The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

895 posts Page 37 of 60
Previous 1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 60 Next
61.8kg On my way to my interim goal of 60kg. This challenge is really helping me to stay on track. Thank you.
Hello, #48 checking in, although I'm not happy with my check-in!!

I have gained 1.6lbs at the end of my week 4. I'm trying to not let it bother me as I have thought about all the different things that could be effecting this number on the scales! I wasn't ready to plateau or GAIN just yet!!

The last week however, I have swapped my fasting days, I have had my TOTM, I have been constipated, I have tracked ALL calories (or at least tried to) but its VERY hard to know EXACTLY the calories you are eating if you eat in a restaurant for example, on my food days I haven't eaten anyhwere near my TDEE and I have also eaten between 300-500 cals on my fast days. So I keep reassuring myself that this gain CAN'T be FAT gain, unless I am massively underestimating/tracking my calories on food days.....
My TDEE is 2465 calories, well on food days I'm only logging between 1600-2000??

So, like I say, that was the number on the scales and I'm not happy about it as its made a right mess of my progress tracker!(lol) AND stopped my nice run of consistent loss each week!

Anyhow, I haven't deviated from my plan, not even had any of the Halloween goodies as Im CONVINCED it will show a better reading on the scales at the end of my week 5. However, just to make sure, I'm going back to liquid (zero calorie) only fasts for this week to help!!

JB x
Hi - #10 checking in a bit late this week as I have been away in Scotland for 5 days. Very pleased to report that I am 2lb down on last week's weight (think I lost it before Scotland and somehow managed to keep it off!). Very glad now that I skipped a few meals while away and made an effort to walk as much as possible - enjoyed a few treats (no alchohol though) and didn't come back to any regain which makes it all worthwhile!

2lbs away from my original target now so will see how this week goes then revise it down.

Good luck everyone
:victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory:
#109 - 2 weeks into my 9-week challenge & delighted to report 12st 4.5lb this morning - 1lb lost this week & 3lbs total. Big challenges looming though - my mum's 80th celebrations next Fri-Sun, then a work shindig, lunches out & probably post-work drinks too the following Tues & Wed. And the Thursday evening out! I've a military-style plan that fits fast days around all this for the next 2 weeks (beginning today), but the intervening calories may be astronomic!
Hi, number 46 here this week I have gained 1.2lbs but I haven't fasted and I did have a ginormous homemade pasty so I am not surprised onwards and downwards for next week.
rawkaren wrote: One whole month in ketosis and using fasting windows. 3 carb feeds all inside my TDEE. Counting everything going into my mouth. Total loss 1lb. I had an initial loss of 2lb's but that would have been water. However my body fat is down 1.5% (it's been trending down all month). This number is more important to me. No movement on waist measurement.
To say I'm gutted is an understatement. :confused: Please can you change my goal to 3lb's. Thanks.

Goal updated @rawkaren 3lbs loss it is.
thanks everyone for week 4 updates

I will compile updates for post 1 soon.. ive been away from the computer all weekend

Here we are at week 5. Seeing some people are monthly weighers , ill do a call out to those who havent posted any results in case the email triggers a report.

Some great results, some ok results , some disappointing results. whichever category you are at, dont worry there is time to think about the cause/effect if it makes sense. I guess for those that really watched what they consumed and didnt get a result so far can be awfully frustrating and confusing, but as many threads here say.. theres many many reasons for it and the best thing is to stick to original methods planned or up the "restriction" within the "healthy restrictions" set here of course. No excess or elongated fasting allowed. Be careful, and smile... for good things to come
Well like @Rawkaren, I am barely moving either, still between half and one kilo constantly (1&2 lbs in old money). And I am frustrated too!
I have tried pretty much anything and everything!
#43 checking in..........84.7kg today. Happy with this as feeling better and less sluggish. Just need to keep going as am the same weight I was when I started last year! Been up and down since then. Determined to keep on the downwards road. X
Update from #78
October was a bit of a mixed month - lots of celebrations (three birthdays) and a short break away so I didn't manage 4:3 and the no alcohol during the week slipped a couple of times, but I kept to 5:2 and managed a 1kg loss by 1 November. This was not as good as I would have liked, but onwards and downwards in November, I hope.
mas54321 wrote: #96 with week five:
Two days early (going on holiday)
-1.7kg

Which leaves me 1kg from my xmas target of losing 12.5kg

wow what an amazing result over 5 weeks @mas54321Xmas challenge #96
target: -12.5kg
Week 1: -3.9kg
Week 2: -1.8kg
Week 3: -2kg
Week 4: -2.1kg

amazing! congratz
Slimmer wrote: No 23 checking in - today I weigh 15st 10lbs which is exactly the weight I was at when this challenge started!
I now feel back on control with low carb 16:8 and 5:2/4:3, however I lnow I won't meet my goal of 14st 13lbs. Therefore Juliana, please may I reset my goal to 15st 3lbs which just may be achievable?!
X

No worries @slimmer.. i have updated post 1 one your updated goals.. Good to reset along the way for whatever reason.
JanKenPon wrote: #52
61.8kg On my way to my interim goal of 60kg. This challenge is really helping me to stay on track. Thank you.

Thank you for your sentiment @jankenpon and great to see your results.

Messages like these Keeps me going to keeping the group motivated to do well. At the end of the day you only have yourself to congratulate/blame .. kidding about the blame.. i believe we should never be too harsh on ourselves as there are just so many factors that affect our weight. Staying fit and healthy is as important. But of course with that in mind if we can put our positive thinking hats on and work within the restrictions we have given ourselves, be proud of whatever result you get. If you do make your goal.. have a big piece of cake!
Riel wrote: Hi, number 46 here this week I have gained 1.2lbs but I haven't fasted and I did have a ginormous homemade pasty so I am not surprised onwards and downwards for next week.

Homemade pastry... yum... being aware of the ups and downs and what can cause the extra weight is the first step. Hope it goes well this week for you @Riel.
Post 1 now updated with everyones figures and for some, stories. im hoping post 1 makes for a good read on Dec 26 as we all indulge in Christmas leftovers lol !
Previous 1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 60 Next
895 posts Page 37 of 60