The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

64 posts Page 1 of 5
Winter Olympics (heated) tent!!
03 Feb 2014, 10:13
This is a temporary tent for spectators of this year's Winter Olympics. Not quite sure how big a tent it needs to be, so let's say it'll be small, but I have some annexes handy, should it be more popular than anticipated!
I've provided some cosy blankets and heated it especially for you, as the mountains of Sochi might be a little chilly.
Despite the controversy surrounding the Olympics (is there ever a big event these days without it?) I will be watching as much as I can, as I am an armchair skater (oh, the triple lutz) and a wannabe skier, but the ski jump takes my breath away, as does the bob and the one where they go down the slope on a tea tray!
So, who will venture in? What will you be watching? Who will you be cheering on?
So many nationalities here, that it might be a lively tent!
I'll definitely be joining you in this tent, pennyforthem. I love watching stuff like this and quickly become an armchair expert!
Reserve me a seat please! Hope you're serving gluhwein? And have some cowbells for us to ring (rattle?) so as to get in the right spirit!
I enjoy Olympic shenanigans but given the quality of Australian commercial tv, we will only get snippets of an Australian coming 154th in the luge rather than getting a good taste of the sports! Still, I have some Fox at work so I shall pull up a stuffed polar bear rug! break open the gluwein and become an instant expert on the giant slalom!!!
There will be vodka, schnapps and gluhwein, plus soft drinks for the armchair athletes.
The heating/lighting will be green, powered by the hot air of pundits and politicians.
Make yourselves at home and bring your own cowbells, klaxons and national anthems.
:heart: If it's OK with you I will pop in now + then yes love the skiing, skating, bob + tin tray thingy but I won't be glued to TV Never tried the gluhweine so look forward to that must dig out my "hippy bells". OH memories :heart:
Shall I bring my own brandy then Penny?. :heart:
Hehe! Not a sport fan so "only here for the beer" as the advert used to say!
Seeing as i won't be watching, i will serve you all,so stay comfy in yr armchair and i' ll be round with drinkypoos..later will be dressed as cinema usherette and will be passing round the icecreams,popcorn and other assorted goodies
Ps whatever happened to usherettes,when did they stop,havent seen one for years..x
Oh yes please! Make some room for me! Yes, armchair athlete and judge ;) quickly learn when a triple lutz isn't quite to form. :grin:
I love the Winter Olympics too. My favs are curling and Ice skating but will watch others too.
Sue.Q wrote:

Perhaps I could organise a St Bernard with a barrel for you, Sue.
Candice, that's a might fine offer you just made there; you might be quite busy!
Tent is filling up nicely.
PennyForthem wrote:
Sue.Q wrote:

Perhaps I could organise a St Bernard with a barrel for you, Sue.
Candice, that's a might fine offer you just made there; you might be quite busy!
Tent is filling up nicely.
CandiceMarie wrote: Hehe! Not a sport fan so "only here for the beer" as the advert used to say!
Seeing as i won't be watching, i will serve you all,so stay comfy in yr armchair and i' ll be round with drinkypoos..later will be dressed as cinema usherette and will be passing round the icecreams,popcorn and other assorted goodies
Ps whatever happened to usherettes,when did they stop,havent seen one for years..x

:heart: Now you're talking Penny love the St Bernard too

CandiceMarie now you're giving away all your "kinky" secrets dressing up for him tonight are you? nice one :shock:
@PennyForthem i will even provide the St Bernards! Can't say fairer than that! :like:

Oooh @Sue.QShut your piehole! :shock:
That's the last time i confide all my little secrets to you! Now all the girls will want an usherette outfit! :wink: the ' tray round the neck' look is a very sexy one!
Could be très sexy - and then you could use it to go down the slope!
PennyForthem wrote: Could be très sexy - and then you could use it to go down the slope!

or tray sexy even! :wink: :razz:
Ooh yes can I bag a comfy armchair? I'll bring some Canada Dry ginger ale to go with the brandy so make horses necks!
I love watching the ice skating, skiing & tray sliding thing. I'm so glad it's a heated tent because I hate getting cold :wink:
64 posts Page 1 of 5