The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone :grin:
I'm Jilly, 47, from the UK. Lifelong weight battle. Thought I had a grip on it 6 years ago when I lost 80 pounds through calorie counting to get to my goal in time for my wedding. Have been fighting the regain ever since! Tried 5:2 in 2013 with initial good results, but didn't stick at it.

Restarted on May 2nd and have done really well, lost 13 pounds so far (although scales have not been kind to me this week! :confused: ) I have been checking the forums regularly and enjoying the posts, and also posting a lot on a fasting forum on Reddit as I'm also playing with longer fasts. I am now back into a safer weight zone and lower than I've been for 5 years, so feeling confident this fasting thing is what I needed.

I wonder if anyone can help me with the blog feature? I'm not usually an IT numpty, but this has me stumped, I've been all over the pages and can't find how to start a new blog!

I'm fasting today! Seems to work well with Mondays!
Hi Jilly and welcome!

The blog feature wasn't working because you hadn't been approved for a post yet. It should work for you now.

Please note that we have some rules about longer fasts - we decided as a forum that people cannot discuss zero calorie or near zero calorie fasts lasting longer than 36 hours on this forum. We did this to prevent the forum turning into an anorexia forum and to protect the forum's creator. I hope you can respect that. I also hope that if you are fasting for longer periods of time, it is under a doctor's supervision.

Thanks!
Hi Jilly,welcome to the gang! X
Welcome to our humble little forum, @Jilly_C! It sounds like you already know about 5.2, but for the heck of it, here's a pdf I put together for a friend:
5-2 et al.pdf
5.2 Basics
(590.6 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
Hi maybe I am 'thick' but I also haven't been able to see where you start a new post?
blog.php
The link to your own blog is on the left, at the top :-)
6 posts Page 1 of 1