine a double...
15 Jul 2014, 21:48
Well I'm having whatever you're having ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :wink:
15 Jul 2014, 21:56
I'll have one too thanks :lol: I might as well make myself comfy in here as I am a thin apple in size 8 jeans. I rarely measure my waist because I don't have one. I go straight up and down with a jelly belly stuck on the front. Attractive. NOT. I think exercise is probably the key but pass the Moser Roth whilst I think about that one :wink:
15 Jul 2014, 22:01
Cheers girls, somehow my waist no longer matters, hee hee or should that be hic? :shock: :lol:
:heart:
Ballerina x
15 Jul 2014, 22:05
@Wendy Darling you've taken the words right out of my mouth ... wonder if Moser Roth is cheaper across the pond?? If so, can you bring us some back when you go over there for your holibobs? A suitcase full will do ... If you manage to get it through security ... :wink:

@Ballerina - knowing you, that will be a hic :grin: , followed by a tee hee :shock: and you've got @PennyForthem in a right fix with the predictive text over on the hangout :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
15 Jul 2014, 22:23
Just thinking... if you asked 20 people to describe you, I bet none/maybe one would say thick-waisted/apple shaped etc, I bet they'd go for other characteristics!
Unless we were in a swimsuit parade perhaps...
15 Jul 2014, 22:28
I'd love to have a waist to hate! :lol: xx
16 Jul 2014, 07:53
We're back to how critical we are of ourselves, whereas we are not so critical of others...are we?

Back in December last year, weighing well over 15st, I was just a few weeks into my new life with 5:2. I got chatting at a party to an acquaintance (lovely girl, very slim, shouldn't like her on that basis alone, tee hee, but of course I do, because she's lovely!) and telling her why I wasn't going to have any of the 10 or so puddings on offer that day. I started using words like "disgustingly overweight" & "hideous" etc whereupon she said that when she thinks of me, she doesn't remotely think of my outward appearance, she just thinks about my character. Almost as if the shell I am in doesn't count......who knew???!!!

The $64 million question is.........why can't we be like that with ourselves? Why must we be so uncharitable?

I could just of easily started a "I hate my thighs" tent....because I am a classic pear. My hips are wide too, which results in my waist actually being one of my best points....but I have spent decades focusing my hatred on my tree trunk thighs....so have ignored my hips completely. We get what we are given though - in terms of body shape, hair & eye colour etc etc.

Once we are down to a healthy weight to ward off potentially life-limiting health issues, we should really be focusing on whether we are successful as human beings - do we have good relationships, do we do good deeds, are we "nice" people? Surely in the scheme of things, that matters more than constantly berating ourselves for having fat arms....

I know this is all tied up in the massive "self-esteem" issue......but here's a thought to leave you with:-

In all my 51 years, I have never yet rejected a potential friendship on the basis of not liking someone's waistline/chunky thighs/chubby arms/ginormous hips!!!

I do run a mile from selfish, bitchy, self-obsessed, thoughtless types though.........

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
16 Jul 2014, 08:09
Point taken @hazelnut20 and of course you are right with what you say - and with a lot of passion too :heart:

But as can be seen from the posts above, we don't take ourselves entirely seriously, and I'm sure @PennyForthem would agree, the intention was to shine a light and share something that we suspected a lot of us have in common! And we have! I think the humour here speaks for itself, and as P-JK has mentioned elsewhere on this forum today, it's an integral part of the sharing on this forum. Hurray for that! Will be popping back here regularly for my fix of madcap bonhomie as well as moans - keep it up folks! :shock: :lol: :cool:
16 Jul 2014, 08:25
@silverdarling is quite right, as are you @hazelnut20. I thought your post very thought provoking and, of course, we all have things about us we don't like. Some things we CAN change if we set our minds to it, others we can't (unless one has deep pockets and a good plastic surgeon!!!)

I work from home, so have no close working relationships; my 'best' friend is morbidly obese and we do not mention weight, food, diet exercise, size etc, so it does help (me) to know that I'm not alone in finding the weight hard to shift from my middle.
16 Jul 2014, 08:29
Oh absolutely @silverdarling! I have always so enjoyed the wonderful humour on this forum.

Perhaps I warmed to my subject a little too much, but it was not meant to override any of the humour or goodwill on here, merely to add/observe that you are all clearly so much more than what's on the outside...

I am still giggling at @candicemarie's "I'd love to have a waist to hate!" - sooo funny! I can never seem to write short posts ("why use 10 words when 100 will do" is my mantra!) but I do enjoy everything you all say, including the wickedly funny one-liners..

Have a great day all!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
16 Jul 2014, 08:43
In any gathering of female friends you can pretty well guarantee that one of the topics of conversation will be weight/body issues/latest diet. Without being sexist I don't think the majority of men have the same body hangups as women. Why do we continue to beat ourselves up about our personal appearance , often focusing on one perceived 'fault', forgetting our many assets and plus points? If there is something we can do about what bothers us, such as losing excess weight, then by all means go for it, but otherwise let's learn to love our bodies whatever shape and size they are!
One of the reasons I first started fasting was to reduce my waist and the hidden visceral fat on my tum. Although already slim I had a 'boyish' figure with little definition around my middle and a bit of a 'spare tyre'. I'm pleased to say that thanks to an occasional fast, sticking to a 16:8 eating window and regular aqua sessions I have lost 2" off my waist and the excess flab on my tum has gone too. At nearly 66 I feel slimmer and healthier than ever!
16 Jul 2014, 09:28
Remember when we looked up the sight to tell us our figure type. I was a banana I take it the curve was to the front. I have giggled at that a few times at least I wasn't a turnip are even worse a cabbage. :like: :lol:
16 Jul 2014, 15:13
WHAT has a girl got to do to lose the fat around the middle....I mean I can't starve to death....as I am already doing 4:3 just to maintain (although quite generous 600-700cals sometimes on fast days....well a girl has to live!) Excersise doesn't do it for me either! grrrrrrrrrrrrr.I am going back to a strict 350 calorie three days a week and see what happens!
I have to say though that being strict since last week after my hols I have lost 1.4k and nearly back where I started before France tempted me off the straight and narrow!
Tried to add a picture but it's too big.... drat it as no idea how to shrink it!May have done it! here's our gite!
resized_imagejpeg.jpg
resized_imagejpeg.jpg (80.82 KiB) Viewed 411 times
62 posts Page 2 of 5