The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

17 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi from Paris, France
27 Dec 2015, 14:28
Hi all
I am a french citizen living in Paris,as the "IF" is not properly tackled in french..I decided to join this forum.
I hope it won't bother you ;-)
I am not using a translator, please be kind when judging my english.

I hope to find a strong support here

So happy to be one of you
Re: Hi from Paris, France
28 Dec 2015, 03:17
Bonjour et bienvenue @qamar!

Nous avons quelques forumites qui habite en France. Je suis Americane, et je regrette que mon Francais n'est pas tres bien. J'aime beaucoup votre belle ville et votre pays.

And of course we will forgive any grammar or spelling mistakes :-)

What can we help you with? If you have trouble coming up with words, feel free to use your French and we'll figure it out together in both languages!
28 Dec 2015, 08:47
Hi and welcome from me too.
28 Dec 2015, 08:55
Bonjour et bienvenue, @qamar.
J'habite en Australie et je parle un petit le français, mais pas très bien.
28 Dec 2015, 11:38
Bienvenue !

Je suis l'une des rares française sur le forum, présente depuis bientôt 3 ans et je t'assure que tout le monde sera extrêmement indulgent concernant les éventuelles fautes en anglais.

I will only talk in English though, as I want to be understand by everyone :wink:
28 Dec 2015, 15:37
Welcome. Your English looks pretty good to me! Very impressed with all the replies in French, so far.
Look forward to hearing how you are getting on.
28 Dec 2015, 17:55
Welcome from the U.S., I don't know any French (took Deutsch in school), but this is a very forgiving and non-critical group! And as I do for most newbies, here's a pdf of info about 5.2 I put together for a friend...
5-2 et al.pdf
5.2 basics
(590.6 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
28 Dec 2015, 18:33
Hi all
Thank you so much for your warm welcome!
I guess I will spend a lot of time reading all the topics.

Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart!
29 Dec 2015, 16:58
Welcome qamar!
You have my admiration as i could never read and contribute to a French site..
My schoolgirl French is limited altho i studied French to A level and i think its a beautiful language x
02 Jan 2016, 23:09
Bonne année à vous et bienvenue :clover: :victory:
09 Aug 2016, 10:59
Dear all
A quick update on my journey, I failed
I dint't try the 5:2 method but the 16/8 hours
It's not a great achievement I ended taking weight, it's very hard to keep this fasting with job ; social obligation etc
I bought the book , read carrefully and now I am swtichng with the 5:2 method.
i will be more and more on the forum, and hope this time is for good
09 Aug 2016, 15:35
Good luck with 5:2!
09 Aug 2016, 16:55
Welcome back!! yes, 16:8 doesn't seem to work for everyone -- it's easy to overeat in those 8 hours.

Best of luck on 5:2 this time!
09 Aug 2016, 18:16
Qamar ...lovely to have you back x good luck x
10 Aug 2016, 08:23
Hi and welcome,wishing you luck this time around,once you do 5.2 for a while you can try the other ways. But it's hard with working but I find it easy enough because it keeps me busy and away from food but you need to drink lots of water,it helps.
17 posts Page 1 of 2