The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

20 posts Page 1 of 2
Newbie from Dallas
20 Jan 2014, 17:49
Hi everyone.

My husband and I have just started the 5:2 diet today!

We live in Dallas and would love to know if there are any other dallasites? We are quite healthy and eat and exercise sensibly. We've been finding ourselves putting on weight as we age - I'm 52. Really hoping this diet helps in keeping the weight increase in check. Looking for tips from this forum ;-)

Happy New Year everyone!

Cheers
alka
Re: Newbie from Dallas
20 Jan 2014, 18:01
Hi and welcome to you both! Just wanted to say that it might not be a good idea to use your email address as your forum name as it is then out there in public so maybe think about changing it? Just a thought and to protect your privacy!
20 Jan 2014, 18:09
Hi and big welcome to you and hubz xx
I echo callyanna's advice re email add xx
Enjoy the forum,plenty of advice and support here and lots of good fun too!
20 Jan 2014, 18:13
Hi there!

Not from Dallas, but Connecticut! Seems us Americans are the minority on this forum! :wink: I'm learning how to convert pounds to kgs!

Welcome and Good luck!
20 Jan 2014, 18:59
:heart: Hi and Welcome to both of you hope you enjoy doing this WOL/WOE :clover: Good. Luck. :clover:
20 Jan 2014, 19:35
Hi and welcome:

Here are some tips that seem to have helped others: post68626.html#p68626

And here is what you might experience along the way: post71147.html#p71147

Good Luck!
20 Jan 2014, 20:07
Very good point about making my email my as my forum name! But now I dont know how to change it. Will i have to delete this account and create a new one? Since I just created one this is not a big deal but I'd be grateful if someone know how to change the profile name that is displayed on forum.

Thanks
20 Jan 2014, 20:10
Just didn't want you to be inundated with unwanted emails or spam! Maybe a mod can help out here or @moogie please?
20 Jan 2014, 21:34
@alka Send a PM to @Moogie to request a new forum name, include the name you would like to use and she can reset your name for you. Just click on Moogie's name in this message and you'll be sent to her profile. :)
20 Jan 2014, 21:42
Changed your name to @alka, let me know if you wanted something different :)
20 Jan 2014, 22:56
Thank You Moogie!

Today was tough! I had my 1st meal at noon but then started feeling hungry at 3. Had a few almonds and some tea. Feeling better now at 5pm. Hoping I can do this ;-)
20 Jan 2014, 23:05
:heart: Hi @alka Well done you got through the day but maybe less tough to have evening meal only as I do a meal of 2courses by way of a reward for going the 24 hrs and find myself feeling fuller into the night and never go to
bed hungry.
I actually struggle more when I have lunch but of course that's what suits me but maybe worth trying just once. :clover:
22 Jan 2014, 05:33
Welcome Alka. It gets easier so don't give up. I'm straight up a couple of states in Missouri. Lost 40 pounds last year and turned 55...love 5:2! I drink lots of different teas throughout the fast day. I don't eat until dinner as once I snack it is all over but the crying.
22 Jan 2014, 17:35
Thanks! Yes I did feel SO Good after 1st day! Next day is Thursday - tomorrow. I have been exercising but not as much as I would like to ;-) We walk around 10 miles over weekend and then around another 10 over the week. That has not helped me in losing weight so I am convinced weight is all about how much you eat!

I have some great recipes for salads that I shall post soon. We love Salads and eat salads at least 5-6 times a week.

I love Tea and have to have tea even on the fast days but I just have to have sugar in my tea :(

Hoping this goes well. You guys are very inspiring!

Cheers!
22 Jan 2014, 18:36
hi again alka and glad you got your forum name sorted! :like: :grin:
Regarding the sugar in your tea , it's just empty calories so why not try just gradually reducing the amount you use until your taste buds get used to a less sweet taste if you can't go cold turkey and just cut it out in one fell swoop! Best of luck anyway, you're doing great!
20 posts Page 1 of 2