The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

62 posts Page 3 of 5
Re: The 'I hate my waist' tent
16 Jul 2014, 15:50
I actually like my waist. It's the bit below and to the side of it I'm not so keen.

I am pear.
16 Jul 2014, 16:39
That's quiet a gite, @auriga.
I like pears.
16 Jul 2014, 18:02
@Auriga congrats on the loss of holiday weight gain. I know how tough (and scary) it is when we face the scale and see the gain after hols.
@carieoates I am a pear too. The inches around my hips haven't changed a bit since I started. Everyone has their issues I guess.
16 Jul 2014, 20:21
Ohh that looks lovely@auriga what a great pic!
But i hope you mean gping back to 350 cals worth of exercise not daily cal allowance :confused:
@Nessie i was neither a pear or apple or banana or any other fruit or veg..i was a spoon or a bell! The cheek of it! :shock: :lol:
@Callyanna i read your last sentence as, at six' six" i feel slimmer and healthier than ever!
and i thought Flippin heck, Cally has shot up since last i saw her :wink: x!
Youre right tho,we are very hard on ourselves...for us older ones,where did it come from...as children we were brought up to be barely aware of our bodies..was it Twiggy? Is it all that blasted Twiggy's fault? X!
16 Jul 2014, 20:28
Egads! No not 360 cals a day but just for awhile 3 times a week Candice! The gite was amazing and very good value. :cool:
16 Jul 2014, 20:33
carieoates wrote: I actually like my waist. It's the bit below and to the side of it I'm not so keen.

I am pear.

I'm puzzled Carie..@Carieoateswhat do you mean by to the side of yr waist..?
If i look to the side of my non existent waist,all i see are my big fat elbows! :bugeyes: x
16 Jul 2014, 21:03
Fellow apple shape here (hardly surprising when you check out my avvy lol).

Sucks to be this shape, especially as I'm also 5ft1. My waist is always the last part to lose weight. Gaghhh!
16 Jul 2014, 21:22
I poked my nose in here just, well, to be nosy :oops: as it has to be admitted that I quite like my waist.

What astonished me was how different @Auriga and I are - both 5'4" and both measuring 30" around the waist. I'm considerably heavier though. It makes me wonder how much more slender her thighs are, than mine, and I can already see that she has slender arms whereas mine are like hams :bugeyes: If we did one of those photo merge things where two pictures blend into one, we would probably make the perfect womanly shape :lol:
16 Jul 2014, 21:27
I am a skinny arms and legs person Winsome! With a blob for a middle!
16 Jul 2014, 21:27
@Ballerina I'm with @Manderley on both counts :oops: With a 10.5" difference between my hips and waist, my best corset looks pretty dramatic when tight laced. I can breathe in it just fine, but I do struggle with disguising the tree trunks that lurk lower down :neutral: Can't eat a meal in it either :starving:
16 Jul 2014, 21:28
@Auriga no part of me has EVER been described as skinny! :cry:
16 Jul 2014, 22:52
Wow! @winsome 10.5" difference between hips and waist. I consider that the winning-the-genetic-lottery shape! And don't worry if you really do have tree-trunk legs, nobody will be looking at them...they'll be admiring your shape!
16 Jul 2014, 23:50
I think so too. Dream on, Penny...
17 Jul 2014, 00:14
I just had to measure my waist. I haven't done so for months because it never changed. I see I have lost a bit and now my waist/ weight ratio is 54% and I get a slight curve in the graph. It's 88cm or 34 and a half inches. Something no one has mentioned here is the dreaded topic of age. I never did have a slim waist but pregnancy in my 30s - twins, now turning 30 this month - was the end of it completely. It doesn't matter how much I fast, I will never have a slim waist. I think our image of the ideal woman is someone in their late teens and early 20s. And someone asked why women angst about their appearance and men don't. Hello! We live in a patriarchal society where women's worth is based on their sexual appeal to men. Sorry to state the obvious. When we get to 40, 50, 60 and beyond, we are no longer seen as sexy and we all start to feel worthless and unattractive. This is a social issue, not a personal one. We have bigger waists than 20 year olds because we have done our female business of having children for society so now don't turn around and tell me there's something wrong with my body as a result! I don't mean to be serious on this funny thread - and yes, I hate my waist and long for the svelte figure of a 20 year old - which I never had when I was 20 . Now's the time to learn to love our ageing figures, proudly thrust forward our bellies which have produced the next generation and focus our attention on doing what makes our lives happy.
17 Jul 2014, 01:20
Just don't even get me starting on having a thick waist. Mine barely goes in at all. :(

Everyone constantly comments on my legs but they don't see my huge middle. Well, I'm not really huge, I'm 5'8, size 10-12, 29-30 inch waist, 38 inch hips, 22inch thighs, but I hate it. I've never had a flat stomach. I know though, unless I am uber strict with what I eat and training at all times, this won't change. I just wasn't built to be curvy. Meh.

Lil :heart:
62 posts Page 3 of 5