The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

44 posts Page 2 of 3
I also don't like fish but I like prawns, calamari, and scallops.
I really really hate the look and smell of... Oysters! Yuk yuk yuk... The funny thing is i grew up in France and they eat them every xmas but i just couldnt stomach them, ever! My other absolute most hated food has to be squid, sweet Jesus, my parents are sicilians and they love the stuff over there... But one look and i run!!!!!!!
I am another one not great on fish but i love salmon, an some seafood... :-)
Nothing savoury really but pudding is a different story. Apple pie, Christmas pudding, rhubarb crumble, bleughhh. Just the smell, so gross.
I wish I didn't dislike so much the texture of the skins of most fruits and the strings in beans and snap peas--I'd spend a lot less time peeling and stringing!
Marybeth, I'm the same, I am totally unable to eat the stringy bit in beans, lots of fruit skins and even the stalk in tomatoes, even cherry tomatoes!

The one food I hate and can't get around is onions, which is terrible, they are everywhere!
carorees wrote: green tea...I can't stand the stuff. Also broad beans...not sure if they're good for me but I hate them with a passion!

Actually - any sort of tea that's not ... Proper tea :wink: if you know what I mean :shock: :confused: :bugeyes:
Raw celery. I add it, very finely chopped, to pasta sauces, stews and risotto but cannot eat it raw. Nor can I eat vegemite.
Pumpkin. Can't stand it, yet it really does seem so versatile. It's in plenty of recipes I'd try if I liked it. Generally I substitute sweet potato, but often it'd be easier if I liked pumpkin.

I'm quite happy with the other foods I don't like - the biggies are steak and cooked carrot - doesn't bother me at all.
I really wish I liked liver :bugeyes: and I wish I could tolerate spicier chillis... I like them, I like them really hot but I just can't tolerate them!
Grapefruit- I don't know what it is but the smell of it makes me so nauseous. I've never eaten it and it's a shame because it's one of the few fruits I dislike. Celery is another thing I cannot stand no matter how much I try it.}
Celery, onions and marmite yuk yuk yuk I am nor a fussy eater so I don't have a long list
Oh dear like all of the above

I balk at liver, kidneys and brains I just cannot face though my my side to crumb them when I was a kid an I like them. Tripe never
I wish I liked coffee. So many social occasions when it would be awesome to have a coffee. But *ew* it just stinks. Also when it's in food, it ruins the entire thing.
The other one is celery. It's another one that smells and the smell infiltrates everything. I can't even have it in the fridge.

But those are pretty much the only two things I don't like. And I eat plenty of other very aromatic food, so it's not all smells, just coffee and celery, that I don't like.
I'm with you Silverdarling and Caro, I hate green tea however much I try to like it, I always come back to a nice strong cuppa with milk.

I can't think of much I really hate, there re plenty I think ho hum to, green beans, broccoli, oysters, never tried tripe. Never been a fan of steak.
Actually, just making a cuppa and realised I really really hate instant coffee, so there we are!!!
Celery, in anything, cooked or raw.
Raw mushrooms, I love them cooked, I just can't close my teeth on them. Raw they are the eating version of fingernails on a chalk board.
Cooked or cooking broad beans, the smell just turns my stomach.
Coffee in a mug with milk or cream is fine, in puddings and sweets, bleurgh!

Luckily I can avoid most of the above by never buying them in or preparing food with them in, they are also all pretty much easily avoided in restaurants. Except for the one time when a restaurant served me a prawn cocktail which had celery in the marie rose sauce.

My husbands list is much, much longer, but his main bugbear is mayonnaise, he can't stand the stuff, yet they use it instead of butter in practically all pre-packaged sandwiches and rolls everywhere in the UK.
44 posts Page 2 of 3