The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello - I am new here
27 Mar 2015, 22:20
Hi
I too am new, having come over from the Fast Start programme which I found incredibley helpful/useful with great support and presentations. - I read various opinions on having to pay for the course, it was well worth the money and I have paid for plenty of diets! Then......I went on holiday and it all went out the window, so I need to revisit it all. I haven't had the courage to weigh myself to see the damage. Fasted the day after I got back from holiday and managed it fine but today has just been a disaster. I need to decide if I'm going to do 5:2 or 4:3 but have a couple ot trips away again and am trying to find some sort of routine. I also work shifts which just doesn't help.
So, I'm looking forward to chatting on the forum and getting to know folk.
Cheers, Fee
Re: Hello - I am new here
28 Mar 2015, 01:03
Welcome to the forum, Kiltedgirl! Are you in Scotland? I'm going to visit for the first time in July - I'm very excited. My husband has been a few times for work.

Anyway, don't panic until you weigh yourself. You might not have done as poorly as you think. How are your clothes fitting? Last year I did two weeks in France and only gained 2 pounds - and I felt like I ate my way across Paris.

Good luck and welcome!!
28 Mar 2015, 01:07
Welcome and good luck, kiltedgirl! You're not alone struggling with time away from home. It's likely to come off quickly once you get back in the swing of things. Can you easily skip a few meals when you're on a trip? That might be easier that actually sticking to 500
28 Mar 2015, 01:50
Welcome to the forum @Kiltedgirl we all find our different way, and sometimes it can take us time. No rush. I think there are a few that work shifts who will be able to offer their experience. I recommend 52 when it fits you to get you on track and then try 43 if required. See you soon Fee. :clover: Take care.
28 Mar 2015, 08:29
Hi Fee,welcome! Good luck with yr weigh in but dont forget to note inches as well as pounds and ounces...sometimes inches will have disappeared while the scales stubbornly refuse to show a loss! X
28 Mar 2015, 08:29
Hi Fee, @kiltedgirl, good to see you here as well as in the FastStart graduates area, more support is always good!

As others have said, don't worry about any holiday gain or the tricky restart. You've done the best possible thing: you've committed to returning to fasting. After that just keep on experimenting to make it work for you and become your way of eating for life. Focus on that and the weight loss will follow.
29 Mar 2015, 17:48
Hiya kiltedgirl
Welcome ! I am new too... Sort of ! Lol
Back on the 5:2 after being away for months. Started my first fast yesterday and went ok. Hope this is me " in the zone" :bugeyes: . Good luck
Amanda x
31 Mar 2015, 09:16
Hi everyone
Thanks for your replies and encouragement! I'm starting to get my groove again having lost some of the weight I put on on holiday and am feeling a bit more in control of things.
Tracieknits, I live in Essex but am from Scotland originally. Am not surprised you're excited about your forthcoming trip, it's an amazing place- but I am biased :wink: If you need any suggestions for good places to visit, jusst give me the nod.

Fee x
31 Mar 2015, 16:06
Hi Fee, just a quick wave and hello from me too, good luck to you and aweemanda. Maybe you could buddy up, it helps to have someone in the same boat. And for all it is worth, I would say, try and stick with 5:2 for a bit until you are used to it. Once you have a bit of experience and confidence and you want to lose a bit quicker then you can always up the game.
9 posts Page 1 of 1