The FastDay Forum

The Foodies Corner

44 posts Page 3 of 3
Nicky_94 wrote: Marybeth, I'm the same, I am totally unable to eat the stringy bit in beans, lots of fruit skins and even the stalk in tomatoes, even cherry tomatoes!

Me three!! I also avoid fish, except for salmon and tuna in case I get a bone... and if I ever get a bit of chicken gristle in my mouth I do actually gag!!!
Green tea, fish, mushrooms, avocado, beer - and a real drag in the summer - salad! Can't stand salad - rabbit food as my dad used to say !! :unlike: uggggh!
Fish? I can't even stand the smell, makes my poor tummy turn.
Liver, kidney, blood products.
Green tea is also blah.
Although I don't detest them per se, I am simply not a veggie person, don't eat much fruit either but love berries.
Rye meal porridge. I grow up with the stuff - horrible slippery hard to swollow - gahhh.
Jellies and jello, shivering slippery.....
Not very fond of ice cream either, but I can eat it.
Don't think I ever will eat or cook with virgin coconut oil....But put it in a lip balm or body butter - yes.
There is probably more stuff, but these are what springs to mind right now.
I'm with KataMac. I don't like coffee at all which means I just have to have iced chocolates but not on fast days of course and purely just to be social! My husband wishes I liked beer!
The posts remind me of all the other things I don't like-but as I don't wish I did I wont embarass myself with the longish list!
Yayy - there are many more people who don't like fish. People look at me oddly when I say I don't eat fish, mussels, oysters or scallops. And they always go "but fish is so good" and "you haven't tasted a truly good fish dish". Silly people, of course I have eaten fish, but developed a severe distaste for it.
I get that when abroad, 'but you should love fish, you live on an island'. I can take or leave fish, and the fish of choice is smoked haddock.
I haven't seen this one yet - bell peppers. Mom made the best stuffed peppers from the garden. I ate the stuffing and dad got my pepper! I still cannot stomach them and can taste them in most anything and now, even if I eat a little bit, I end up burping the taste back up for hours. This does not stop me from eating Mexican food now and then, however, I just suffer with it! Bell peppers are so healthy, I do wish I liked them!

Dislike raw onions, but can eat cooked, so never get them in any kind of salad.
Celery, parsnips, mussels, broad beans, butter beans, rare cooked meats (bleurgh), tiramisu, runny boiled or fried eggs (eeewww), rollmop herring... there is more but I cant think of them right now.
:bugeyes:
I'm reading this thread with my mouth dropped open, thinking for the squillionth time on this forum, how different we all are. I'm not a fussy eater. With me it's pretty much - if it don't move I eat it. Sometimes if it moves I eat it (joke!).

I get it with the fish and some of the other smelly or squelchy foods (all of which I eat quite happily). But celery? Say whut? Not that I'm passionate about celery, just that it seems a rather inoffensive green stalky thing to me.

Oh well, wouldn't the world be a boring place if we were all the same?! :wink:
Yes shachat, I was surprised at how many people shared my aversion to celery! Don't know what it is about it but it's not for me!
Motherof2 wrote: Celery, parsnips, mussels, broad beans, butter beans, rare cooked meats (bleurgh), tiramisu, runny boiled or fried eggs (eeewww), rollmop herring... there is more but I cant think of them right now.
:bugeyes:

Just the words rollmop herring makes me want to hurl
Had a colleague,very nice woman,but she sat opposite me and often brought RH with her for lunch :confused:
Agree w you re runny eggs/ fried eggs
shachat wrote: I'm reading this thread with my mouth dropped open, thinking for the squillionth time on this forum, how different we all are. I'm not a fussy eater. With me it's pretty much - if it don't move I eat it. Sometimes if it moves I eat it (joke!).

I get it with the fish and some of the other smelly or squelchy foods (all of which I eat quite happily). But celery? Say whut? Not that I'm passionate about celery, just that it seems a rather inoffensive green stalky thing to me.

Oh well, wouldn't the world be a boring place if we were all the same?! :wink:

I must be a pig. I like everything apart from tea! Specifically good old fashioned black tea or "plumbers tea" as we say in England. Cannot bear it and it churns my stomach. :razz: :razz:
Wolfie wrote: Fish? can't even stand the smell, makes my poor tummy turn.
Liver, kidney, blood products.
Green tea is also blah.
Although I don't detest them per se, I am simply not a veggie person, don't eat much fruit either but love berries.
Rye meal porridge. I grow up with the stuff - horrible slippery hard to swollow - gahhh.
Jellies and jello, shivering slippery.....
Not very fond of ice cream either, but I can eat it.
Don't think I ever will eat or cook with virgin coconut oil....But put it in a lip balm or body butter - yes.
There is probably more stuff, but these are what springs to mind right now.

Not keen on lutfisk, surströmming or blodpudding then, Wolfie? :wink:
44 posts Page 3 of 3