The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

64 posts Page 3 of 5
So brave, though, aren't they. I'm guessing you'd be brave enough to have a go @Debs

Bean :shock: :cake:
Just shifted my camping chair to the right tent. Snowboarding, with rails now. They're fearless.
I'd be right in there!! Always wanted to do something like that. Will have to settle for cage diving with Great White Sharks later this year in South Australia!
What?!! Are you really? Oh I just think of Jaws and thats enough to put me RIGHT OFF doing something like that. I knew you were an intrepid sort @Debs

You must post some pictures when you've done it

Bean :shock: :cake:
Certainly will, will make sure the hubby has life insurance too :wink:
wendyjane wrote: I was JUST thinking today about how there should be a tent for the spectators, and here it is already.

UK (how many countries is that?)

@wendyjane when we enter the Olympics, we're 'one' country. When we enter the Commonwealth games or other sporting event, we're separate 'countries'
Wales
Scotland
Northern Ireland
England

..and then there's the Isles of Man and the Channel Islands. And of course, the 'United Kingdom' isn't the same as Great Britain. Oh no!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countries_ ... ed_Kingdom

Clear as mud, really!!
And we all love eachother!!!!!

Even my Cornish friend is a separatist :confused:
Why can't we all just be "United"? Peace and love, man, peace and love

Bean :party:
I root for many countries, USA first, then GB (BF is english), Canada/Australia/New Zealand and Norway (My grandfather is from Norway) and Japan (as you said MaryAnn the athletes are so polite). If I hear or see that any particular athlete is saying or tweeting stupid comments about another athlete, they are booted down the ladder. Can't stand poor sportsmanship!

Oh I almost forgot :doh: the Jamaican Bobsled team! Loved the story/movie. :)
I do get a little frustrated with the coverage, since I only get to see some of the USA athletes and only the top rankings from other countries. It is alot to watch, I suppose but sometimes I wish I could have more choice.
I haven't been able to watch anything yet today as I took my daughter-in-law to the Hobbycraft Show in Manchester.

I'm just catching up with the snowboarding now :) I'm supporting GB and Sweden
I'm so glad those Canadian girls won the moguls. Even though they beat out the American and the Japanese (who has been all over the news in the lead up to Sochi). I've not watched anything yet--just reading the results.
Yay Well Done Jenny Jones - Bronze Medal for Britain :)
I have been glued - superglued - to the Slopestyle. Hats off to all athletes.
It was awesome wasn't it. Well done to Jenny Jones.I was welling up when Matthew Pincent brought her parents in.
64 posts Page 3 of 5