The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

62 posts Page 1 of 5
The 'I hate my waist' tent
15 Jul 2014, 14:57
@silverdarling and I were bemoaning our waist size! Despite our weight loss, we felt that our waists were not in proportion to the rest of us. Although mine is now half my height, it has steadfastly refused to budge in the last few months!
Silver suggested a thread for those in a similar position, so here it is!

Despite low carbing for months and having a good BMI, I remain an apple. And it's very unappealing and it gives me the pip. Yes, I have lost a lot, but I'd like to lose another 3", (and fit into UK 10 rather than 12) but perversely, I don't want to lose a lot more weight to achieve it.
I don't go to the gym, but I do try to walk and we have recently dug our bikes out of the garden shed.

So, if you don't like your waist either, come and moan in here with me and Silver.
Re: The 'I hate my waist' tent
15 Jul 2014, 15:54
When I got married ha had a 22inch waist, 10months later the day before my twins were born my waist was 52inches, needless to say it has never been the same again. It is less than half my height but only just and if I keep shrinking in height it won't be. My small waist was my crowning glory and I only had it for a short time :cry: :curse: mind you I wouldn't give my boys back to get my waist again. They are too precious. Said boys will be 40 this year.
15 Jul 2014, 16:05
I don't hate it, but I like moaning about it alot! I've discovered you can be a fat apple, or a slim apple, but so far at least, always an apple! I'm still trying to lose, because the fat is still there, but not very successfully of late. Unlike @Nessie I've never been particularly tiny, and I don't remember ever having a flat stomach, although I guess it was a bit flatter when I was a teenager.
My big gripe has always been finding trousers that fit on the hips and thighs as well as the waist! Since losing weight, it's been better as I've lost proportionately more from waist than hips.
Honestly, I could bore for Britain on the subject of waists...
But remember, the pears often envy our lovely legs!
15 Jul 2014, 16:06
I'm joining this tent too! My waist is roughly 30"- less than half my height- and I have lost a lot from round my middle, because it was 41" :bugeyes: and one reason I went on the diet (quite shocking for someone 5'4" tall I thought, when I first realised what it had grown to), but there's still quite a bit of flab in that region and I don't seem to be able to shift it. I am trying though! :confused: Another 2" would be good!
15 Jul 2014, 17:39
Me, too! Me, too! I hit my goal last August and have since maintained below goal 2-5 lbs. I didn't check, but I don't think I have lost much on my waist since then - it sticks close to 31", sometimes dipping to 30" oh so briefly. *sigh* I keep telling myself, I'm below 50%, lost the weight I wanted to, plus some. I really have no reason to gripe. But still...
15 Jul 2014, 17:48
Well as the biggest bemoaner of apple shapes on the planet here I come....yes I absolutely hate the fact that I have a huge spare tyre and a fat stomach which means that there is no prospect of me ever having a small waist, I'm just not made that way. I should accept it and get on with my, otherwise, nice life but it just bugs me. I have gone from over 36" to around 27.5" and yes, it is fabulous but it ain't enough. I now sit on the bones of my bum whilst my overhanging spare tyre and stomach meet up for a social chat. It's not practical to walk around with my arms above my head like some sort of hostage but this is how my fat middle makes me feel, like a hostage. I've got legs like Chinese chopsticks so losing any more weight is not the answer. I'm already wearing M&S size 8 trousers which are loose on me ( they are not really size 8, it says it on the label but all my old M &S clothes are size 12 and some are smaller than the new size 8's....humph!!!! ) so, where to now? I'll just have to continue doing what I've done all my adult life and dress myself in fat middle camouflage clothes, at least it sometimes works. I measure my waist every morning, even on holiday, and I weigh myself every morning except when on holiday as scales are not a practical thing to put in your hand luggage, but it is the waist size fluctuations of about a half an inch that really makes or breaks my day, how daft is that? HALF A BLOOMIN' INCH is all it takes for a mental decline of Herculean proportions :shock: :confused: :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
15 Jul 2014, 18:44
Lol. And lol again! :lol: :lol: :lol: I knew we were onto something when PFT mentioned her wish to whittle off more from her 'large waist' this afternoon. Actually she doesn't look to have a large waist to me - and neither does Ballerina - (and I ve met them both) but as always it's how you feel about yourself that counts. And there does seem to be more than a few of us whose waists are not really in proportion with the rest of our figures. Ballerina was saying back in April at the tartan meet up that she felt she would always be an apple - just that now she was a much smaller apple :lol: :shock: :lol: - and I do like the somewhat surreal image of the 'slim apple' :grin: :lol: :shock: as mentioned by Annurca.

Like Auriga I've lost loads off my waist, about 7inches, but none in the last 6 months or so (in which time I've lost about 10lbs) ... So I can identify with the frustrations everyone mentions here!

Perhaps we can share ideas, experiences, rants etc here! I know Ballerina said that she'd dropped about another inch or so in the last couple of months, and other people have said that first on, last off etc. Would low carbing help? Exercise? ( :shock: :shock: :shock: to that last one :wink: ) So please do share your whinges, gripes, moans and whimpers, as well as any ideas to whittle away those pesky inches ...
15 Jul 2014, 18:48
PS but if it was a choice between waist or chocolate, it would be .... err, ummmm, errrrr, I'll get me coat :dazed: :shock: :oops: :confused:
15 Jul 2014, 18:52
I did 5 miles on the bike tonight. Slow beginnings, but I'm hopeful it'll shift a few inches. Also 25 minutes on the treadmill this afternoon. I can't run, so it was a brisk walk.
Nice (or maybe not) to see you all in here.
15 Jul 2014, 19:07
Over the last year and a half I've gone from 39" to 35" but need to be under 33" for the magic healthy ratio.
*sigh*
Ever an apple, perhaps to the end :0,
Should I invest in a fancy pants pedometer now?
15 Jul 2014, 19:15
@Silverdarling, I never mentioned that I found an Aldi in Lexington, Kentucky! And YES, they have Mosser Roth - I have tried the 70%, 85%, and mint. I'm not too daring about the chili one - so not sure I'll get the gumption to try that one! As for thinner waist or chocolate - would you like some company???
15 Jul 2014, 19:27
Ladies, have you experimented with giving up wheat for a month or two? The chocolate may be innocent.
15 Jul 2014, 19:53
@barbarita, I have greatly reduced my wheat consumption, but not eliminated it. May be a step I should take, although, looking at my Mom's side of the family (whom I resemble), most have the belly! So I may be up against my genes in this endeavor!
15 Jul 2014, 20:01
Yes, Babarita, no bread, potatoes, pasta, rice pass my lips! Very little else I can cut down on. And I rarely eat cocolate
15 Jul 2014, 20:46
Yes those things are not staple everyday things any more. But then they are not banned either - I do believe that to be sustainable, this WoE has to be not extreme. I do have bread, but I buy it from an artisan baker and sourdough, then freeze it by the slice. And enjoy it when I do eat it. I also eat rice, but only possibly a couple of times a month. But I enjoy these things a lot more than when I had them more frequently. And that is key I think - enjoyment, rather than restriction. We are all looking at ways of enjoying our food, while gaining the benefits from fasting, and continuing to explore the ways we can adjust and tweak this WoE to suit our circumstances, likes and dislikes.
62 posts Page 1 of 5