The FastDay Forum

Forum & Progress Tracker Help

41 posts Page 3 of 3
Re: Nothing to LOSE but an O!
04 May 2013, 09:31
I am with you Jed, my first post had mistakes but am getting used to this site

An aside it will be fun buying some new clothes.
04 May 2013, 10:39
Jed wrote: I know how to spell, it's my fingers that forget!

Bit like me Jed, I often think that the link and distance between brain and fingers is part of the problem, the information deteriorates by the time it's got down there :confused:

Having said that the fastre I ty and trype the worst my speeling gits :rotfl:
04 May 2013, 11:07
Charlie10 wrote: Tbh...I do notice obvious spelling mistakes but hey, I'm not here to correct others on it.
I'm here for help and great tips on 5:2

I also think its fair to say that picking people up on spelling and grammar may discourage them to post and that can only be a sad thing in my opinion.

I agree with this we cant all be clever clogs, I hate people who pick others up on their weaknesses,its ok in a light hearted way but not in a rude way
04 May 2013, 23:19
If you forget to check the predictive text all sorts of mistakes can creep in that make you cringe afterwards
05 May 2013, 10:38
This is soooo close to my heart (sorry far too many Os there) - I've been known to sit in a pub and get my pen out and correct all the mistakes on the menu - how sad is that :smile: - but I only did that once !!! I have yet to read a book where I don't find at least one spelling/grammar error - in publications, adverts, posters anything where somebody has presumably been paid to proof read the text, it drives me absoloooootely crazy - but when it's here on a forum I think that's a bit different. Then there's the story of a friend who corrected a teacher's spelling on her child's homework - that was very funny. Teacher never forgave her - sort of understandable, but then again my friend did have a point!!!
06 May 2013, 11:31
I use 4 different keyboards within the week. This is the best way to GUARANTEE spelling mistakes! Each keyboard is of different size and needs different pressure to type. My friends' favourite is my most usual Greek spelling mistake, when I type "fart" instead of "do". ;-)
06 May 2013, 11:45
Ha ha LOL! Have missed your posts over the last day or two TML - presume normal service now resumed?? :grin: :lol: :grin:
06 May 2013, 11:47
Still celebrating Easter but in a more relaxed way! Eating on every hour has now given it's place to eating every 2-3 hours, LOL!
19 May 2013, 01:29
Silverdarling wrote: Really interesting and amusing thread for first thing in the morning ... Noe off to work in my newly LOOSE trousers, lol!

Do be careful not to LOSE them round your ankles! :wink:
19 May 2013, 04:43
AND CARO, DON'T FORGET YOUSE! Not here of course but if we are going to get pedantic...I have had a great laugh at this thread :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
19 May 2013, 05:59
Katharina - already much 'loosed' haha! Belt up a notch or 'too' - :grin: :lol: :grin:
41 posts Page 3 of 3