The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

62 posts Page 4 of 5
Re: The 'I hate my waist' tent
17 Jul 2014, 03:46
carieoates wrote: I actually like my waist. It's the bit below and to the side of it I'm not so keen.

I am pear.

me, too, Caroline. My thighs and hips are where any extra weight goes on me.
17 Jul 2014, 06:13
CandiceMarie wrote:
carieoates wrote: I actually like my waist. It's the bit below and to the side of it I'm not so keen.

I am pear.

I'm puzzled Carie..@Carieoateswhat do you mean by to the side of yr waist..?
If i look to the side of my non existent waist,all i see are my big fat elbows! :bugeyes: x

@CandiceMarie. Not ignoring you didn't get this tag. M.luv.

It's my hippy hips :heart:
17 Jul 2014, 08:55
@Annurca I just measured this morning. Bust 38", waist 30", hips 40.5" thighs ( :bugeyes: :cry: ) 25" each measured around the fattest part :cry: Difficult to measure one's own upper arm, but it seems about 13" :frown: You can see what I mean about heavy limbs!
17 Jul 2014, 09:19
Yes @winsome, we are truly different shapes! I have just got the tape measure out specially for you, despite the fact I never measure my waist unless I think it's going to be a good result, and after a big meal last night, knew that it was not...
So; I'm bust 38.5", waist 33.5", hips 39", thighs 21" and arms 10.5".
If we had all started out as bean bag dolls, it is as though you were picked up in the middle and the stuffing spread to the rest of you, whereas I had my arms and legs squeezed so it all ended up on my tum!
I concede that you also probably find it difficult to find jeans!
17 Jul 2014, 11:45
Haha @Annurca love the analogy. You are so right! My friend and I who are the same height and weight have agreed that I look better in side on full length photos, whereas she looks better in full frontal, upper torso shots, as like you she is an apple. In any event, we are both glad not to be the nearly 15 stone lumps we were when we first met in the WW chat room 14 years ago. I actually have a VERY positive body image, I just acknowledge my flaws with brutal honesty.

Oh, and yes, jeans... Not my favourite thing to shop for! I'm long in the rise with short legs too. Just as well I like dresses :smile:
17 Jul 2014, 12:35
@Winsome About the corset, to be fair, I wear one everyday for months so I don't feel it any more and it's way too big anyway as it's 3 cm bigger than my actual waist (and, BTW, it should be 10 cm less than my waist so wayyyyyyy too big) :wink: Even at the beginning, I could eat wearing it, I just ate really slowly so I ate less which was good.

My waist didn't change for weeks until something happened (don't know what) and it began to shrink. Literally. I mean, in a week I could lose 3 cm easily. When the waist began to shrink, the love handles did too and now it's my thighs turn, which is great.

For the pants I have a solution. I bought pants for pregnant women and inside, there is an elastic you can downsize if needed. As I am still shrinking, it's way more useful and cheaper than if I had to buy new trousers.....
17 Jul 2014, 15:54
My waist is usually a little more than half my height, occasionally it gets below but always bounces back up again and I still have a roll of fat in that area. I'm not an apple shape, I've always described myself as a pear, I have large hips but my thighs are thin so I must be a bit weird. My arms were always thin and I didn't realise that they had grown podgy until 5:2, now I have flabby flaps which swing to and fro like my old cat's underbelly. My legs are thin but I've never had slim ankles and I had a flat stomach until menopause. Oh, and my nose is thin and pointed, I didn't put on any weight there!
Yes, a bit weird, but compared to my pre 5:2 shape I'm not complaining.
17 Jul 2014, 16:36
I'm well jell of all the peeps saying that they quite like their waists. Are you childless by any chance? I find breeding kills your waist :razz:
17 Jul 2014, 19:56
@Pip I have twins who are nearly ten now.
17 Jul 2014, 20:22
Winsome wrote: @Pip I have twins who are nearly ten now.

Woah! Hi5! My kiddies are 2 and 3 and I thought I had it bad! lol
17 Jul 2014, 22:31
What a lot of mums of twins we have on the forum!
17 Jul 2014, 22:49
I can claim to be the grandmother of twins, but I can't blame them for my waist line!
18 Jul 2014, 04:22
Pip wrote: I'm well jell of all the peeps saying that they quite like their waists. Are you childless by any chance? I find breeding kills your waist :razz:

yes I am. Though I know plenty of apples who are childless as well. I wonder if there is a metabolic difference between apples and pears, meaning a causative one...
18 Jul 2014, 07:04
Well as a fat waister who has never had children I can hardly blame that. I really do think 'middle age spread' is a reality as I am back to my young woman weight but not my young woman waist, it seems that will never happen. Reading about the difference in other folks limbs I measured my thighs, at the heaviest point, and they are 17.8" and my ankles are 7.4" and my shoe size is 4 so compared to another 5'4.5" woman with bigger limbs, hands and feet, it is obvious that there would be massive discrepancies in our weight even with identical sized and shaped torsos. It is as though Mother Nature has sucked all the flesh off my arms and legs and stuck it all round my middle, but NOT on my bum, it is NEVER anywhere near my bum. Bum!!!! :shock: :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
19 Jul 2014, 12:57
It is as though Mother Nature has sucked all the flesh off my arms and legs and stuck it all round my middle, but NOT on my bum, it is NEVER anywhere near my bum. Bum!!!! :shock::lol:

That sounds just like me Ballerina! :wink:
62 posts Page 4 of 5