The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

64 posts Page 2 of 5
Hope you've organised lots of big TVs so we can watch several sports at once!

Here's the schedule of events so we can plan our viewing: http://www.sochi2014.com/en
All organised @carorees. Thanks for the schedule. The medal leaderboard is ready for the first recipient!
Oh yes,I'm in. Hoping to see some of the figure skating and the skiing. I'm quite tall so I'll have one of the comfy seats at the back please. Just kick me if I start snoozing... ;)
Armchair for me too please. I love all the sports and will be watching when that thing called work doesn't get in the way.

Lesley
Sitting back watching yesterday's programming. :) I'm rooting for many nations, of course, USA first! ;) :usa:
Is there room for a bean (I was gonna say small bean but THATS just wishful thinking!) I like the Winter Olympics: the luge, the skiing, skating...it's all good fun. I've always thought that Prw ski would be good. So let's sit around a warm camp fire and toast marshmallows whilst discussing the day's events

Bean :snowman:
Squish in beanster!
Isn't that freestyle snowboarding something? Wow!
And GB is in last place already in the pairs skating - somebody took a tumble!
My lovely dad (RIP) watched all sports and really instilled me with a love of the Olympics & Winter Olympics. I'll watch when I can, so leave room on the sofa for another one :grin:
Plenty of room @radleykitten
Watched Torville and Dean tonight and took my son to see them in Manchester.
Lots to watch and cheer, wherever you are in the world.
So far I have seen an Asutralian doing well in tehe snowboarding, an Australian not doing so well in the snowboarding and Australian commentators talking about how good Australians are at winter sports. :confused:
Lots to see and cheer, as long as you only want to watch Australians :curse:
I was JUST thinking today about how there should be a tent for the spectators, and here it is already.

I was also thinking that so many countries are represented on the forum, someone (um, @Pennyforthem, you put up the tent..) might want to be keeping a post updated with a list of medals won only by the countries of forum members.

EDIT: Then I counted... 15 at a minimum, so that could be a whole lot of medals. A representative from each of our countries should keep us up to date on how many their country has - an easier way to root for "us"...

UK (how many countries is that?)
Australia
New Zealand
Japan
US
Canada
France
Germany
Italy
Spain
Portugal
Netherlands
Finland
South Africa
Saudi Arabia (?)

Haven't noticed any Russians on the forum...
I'm rooting for USA, and my two adopted countries, Japan and UK. The Japanese athletes are always so polite and lovely, it is easy to root for them.
Don't forget the Norwegian and Swede here too. They should do quite well; it is @$%*@@!! cold there in winter!!
I think its the mens' luge today isn't it? Thats always quite amusing.

I think I'll have to support UK and Canada (since my grandad was Canadian and my sister now lives there)

Bean :snowman: :cake:
Ah yes, two men and their tea tray?!!
64 posts Page 2 of 5